• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

DeletedUser10415

I'm in partial agreement with you ITown. I agree with you on the wishing wells. They don't stay long even in my max-expanded arctic city. TOR hadn't occurred to me for tiny towns and is a great idea. Still, I think a tiny town could benefit from a temporary Alcatraz combined with a rogue hideout, and then having no other barracks in the town, collect around 400 unattached rogues, add a couple of barracks to get enough regular units to get through the first 2 stages of GE, and then sell both the barracks and Alcatraz and put up the TOR.

DeletedUser8152

My own feeling regarding Alcatraz is that it isn't really necessary, I get a good number of troops from GE and we're not planning on becoming a GvG power any time soon :) But wonderlust has one in her tiny city and likes it, so it's just a question of how you want to play it.

Praetorius

Agreed. I don't think Traz is really that necessary. I've been working fine using Babel, LoA,and Dresden for my goods needs and Zeus, a rogue hideout and a couple military camps for my battle needs. I prefer to play with a more balanced philosophy.
untitled2.jpg

ITown

I'm in partial agreement with you ITown. I agree with you on the wishing wells. They don't stay long even in my max-expanded arctic city. TOR hadn't occurred to me for tiny towns and is a great idea. Still, I think a tiny town could benefit from a temporary Alcatraz combined with a rogue hideout, and then having no other barracks in the town, collect around 400 unattached rogues, add a couple of barracks to get enough regular units to get through the first 2 stages of GE, and then sell both the barracks and Alcatraz and put up the TOR.

The way I see it, gold relics can give 10 rogues. As long as you play carefully you should be able to keep them from dying, and slowly build them up without having to delete GBs, spend goods, and spend FPs to get Traz to a point where it's useful.

DeletedUser27669

Py07N

https://imgur.com/gallery/Py07N (Direct Link)

(Can I not post a pic because I'm too new to the forums? @Praetorius or @jaelis , could you screen shot my city and post it?)

My tiny town with two Santa's Workshops. They are functioning as GB's for me, with the ability to produce whatever I need; Production or Supplies. And, they produce happiness, a nice bonus. I had a One Up and a Reno Kit to bring both of them up to HMA when I clicked over recently. (One was IA and one was EMA.) The Large Confectionary is also a great Production producer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Praetorius

Py07N

https://imgur.com/gallery/Py07N (Direct Link)

(Can I not post a pic because I'm too new to the forums? @Praetorius or @jaelis , could you screen shot my city and post it?)

My tiny town with two Santa's Workshops. They are functioning as GB's for me, with the ability to produce whatever I need; Production or Supplies. And, they produce happiness, a nice bonus. I had a One Up and a Reno Kit to bring both of them up to HMA when I clicked over recently. (One was IA and one was EMA.) The Large Confectionary is also a great Production producer.
bNZveeb.jpg

If you want to add an image, click on the IMAGE button in the middle of the chat box's tool bar then add the image location to the link box and click INSERT.

DeletedUser27669

@Praetorius , I tried that, no dice. I tried straight BBCoding it too, nada. I think it's that I don't have posting rights yet. Many forums have a post count you need to hit before they let you post pics.

Thanks for posting my town.

DeletedUser8152

You don't see the little button circled in red? And if you hit it you don't get the pop up shown?
screen.png

Jase249

I took the plunge and started my Tiny Town last night; I will apply to the guild probably tonight.

I was looking for something fun to do now that Winter Event is over. Should have started before it so I'd have a couple Rogue Hideouts. Doh!!

Praetorius

I took the plunge and started my Tiny Town last night; I will apply to the guild probably tonight.

I was looking for something fun to do now that Winter Event is over. Should have started before it so I'd have a couple Rogue Hideouts. Doh!!
I'd hold off on joining just yet. Going guild hopping for BP's would make getting GBs faster.

DeletedUser27669

Lets see if this works. See attached.

And, I agree with Praetorius, shop around the other bigger guilds for BP's. I joined the Tiny Town guild right away and it has severely limited my ability to gain BP's.

Attachments

• Forum Error.png
    Forum Error.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 19

DeletedUser8152

And, I agree with Praetorius, shop around the other bigger guilds for BP's. I joined the Tiny Town guild right away and it has severely limited my ability to gain BP's.
Certainly you're welcome to go on walkabout for a span :) We'll always leave a light on for you!

DeletedUser27669

Certainly you're welcome to go on walkabout for a span :) We'll always leave a light on for you!

You're too kind, Good Sir. No, I'm quite happy. I'm running 4 other cities on A, F, H & Q. I don't have time to go Guild surfing. ;)

Alcatraz - My battle style is not careful. It's go in strong with a good Attack/Defense advantage. Go in with 8 and come out with 5-6 survivors, replace and repeat. In Tiny Town, that is only good for 1 or 2 battles. The second problem is barracks get too big starting in the Progressive Era.

Rogue Hideouts - With a Traz, I clone about 120 over 3 weeks and then sell the Hideout and replace it with a barrack (or, I guess a goods building here). As such, I need multiples so I can put out a new one when my Rogues run low.

Wishing Wells - They are a valuable source of goods before the Modern Era. Then they are kind of useless.

Babel - My 3 Ziggurats are my main source of population and are enough to support barracks/goods/supplies by themselves. And like Wishing Wells, Babel's goods will be less useful in the Modern Era.

Imgur - Mars, the Direct Link Imgur gave up is a link to the webpage hosting the image which is useless here. You need to click on the upper right of the image to get the forum Share link that ends in .jpg. Also remove the .
part when you paste the link into the Insert pop-up that jaelis showed you.

Praetorius

Lets see if this works. See attached.

If you're really in need of BPs you could just find someone with the GB you're looking to build and dump FP into it for the BP prizes. It takes a while and a lot of FP that way but it does give results. That's how I had to get the set for LoA.

DeletedUser27669

Imgur - Mars, the Direct Link Imgur gave up is a link to the webpage hosting the image which is useless here. You need to click on the upper right of the image to get the forum Share link that ends in .jpg. Also remove the . part when you paste the link into the Insert pop-up that jaelis showed you.

Ah! Yes, now it all comes back to me. I haven't been on forums since I stopped playing Marvel Heroes Online a while back. Thank you.

DeletedUser28083

I just want to thank the OP for an interesting idea. I started my TinyTown last night after reading this thread and seeing the pics of what is possible. Mine is too brand new to be worth showing off but maybe one day.....