• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

In the original England thread, they used multiple Ziggurat which provides pop, coins, and its own happiness. Still, the pop from them seems a little low. As for the practicality of the Space Needle, I am years away from even being able to build it so, it's mostly an academic discussion for Future (Age) players.

I knew going into this that a Smallville would be very slow in ageing up, given the need to build up Coins and Supplies and the restraint on the numbers of C/S/G buildings. It's even harder what with the difficulty of low age trading on Parkog. This might be easier if V-World is ever released and there were plenty of people to trade BA/IA goods.

Thanks for the Gain X Pop "cheat". I knew about the similar Gain X Happy cheat but, I didn't know it worked with pop, too. I guess I won't be doing a major demolition/rebuild tonight.

DeletedUser9184

1. 1 day houses provide more population than you need, and would skyrocket happiness requirements as well.
More than you need? Take a look at this city:
index.php

There is 27 spaces of population. It takes at little more than 2 (ME) Suburban Houses to obtain the space for 2 ME goods buildings, which factors in nicely compared to the city image above. I would say you should value population the most right under goods.
2. This thread is definitely about small cities. :)
My mind has mainly been geared toward the SN in general, so my apologies there as it's definitely not as useless in this situation.
3. 2 ages worth of levelling, assuming you want to focus 100% on tech.
Yes, no point of going for other GBs other than Lighthouse as the return won't be worth it in the long run (there may be other GBs, but I'm too lazy to analyze them.)
4. In my list of other possible viable GBs, I did mention that most of them are probably not useful by the time you're easily able to obtain them. You didn't call out the Dynamic Tower even though that's far more expensive, did you? :p
I was explaining why another poster question Space Needle (and as I mentioned before, I was thinking of GBs in general as opposed to a small city), and hence was only focused on that. Dynamic Tower does seem more useful than a Space Needle still :p If you get it earlier than the FE, than it could help you obtain higher-age goods. If you get it in the FE, then it will help you gain FFAA goods once that age comes out and these goods are not dependent on boost meaning you don't have to rely on trading as much.
5. I think there's a decently-long list of event buildings that are better than GBs for producing virtually everything. I mean, you could probably fill your town with Wishing Wells and skip having Babel or the Lighthouse as well. :D
Wishing Well = 20 unrefined (UR) goods / 9 spaces = 2.222 UR goods per space (assuming it pumps out goods everyday).
Level 10 LoA = 38 UR goods / 16 spaces = 2.375 UR goods per space
In the original England thread, they used multiple Ziggurat which provides pop, coins, and its own happiness. Still, the pop from them seems a little low.
It's very close to the high-pop buildings of the same age, but the reason you want it is that it provides the happiness for the population, so comparing the extra spaces of happiness to keep your normal buildings happy, it majorly trumps them there.

Uitqmqv.jpg

I was quite lucky last night and scored two Wishing Wells and a Foeberge Shop from the Easter Event 2016. Afterwards, I pushed some tech and am now partway into Iron Age. I still have to unlock Legionnaires so I can fight on the Continent Map. I currently have two unboosted Lumber mills, as I cannot get anyone to trade Lumber.

Nearly doubling my population made my people angry so, I had to add decos beyond the happy bonus from Foeberge, which also produces a little more supplies then the Goat Farm does in a smaller footprint and a lower pop demand. I am hoping to get another Foeberge Shop later in the Event to replace the Goat Farm. The 2x6 empty space next to the Goat Farm is for the "Gain pop/happy" quests.

DeletedUser8152

I got one wishing well, thinking about trying for another, vs saving eggs to hope for rogue hideout or SoK. I think wishing wells will be pretty good for tiny town, and rogues aren't as good without an alcatraz. But they are still pretty good. Also not sure if SoKs are quite as good in Tiny Town since I don't know if FPs will be such a constraint. (Can't have many GBs, and always going to be fighting for goods.)

DeletedUser13452

Consider the Dresden possibly as an alternative to LoA or Babel. Of course, it will take longer to acquire it since it's higher up the ladder. But, goods and happy are big requirements here.
I also wonder if you even need a "goods" GB if you have a few ww's. One of the better "pop" GBs might serve better.

I got a SoK and another Foebegre. I think one SoK is good to have but, yeah, FPs should not be a problem as we'll only have a few GBs to feed in between tech ages. I added to the city but, I am holding off on replacing the Goat Farm or otherwise modify my city until the Easter and Gagrin events are over.

I believe you still need Goods GBs even with two Wishing Wells. WW are good but, like the 8-hour Treasure Hunt, as often as you get 50 Diamonds or the 10 Goods Pack, more often you get Coins, Supplies, or the extremely helpful Crate of Medals. This makes both WW and TH good but, very unreliable.

DeletedUser10415

rogues aren't as good without an alcatraz. But they are still pretty good.
Rogues are awesome with alcatraz, but yes - pretty darn good anyway. It wasn't a tiny town, but I made do with 3 rogue hideouts in my first city, all the way from Iron Age to near the end of PE, when I finally got an alcatraz. They're certainly very useful up to the point where the scale increases on the continent map.

