• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

UBERhelp1

I reorganized my city, giving me room for one more barracks. Every bit counts. In the fall event, I'm hoping to get a cider mill or two and use those for supply production (if you notice, it's just the oracle, altar, and pagoda right now). The arc is pretty useful, considering that it means I don't have to pay to unlock GE as I'm in a guild by myself. It has helped me get more FP, but I've had bad luck with sniping the past few weeks and haven't seen many spots I can lock with my limited stock and arc boost. However, it is helping, it is just a question of if it is worth it, which only time will tell.

I also need another rogue hideout shrink kit so I can place another down.

I can't wait until I'm in EMA - the amount of high-quality stuff in my inventory is insane, and I'll be able to sell a lot to the AD. One benefit of a tiny town, I suppose.

I might delete the babel sometime soon as I don't need its population and there are more efficient ways of getting lots of goods in the same space (settlements?). That would also let me delete the oracle which is needed to offset the population. In total that would free up 25 spaces, which I could do a lot with.
upload_2019-9-5_19-35-53.png

Praetorius

Small update: Replaced the Pillar of heroes, a cider mill and the Greater runestone with a L4 Shinto Temple and a L5 Dojo.
untitled1.png

Come the Fall Event I'll replace the 2nd zen zone with the September Cottage

DeletedUser35100

Major Update to the Tiny Town!! Here's what it's looking like in the Late Middle Ages!Screen Shot 2019-09-13 at 4.11.02 PM 2.png
I added HC today, after a few long weeks of paying for the goods. Hopefully it will be a very useful addition to my TT. I also moved up to LMA a few weeks ago, but still at the beginning of the tech tree. End of fall event should bring another update along with the new September Cottage.

UBERhelp1

Nice! I hope the HC works well for you. I don't think I'm going for the cottage, mainly because I'd rather sit a super production-heavy event out on my TT. Additionally, as I'm now actually in a small, but still awesome, guild, I don't want to lose the ability to do too much GE (eventually that will have to change, sadly, as I move on).

And the arc is proving useful for generating some FP packs, but I'm having problems finding good snipes at the moment.

In a bit, I'm going to start getting goods/prints for a DT. Going to wait until my Arc is level 10 so I can get rewards faster, though.

Rhyyss

I'm curious if anyone has tried to do a Tiny Town relying just on Special Event buildings and the buildings from cultural settlements. Ygg and the Shinto Temple seem like they would be perfect for any Smallville.

RazorbackPirate

I'm curious if anyone has tried to do a Tiny Town relying just on Special Event buildings and the buildings from cultural settlements. Ygg and the Shinto Temple seem like they would be perfect for any Smallville.
How will you get the coins, supplies, goods, and FPs to progress through the tech tree to unlock Settlements and complete events without the use of regular buildings, at least initially?

UBERhelp1

The Shinto Temple, the Timeless Dojo, and Yggrasil would be priceless in a TinyTown. However, especially with the Feudal Japan settlement, it will be quite difficult as you can't really use the Merchant as it would cost lots of goods that you don't have, slowing down the settlement considerably.

Praetorius

The Shinto Temple, the Timeless Dojo, and Yggrasil would be priceless in a TinyTown. However, especially with the Feudal Japan settlement, it will be quite difficult as you can't really use the Merchant as it would cost lots of goods that you don't have, slowing down the settlement considerably.
I actually use the Merchant at the start to speed up the settlement. Going for a few trades to unlock expansions (6 or 7) isn't too much of a burden on your goods stockpile and the sooner you get the Shinto Temple leveled the faster your goods income increases. (Skip the trades that have no coins/supplies as options to keep goods costs to a minimum.)

Not using the Merchant at all will make progress a serious grind if you don't go for early expansions.

Last edited:

Rhyyss

How will you get the coins, supplies, goods, and FPs to progress through the tech tree to unlock Settlements and complete events without the use of regular buildings, at least initially?

Yes, at least initially, you'd need regular buildings for sure. It just seems like, if space is the limiting factor, there are now more options than great buildings.

ODragon

Major Update: Got the Shinto Temple to Level 8 and replaced the Winter Spire and Cherry Set with the Abandoned Asylum and a 2nd Tholos of Idols.
(Hated to replace the ever useful Cherry set but the Asylum just outperforms it in terms of goods, FP, and Attack%. Can't plunder it either.)

Not sure what level your LoA is. Have you considered getting rid of it?

UBERhelp1

A while back (February) he mentioned it was at level 22. That's a bit high to get rid of, considering the benefits it gives.

Also I'll post an update soon. Have some major shakeups :)

Praetorius

I've got LoA at L35 right now, which gives me 270% supply boost and 88 unrefined goods. I definitely need the boost because in higher ages like AF and OF coins and supply income actually becomes a concern (I always make sure to have a coin or supply boost from the tavern active for collection). I make about 450k supply a day but the tech costs for supplies are at 10Mil each now and it takes a while to rack up that much. The 1st tech supply cost in VF is 18 mill and it only goes up from there.

Even the unrefined goods are useful as a trade medium or when quests call for treasury donations.

