• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Slow load

Saladene

I have been using firefox browser to play FOE for about 7 months now. Load issue just started yesterday. The login page loads fine. After world is selected, the load process stops (always when the 'loading' bar is on screen and at 86%). This occurs about 75% of the time I try to load game. I hit refresh page 1-3 times until game loads. Everything else on firefox, and my computer works fine. I have checked, and I am using latest version of firefox. I cleared cache and cookies. Before I switched to firefox to play FOE, I had been using Microsoft Edge. It became too laggy in-game, so I switched to firefox. Up to this point, FOE had loaded fine on firefox. restarting computer changed nothing. Looking for some help and feedback. ty

Saladene

once it stops loading at the 86% (sometimes 85 or 87), I used to wait 30-60 seconds before refreshing. But once it became obvious that it was going to freeze at that spot, I only wait 5-10 seconds. btw, it is getting worse.. recent login took 8 refreshes of page. Using the HTML5 version. Going to turn it off, and see if it helps. brb

Saladene

turned off html, had to install adobe flash... game loading fine now.. Thought I heard that adobe flash was being fased out soon, anyway … Does anyone know ?? ty

RazorbackPirate

I used to have the same problem using Chrome. Then I switched to Brave which cleared everything up. I can only surmise that the other browsers load so much junk in the background to track your every move on the internet that is slowed FoE to a crawl. Brave doesn't load any of that junk, because it doesn't track your moves. Don't know if that was the source of the issue, but I do know Brave took care of it. I did have to exit Chrome and reboot my computer, but once I did the latency went away.

DeletedUser36941

I haven't been able to log onto Arvahall all day, came here to see if anyone else having a similar issue. I've tried multiple times since this afternoon. Trying again now and all I get is the blue Inno loading screen. I can log onto Angkor just fine though and Arva works on mobile. I'm using Opera.

UBERhelp1

turned off html, had to install adobe flash... game loading fine now.. Thought I heard that adobe flash was being fased out soon, anyway … Does anyone know ?? ty
Flash is no longer needed to load media on pages with things such as HTML5.

Saladene

ty all for your input. Think i will try loading Brave and see how that works. Getting late here, will try tomorrow. Will keep posted

DeletedUser32232

I used to have the same problem using Chrome. Then I switched to Brave which cleared everything up.
THANK YOU! I changed from Firefox to Chrome to Opera. Unhappy with the first two browsers. I was OK until FoE went HTML5. It became so laggy I've been contemplating going back to Flash. Then you mentioned Brave. I've installed and Forge loading has some snap to it again. I see it in changing menu screens, in combat screens, and especially when I first call the window up off the task bar (yes, "fist pump") What a relief. Thanks again RazorbackPirate.

Saladene

Unfortunately, getting lag now playing FoE on Bravo. Game loading fine. Lag is in-game only.. while aiding, loading some in-game screens, and noticed the cursor sometimes disappears. This stuff just started late yesterday. Been working great since I installed it last Oct. 2019. Anyone else using Bravo for FoE experiencing similar lag ? Maybe we can figure something out. ty

RazorbackPirate

For me, lag comes and goes. It all depends on the quality of the internet connection. There's a lot of pipes between the US and Germany with varying levels of traffic in them. Sometimes the freeway moves, sometimes there's a traffic jam.

Saladene

For me, lag comes and goes. It all depends on the quality of the internet connection. There's a lot of pipes between the US and Germany with varying levels of traffic in them. Sometimes the freeway moves, sometimes there's a traffic jam.
ty, Razorback for responding. Will keep an eye on it for a couple days and see.
Anyone else that experiences this, please also join in . ty