• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

UBERhelp1

So... Not really any big progress, but I'm one BP away from having an Arc and am currently working on getting the goods. With any luck, I'll have the Arc built soon :)

I'm also hoping for 2 Sunken Treasures from the event to replace my Tribal Square. However, I was able to get a trader guard post, which is a little bit helpful, filling in some excess space but still giving a needed boost.

GB levels:
  • ToB: 7
  • OoD: 7
  • LoA: 6
  • SoZ: 10
upload_2019-8-6_15-52-41.png

DeletedUser33179

So... Not really any big progress, but I'm one BP away from having an Arc and am currently working on getting the goods. With any luck, I'll have the Arc built soon :)View attachment 14094

I'm curious as to your reasoning for getting the Arc. And, what you'll get rid of to fit it in. (Being serious here, simply wondering what's your strategy as it relates to tiny town progression).

To me, it doesn't seem like you'd get much at all for practical return from that GB compared to other options (other GBs &/or event buildings) for a tiny town's needs. Arc will take up quite a bit of space, & other than the hourly fp freebies, you have tiny fp production with which to level it to 10. Seems like you'd have to stay in IA for many, many months just to get it there.

And then what? You're not going to get much fp packs profit from doing GB donations cuz too many folks are running up their Arcs without your space restrictions (so competition is much better situated than you). Whatever extra GBs donation winnings also seem to me somewhat unimportant in the scheme of things. You shouldn't need an ongoing collection of masses of bps (again, not that you'll get much given you're placing 4th or 5th spots) compared to what you can get without it. And your need for medals is rather limited given you'll never buy expansions. It's secondary benefit -- goods -- goes directly to treasury, not for you to use.

If you're looking to do something different (more challenging, perhaps) than standard tiny town GBs, did you consider HC instead of Arc? Mine's at level 10 ( a regular city, not tiny town) & I love it's daily bonuses (typically getting something each day, often multiple ones) + will provide you lots of supplies.

Are you (or other tiny towners) finding the settlements' buildings rather attractive?

UBERhelp1

I'm curious as to your reasoning for getting the Arc. And, what you'll get rid of to fit it in. (Being serious here, simply wondering what's your strategy as it relates to tiny town progression).

To me, it doesn't seem like you'd get much at all for practical return from that GB compared to other options (other GBs &/or event buildings) for a tiny town's needs. Arc will take up quite a bit of space, & other than the hourly fp freebies, you have tiny fp production with which to level it to 10. Seems like you'd have to stay in IA for many, many months just to get it there.

And then what? You're not going to get much fp packs profit from doing GB donations cuz too many folks are running up their Arcs without your space restrictions (so competition is much better situated than you). Whatever extra GBs donation winnings also seem to me somewhat unimportant in the scheme of things. You shouldn't need an ongoing collection of masses of bps (again, not that you'll get much given you're placing 4th or 5th spots) compared to what you can get without it. And your need for medals is rather limited given you'll never buy expansions. It's secondary benefit -- goods -- goes directly to treasury, not for you to use.

If you're looking to do something different (more challenging, perhaps) than standard tiny town GBs, did you consider HC instead of Arc? Mine's at level 10 ( a regular city, not tiny town) & I love it's daily bonuses (typically getting something each day, often multiple ones) + will provide you lots of supplies.