On a side note, my Zeus just hit level 28 and adding the Asylum now brings my army boost to 92/39. And now I can complete 12/16 on GE 3.

UBERhelp1

Alright. Big changes have come to my small town.
  • I deleted the Arc. While this gave me a small heart attack, I just couldn't justify the space that the building took up. If my TT had more FP production, I think the Arc would actually have been a good strategy. One possible way to go with the Arc would be to build an FP-based TT, getting the Cape early on and leveling it.
  • Back to the changes, I swapped out the Crow's Nest with the Abandoned Asylum, mainly because it gave the same goods as the CN, but also an attack boost.
  • I placed an Aqueous mill, it gives a relatively nice amount of goods without overloading on the population. Also, it will probably eventually be replaced by settlement buildings.
  • I added the Dark Doorway. I don't need the pop, but I like the FP.
  • I added in 2 Cider Mills for more supply production. They are a whole lot better than the two blacksmiths I was using. I will probably end up switching them out for Sleigh Builders during the winder event for the increased goods production.
  • I added more barracks. This will let me fight more in GE :)
So where to go from here? I want to get rid of the Babel, get settlement buildings (eventually, but I still don't have enough time to devote to doing settlements on my TT consistently, meaning I don't get the time rewards, and I really want the timeless dojos. :() You might also notice I have lots of empty space (behind Dark Doorway, behind the Zeus). I hope to fill that space with the
Tactician's Towers, or another 1x1 if they make one for attacking troop defense
and just now a new 1x1 was datamined so we might be seeing attacking troop defense as well :) If it is I can just ignore the tact. towers then!
upload_2019-11-5_17-59-23.png

Last edited:

Praetorius

Alright. Big changes have come to my small town.
  • I deleted the Arc. While this gave me a small heart attack, I just couldn't justify the space that the building took up. If my TT had more FP production, I think the Arc would actually have been a good strategy. One possible way to go with the Arc would be to build an FP-based TT, getting the Cape early on and leveling it.
  • Back to the changes, I swapped out the Crow's Nest with the Abandoned Asylum, mainly because it gave the same goods as the CN, but also an attack boost.
  • I placed an Aqueous mill, it gives a relatively nice amount of goods without overloading on the population. Also, it will probably eventually be replaced by settlement buildings.
  • I added the Dark Doorway. I don't need the pop, but I like the FP.
  • I added in 2 Cider Mills for more supply production. They are a whole lot better than the two blacksmiths I was using. I will probably end up switching them out for Sleigh Builders during the winder event for the increased goods production.
  • I added more barracks. This will let me fight more in GE :)
So where to go from here? I want to get rid of the Babel, get settlement buildings (eventually, but I still don't have enough time to devote to doing settlements on my TT consistently, meaning I don't get the time rewards, and I really want the timeless dojos. :() You might also notice I have lots of empty space (behind Dark Doorway, behind the Zeus). I hope to fill that space with the
Tactician's Towers, or another 1x1 if they make one for attacking troop defense
View attachment 14337
The big prize in the upcoming winter event might be of interest to you. Even better the sleigh builder will be a daily prize in it at some point and there are few things that can compare in terms of goods production.

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

The big prize in the upcoming winter event might be of interest to you. Even better the sleigh builder will be a daily prize in it at some point and there are few things that can compare in terms of goods production.
IDK about the big prize, because it is quite big, and the output is ok, but the sleigh builders are a must for tiny towns

Last edited by a moderator:

ODragon

I've got LoA at L35 right now, which gives me 270% supply boost and 88 unrefined goods. I definitely need the boost because in higher ages like AF and OF coins and supply income actually becomes a concern (I always make sure to have a coin or supply boost from the tavern active for collection). I make about 450k supply a day but the tech costs for supplies are at 10Mil each now and it takes a while to rack up that much. The 1st tech supply cost in VF is 18 mill and it only goes up from there.

I guess my question was wondering, even with the 270% boost/88 goods if it was worth the space. I'm wondering if something like HC might be a better producer for the size (I realize it is slightly bigger). 450k supplies a day is level 17 and may give enough goods to make up for the difference that you lose from LoA. Plus, you'd still be getting the unboosted supplies from the buildings that are there.

Last edited:

Praetorius

I guess my question was wondering, even with the 270% boost/88 goods if it was worth the space. I'm wondering if something like HC might be a better producer for the size (I realize it is slightly bigger). 450k supplies a day is level 17 and may give enough goods to make up for the difference that you lose from LoA. Plus, you'd still be getting the unboosted supplies from the buildings that are there.
The problem is HC is a serious space hog. I'd have to get up more than just LoA to make room for it. And I really rather not give up a consistent source (or 2) of income to have to invest a lot of time and FP for a chance at more income.

Last edited:

ODragon

The problem is HC is a serious space hog. I'd have to get up more than just LoA to make room for it. And I really rather not give up a consistent source (or 2) of income to have to invest a lot of time and FP for a chance at at more income.

LoA = 16, HC = 36 so yeah, I can see that... where would that extra 20 come from...