WmVlDpN.jpg

Got the rest of my Great Buildings up and added the second Foeberge Shop. Taking out the 4 SA Memorials angered my people which explains all of the IA Monuments scattered through the city. When the Yuri Gagarin Event comes and goes, I'll add the Astronaut Statue and delete up to 11 Monuments. Maybe a few less to add back a house to cover my next set of barracks later this month.

The empty space next to Zeus is for a barrack. I tend to use 3 Heavy barracks to grind through the Continent Map.The space next to 3 Mons next to the Wishing Well is the dumping ground for "Gain Happiness/Population".

After the 2016 Yuri Gagarin Event...
vQ1hWxQ.jpg

I have finished Iron Age tech and placed my Legionnaires barracks, an Iron goods building and the PostModern Astronaut Statue from the Gagarin Event. The Astronaut Statue has allowed me to reduce the number of Iron age Monuments. The Great Buildings are leveling up nicely thanks to the help of my friend and the members of the Tiny Towners guild on Parkog. I still have room in the right corner to cycle Memorials and Huts for Gain X Happiness/Population quests.

Three months later...
huJU8PF.jpg

I have entered Late Middle Ages a few days ago. Besides the updated houses and barracks from HMA, the Soccer Cup Event 2016 has given me 2 Bleachers decorations which helps with +250 unmotivated Happy and the Witch Doctor that gives more supplies then the same-size Alchemist plus more Happy and coins (when motivated). The two Blacksmiths are there to deal with the 24-hour production 4 times delaying quests in the Soccer event.

The barracks will soon start getting bigger and thus more troublesome. I might be forced to rely on the Treasure Hunt and Guild Expeditions prizes to supply most of my fighting units while keeping just one barrack.

Nearing the end of LMA and preparing for the 2016 Summer Event...
PIsYkSI.jpg

Adding two Imperial Guard barracks eat up all of the new extra population I gained from the new Apartment Houses. This will probably be the last time I update barracks as Colonial Age barracks require so much pop that I would have to delete all of my goods and supply buildings just to pay for two CA barracks, after upgrading to Gambrel Roof houses. Obviously, that will no happen. As the EN server player, tuttiprize did, I'll probably drop the barracks once I get deep into CA tech and the IG start losing on the Continent Map to CA units and go with more goods buildings and rely on unattached units for limited GE fighting.

For now, I have 3 Blacksmiths, they along with the Alchemist, will deal with the nine 24-hour supply delay quests in the Summer Event. Following tutti's example, I am going to focus on winning Ziggurats For their higher population and the free Happy that comes with them. I see a few people in the guild using two Rogue Hideouts with success so, I may try to get two for myself to use after the IG becomes useless. And, of course, Reno Kits to upgrade the Zigs later. You may have noticed that my empty area for "Gain XXX Happiness/Population" quests is gone. Fortunately, the Summer Event only has one very small GxH/GxP quest. Good luck on your Summer Event.

DeletedUser8152

If we can make it to PME, champions and rogues should be enough for most battles. Especially with unattached units won in GE.

Getting there will be the hard part. The English player had to give up on battling for awhile. It may take a lot of buying sectors on the Continent map to unlock goods boosts until then.

After the 2016 Summer Event...
IQBh5Lu.jpg

I managed to acquire 3 Ziggurat, which will help greatly with keeping up with population needs. I failed to get any Rogue's Hideouts so, my Continent Map battling may have to be buy sector after sector as my army is only good for one or two battles per day.

On a happier note, I won 2 more Shrines of Knowledge, increased to 7 Reno Kits, and won a Champion's Retreat. These prizes will stay in Inventory with the the SoK (and two Wishing Wells) already there. The seven Reno Kits will allow me to age-up the Zigs twice and the Champ's Retreat, if I ever get to Contemporary Era.

I did win 2 higher age Witch Doctors to replace my earlier one and my Alchemist, and then won 2 Colonial Age Premium Perfume Distillery supply buildings, which provide even more Supplies then the new Witch Doctors did. Lastly, I won 4 of ColAge houses with max pop for the age. I put 2 of them to provide pop for my LMA Goods buildings.

Next up is the Elisabeth of Austria Event with the Aviary grand prize. It is obviously too big to put out so, it will sit in my Inventory. After that should be October's 2016 Halloween Event. I doubt I'll have any room for its prizes, either. Still, I'll try to win them.

DeletedUser26154

You can shrink an existing city down to 16x16 to qualify as a Smallville type.
No... God no... why on Earth would I want a tiny small patch of land to call my kingdom... I crave vast, rolling tracts of broad sunlit uplands. Pastures and parkways, factories and farms. Many houses and sprawling complexes. Concrete and steel mixed with trees and green fields.

16 by 16 is what I started with, it takes more Industrial space to process blubber and dung. There's no way I can downgrade the expanse of my peoples and their knowledgeable shrines. Mister Gambrel had a novel idea with roofs. The trio of Traveling Circus in town. I have to give your pocket-sized idea a double thumbs-down, though it's not without merit, it'd be a neat little challenge.

DeletedUser

I am just happy that I made it on to the forum. I am going to build an alcatraz in my little tiny town as soon as the fall quest is over. Can't wait.