Are you (or other tiny towners) finding the settlements' buildings rather attractive?
I'm going for the Arc mainly so that I can snipe other players, which won't be fast, exactly, but will allow me to have a higher FP income. That will be incredibly useful in leveling my GB. It will take a while to build up a good stock, but, I think the benefits will be worth it. Already I have gotten some pretty good snipes, without the arc. (Part of the beauty of IA where everyone is self leveling) It's part experiment, part just for fun. Additionally, I'm testing to see whether this:
If I were to do this again, my speed-run strategy would be to build an Arc and Dynamic Tower as fast as possible.
Dynamic Tower high-age goods are worth a lot when traded down, so that's one problem solved. The lower your age is, the more powerful the DT is as a GB, so definitely worth the investment if you're just starting this out.
And then of course I'd use the Arc to get rich on FP, and use those FP to purchase more goods from other players, to progress through the ages without any head aches. But it requires a lot more effort than just logging in for daily harvest, of course.
is a viable strategy. I need to do a lot of RQs sometime in the near future, but haven't had the time recently. Additionally, once the Arc is leveled more it will be easier to level the other GB, like the DT (which I'm planning to get) and LoA. I figure that someone has to test it. Once I get the Arc I will probably get rid of most of my barracks and focus solely on FP production. Once I build up a good enough stock, I'll make my city more normal again. I'm staying in IA for as long as possible to get rewards faster, as IA is an easy age for events and questlines. With all the self levelers, I can make that even more profitable for myself.

Additionally, once I get the Arc that could open doors into some guilds that I otherwise could not get into (maybe. just speculation based on guild requirements I've seen. Remember, I'm on Zorskog, not Parkog, because I was stupid when starting out. Maybe I'll start a new one on Parkog soon? Idk). A guild would improve a couple of things - mainly FP production (Town Hall bonus), trading for goods, etc. Combine that with the DT and it could speed up the process immensely.

The settlement buildings are extremely efficient, and for the Tiny Town a fully leveled Shinto Temple would be incredibly useful, as well as using the timeless dojo (1 or 2 of them) for all one's troop needs. It would take time, but you wouldn't need any more military buildings as you'd get troops for free (like mini traz's, but not as powerful). The Emissaries' boosts would also be very welcome. However... I am running the settlements on my main, and thanks to my time I can spend on the game I don't have the ability to run a second set of settlements on my TinyTown at the same time. My hope is to finish the Feudal Japan settlement on my main and then work on it on my Tiny Town. I wish I had more time, but it just hasn't worked out that way.

DeletedUser35100

My thoughts exactly, I reached out to a VF goods dealer a couple of days ago and also messaged a few people with HCs in the 30-40 range for bps. Seems like it should be well worth the investment.

DeletedUser33179

I've followed this thread of tiny towns for quite some time, finding it interesting how folks problem solve their various needs progressing thru the Ages. Nice to see folks also trying how different GBs work out, & if there's any unforseen extra problems (or benefits).

Brunenjii

I started a TT on E World a couple of weeks ago. Still in the Bronze age, but I've built a ToB and have all the plans needed for a Zeus. I'll be entering the iron age soon, and eventually starting a cultural settlement. I'm thinking of starting with Japan. The Shinto Temple is a bit bigger than Ygg, but I'm really liking the 50 goods it gives at max level. Which do you more experienced TTers prefer?

Praetorius

I started a TT on E World a couple of weeks ago. Still in the Bronze age, but I've built a ToB and have all the plans needed for a Zeus. I'll be entering the iron age soon, and eventually starting a cultural settlement. I'm thinking of starting with Japan. The Shinto Temple is a bit bigger than Ygg, but I'm really liking the 50 goods it gives at max level. Which do you more experienced TTers prefer?
I'd go for the Japan settlement first. In the earlier ages where ATK/DEF doesn't factor in as much, the goods the Temple makes is definitely more worthwhile. In Tinytowns, goods matter more than anything. Getting a major boost in goods income early on makes things easier in the long run as goods costs get higher and higher through the ages. (Esp. when the harbor and terminal put a serious strain on your goods supply)

Even better, the Japan settlement completes faster and for fewer times and the Timeless Dojo can basically fulfill all of your unit needs.

Brunenjii

TT190815.jpg

I'm holding off the move to the Iron Age until the last day of the event. I can score some IA troops or buildings from the wheel that way. I've been able to keep up with the event quests, but a move to IA right now could jeopardize that. Since I'm lacking all of the previous event buildings I'll probably place the Crow's Nest until something better comes along.

I'm one upgrade away from being able to build a Trader Ship. I've 15 doubloons left, plus what's available until the end of the event. I'm hoping that will be enough.

