• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

Praetorius

Silly query from a fan but not participant. Please forgive if it;s off topic. How have Settlements and GBG affected the process?
For our guild we basically just do enough in GBG and take one or two zones to qualify for the end of season reward and that's it. Oddly enough we've more wins than losses due to getting put with guilds that seem to want to do GBG even less than we do.

As for settlements, they are a big game changer. Obviously, the big prize buildings are golden for us and the dojo is a catch all barracks, but also important to remember are the emissaries. My town hall gives me an extra 4 goods, 2 units, 1 FP, and more income of coins(39k) and supplies(31k) everyday. Emissaries are almost as important as the big prize buildings. Settlements take a good deal of time but they definitely pay off.

Now that I've cleared both I'm back to doing the Viking 5 runs, which gives me 380k coins, 170k supplies, 25 goods and 5 FP for a minimum of effort per run.

DeletedUser34743

Viking 5 runs ... I haven't heard that. Is that just doing the beginning of the settlement and then restarting?

DeletedUser34743

Silly query from a fan but not participant. Please forgive if it;s off topic. How have Settlements and GBG affected the process?

For me, it's motivating me to push Zeus much more than Lighthouse, and possibly consider making room for a CdM. Since GE is only minimally productive without a Temple of Relics, there hasn't previously been much motivation for high attack strength. In my main city I get quite a few goods and FP from battlegrounds, and I'd like to start doing the same in the Tiny Town, but I need more attack.

Praetorius

"I never think of the future - it comes soon enough." ~ Albert Einstein
untitled1.png

Major update: Moved up to VF then went on a spent 3k footballs to give myself a headstart in the age and got a full L10 Olympic Treasury, another sleigh builder, and 7 L2 Sentinel Outposts (one is going to come from the league) after taking out a Tholos and the Winter Spire.

LoA - L36
Zeus - L38

Last edited:

Praetorius

"Mars is there, waiting to be reached." ~ Buzz Aldrin
untitled3.png

Big update: Finally reached SAM. No major changes in city layout, though. Gonna be in this age for a looooooong time. Mainly due to mars ore. I was in the Industrial map when they announced SAM and I've been pushing the map ever since and I only just reached VF1 a few days ago.

LoA - L50
Zeus- L48

Iroh the Tea Maker

"Mars is there, waiting to be reached." ~ Buzz Aldrin
untitled3.png

Big update: Finally reached SAM. No major changes in city layout, though. Gonna be in this age for a looooooong time. Mainly due to mars ore. I was in the Industrial map when they announced SAM and I've been pushing the map ever since and I only just reached VF1 a few days ago.

LoA - L50
Zeus- L48

one of the prettiest towns I have seen. Amazing work. Kinda inspired to start in a new world and try my hand at tinytown.

Praetorius

Not an update this time but a fun little aside to point out I'm actually having issues with COINS of all things right now. I'm down to under 6 million due advancing on the VF map and it costs 3 million per scout. And I've just reached VF3... I've even swapped out my cider mills for the Royal Bathhouse for more coins and units.
untitled.png

When was the last time you've heard of a city having problems with coin production in SAM?

UBERhelp1

Thanks. I don't know how to do that though.
There are a couple options. You can open the picture in a photo editor (I'd link some free online ones here, but forum rules are a thing), and crop the image or reduce the quality of the image, then upload the picture to the forum. Alternatively, you could upload the image to a media-sharing site and embed the image on the forum using the link (using the [img]insert link here[/img] tags).

Nicholas002

There are a couple options. You can open the picture in a photo editor (I'd link some free online ones here, but forum rules are a thing), and crop the image or reduce the quality of the image, then upload the picture to the forum. Alternatively, you could upload the image to a media-sharing site and embed the image on the forum using the link (using the
tags).
The easiest way to resize a photo is if you have windows, you just right click on the image in your file, and one of the options is "resize", and you just select the size you want it to be.

qaccy

Thanks. I don't know how to do that though. Let me try though. Yay. It worked. Here's my tiny one. Just started out.

That's not a tiny town though! Looks like what's just going to be a normal city for a new player. A 'tiny town' as far as this thread is concerned is basically one that doesn't use expansions.