• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

UBERhelp1

I'm getting industrial after the Fall Event! I got rid of a sleigh builder, the charcoal express, an Altar Garden, and some Sentinel Outposts. But it was worth it! Now I have the Golden Crops and a level 5 Art Exhibition (I'm working on getting more kits, but it's slow). Both the GC and AE give me supplies, so they'll come in handy. I also put some more levels on my GB.

My supply boost got raised to 378% and attack fell a little to 75%/38%. I'm also producing slightly less goods (251/day) and more FP (73/day). My Zeus is now at level 18, and the LoA level 25. The good news is that after months of struggling to get the same print for the LoA, I've now got a couple of each so I should be able to bring it up further easily.

With this design, I've decided to make my city more of a permanent design. I like the boosts and resources I'm getting, and I'm not sure if it will be worth throwing something out to put in a new building. I have less production buildings than before, and also less space to maneuver for events, so I think my main focus will be entirely on moving up in the ages by getting Renos and One Ups rather than new buildings.

gyrXC7T.png

67Sage101

Can you delete tiles? Or do you just have to build slowly with zero expansions. This is fascinating in so much as there are players that actually have the wherewithal to do this.

UBERhelp1

Can you delete tiles? Or do you just have to build slowly with zero expansions. This is fascinating in so much as there are players that actually have the wherewithal to do this.
Nope. You can only use the original 16x16 starting area. You can't delete expansions once placed, so placing one would technically disqualify you.

texanwolf999

I am considering doing the challenge, but I am not sure if I have enough time. Don't wanna get burned out and tehre is another city or two I kinda wanna start. Maybe I'll do it some time later. Anyway, here are some thoughts

Truce tower is thrid most effecient goods gb and the only one providing goods of current age. Futhermore, it provides supplies. However, it is pretty large. Galata is slightly more effecient then Truce and is significantly smaller. No supplies through

Another Gb that's considered bad taht might come in handy is the Flying Island. Even at level one you have aroudn 75% chance of getting a shard, assuming perfect collection and even common shards aren't bad for a smallville. Getting prints will be painful through

AFAIK you can get survailance nexus from a quest in early ages. With enough active aiding/self aid kits it can easily cover you happiness needs for quite a while.

With Bathhouse and Governors villa you might be able to do away with troops. ToR and Flying Island might help, assuming you build them

Praetorius

Update Time! (Long overdue)
Tinytown1.png

Swapped out the asylum and the treasury for the Celtic Farm and the L8 Sun Temple. Used some outposts to fill the gaps and had to place a couple decos to maintain happiness. The system castle also helps a lot too. (L6 - 11FP, 15 goods, 10 previous goods)

Got a few provinces in Venus done too.

Zeus L77
LoA L67
209%/153% army

Praetorius

"Calms appear, when Storms are past;
Love will have his Hour at last:
Nature is my kindly Care;
Mars destroys, and I repair;
Take me, take me, while you may,
Venus comes not ev'ry Day." ~ John Dryden

Untitled.png

At long last the move to Venus. Not sure what the hype is about... It's nothing but stifling overcast two months of the year and acid-rain the other ten.

Zeus L81
LoA L69
Army 223%/166%

This sounds like a complete waste of time and goods. How can you even enjoy the full spectrum of the game when having to keep your city so tiny limits you in everything you do. I mean ,there's no way you can complete GE, you probably will never go over 10-20 attrition in GBG that's if you don't run out of troops first and forget GVG. Other than wasting your time, what's the point in doing this? Too much time on your hands you don't know what to do with yourself?

Sharmon the Impaler

This sounds like a complete waste of time and goods. How can you even enjoy the full spectrum of the game when having to keep your city so tiny limits you in everything you do. I mean ,there's no way you can complete GE, you probably will never go over 10-20 attrition in GBG that's if you don't run out of troops first and forget GVG. Other than wasting your time, what's the point in doing this? Too much time on your hands you don't know what to do with yourself?
Maybe they have a life outside of FoE and they don't want to play GbG an hour or so a day. These little towns are adorable and I say good on them for getting what they want out of the game not what others want.

Pericles the Lion

I think that this is pretty cool. I cannot imagine the challenges a player would face aging up from SA to SAV with the limitation of no added expansions. Probably much like a 10,000 piece monochromatic jigsaw puzzle. Kudos!

DevaCat

If spending an hour doing GBG prevents you from having a life outside of FoE, you have serious issues.

How is throwing a bunch of garbage buildings together even a strategy, the dumbest human on Earth can come up with that without even thinking
You simply don’t know what you’re talking about. You think someone can build a tiny city of that age without any strategy or thinking? As to why people do these cities instead of playing the way you do, how do you know they don’t - with other cities? And as to why they bother, perhaps they want the challenge of doing it, having already become bored with doing things your way.

Get over yourself.

Sharmon the Impaler

You simply don’t know what you’re talking about. You think someone can build a tiny city of that age without any strategy or thinking? As to why people do these cities instead of playing the way you do, how do you know they don’t - with other cities? And as to why they bother, perhaps they want the challenge of doing it, having already become bored with doing things your way.

Get over yourself.
Dammit , no love button , only a like button :)