One thing that has me concerned for the future is happiness. The CN gives a lot of pop, and the next event building will add to that. Other than hoping for an event building with lots of happiness in the future, what would be the best way to combat rising pop? OoD is good for now, but the happiness it provides won't scale well as I age up. I'm thinking I should aim for a FoD as soon as possible?

Praetorius

View attachment 14121

I'm holding off the move to the Iron Age until the last day of the event. I can score some IA troops or buildings from the wheel that way. I've been able to keep up with the event quests, but a move to IA right now could jeopardize that. Since I'm lacking all of the previous event buildings I'll probably place the Crow's Nest until something better comes along.

I'm one upgrade away from being able to build a Trader Ship. I've 15 doubloons left, plus what's available until the end of the event. I'm hoping that will be enough.

One thing that has me concerned for the future is happiness. The CN gives a lot of pop, and the next event building will add to that. Other than hoping for an event building with lots of happiness in the future, what would be the best way to combat rising pop? OoD is good for now, but the happiness it provides won't scale well as I age up. I'm thinking I should aim for a FoD as soon as possible?
If you get any hammocks, guard posts, pole houses, or premium decorations off the wheel those would go a long way to shoring up your happiness.

I recommend against FoD. It just doesn't do enough to merit the 5x5 footprint on top of the FP investment.

UBERhelp1

The trick with a Tiny Town is to actually use as little population as possible. Then you don't have to worry about happiness.

Also, I find IA a really nice age to camp with a Tiny Town. Quests are possible (some are challenging) and GE is pretty simple. Combined, that lets you get lots of rewards very fast. I'm hoping to get a lot of stuff I don't want so when I age up I can get a lot of coins from the Antiques Dealer, letting me get what I actually need. Once I get a city I like, I'll just move up in age, pausing to get the needed resources, and move on.

UBERhelp1

Ok, so right now I just finished paying for my Arc goods. Should have it up and running soon, but the seller isn't online right now. I'll post an update after the event with first impressions on the Arc as pertaining to a TinyTown.

Jern2017

So, this is the start of my Tiny Town.

I will post an update in a month or so, when there are some meaningful changes.

I should've started it sooner, so I'd have a chance of getting some Sunken Treasures during this event.

As far as GBs go, I'm planning on building the Oracle of Delphi and Lighthouse of Alexandria soon, with the Dynamic Tower in my sights somewhere in the future. I'm thinking about the Cape Canaveral as well. I've not seen many of those in Tiny Towns, but I'm thinking with some patience, it could be a great source of FPs.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20190820_000259_630.jpg
    IMG_20190820_000259_630.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 16

UBERhelp1

Big changes for a small town!!! I replaced the Colossus with the Crow's Nest, which is nice not only because of the goods (Colossus produced none) but also the FP (and diamonds). While I haven't done anything amazing with the Arc yet, I have started to invest my FP into sniping GB, slowly increasing my FP stores. I got 2 Trader Guard Posts from the event, which give a small boost to my city's production. While I failed to get a ship or any sunken treasures, this summer event was really good for this town. I also was able to re-organize my city into what is now my favorite layout so far. There is still space for new buildings once I knock out the barracks. But that won't be happening for a while, until I can get some efficient good-producing buildings.
upload_2019-8-21_14-45-35.png

Jern2017

Here's an update on my Tiny Town.

I wanted to leave the Bronze Age as soon as possible in order to unlock Daily Challenges and donating FPs to GBs of other players. My two goods deposits are lumber and stone. Since I've been told stone is rather scarce in Parkog, I built as many Stone Masons as I could.

i started playing just before the Summer event ended, but I was able to get a level 2 Crow's Nest. I'll keep it until I get my hands on a better event building and store it then.

For my first GB, I've decided to build the LoA and I'm currently looking for BPs.

Attachments

• IMG_20190825_015600_571.jpg
    IMG_20190825_015600_571.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 12

Brunenjii

I've got a well established IA city on Parkog. Which is why I created my TT on E world. :p
If you Parkog TTers need IA goods, just let me know.