• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

Praetorius

The Art Exhibition is one of the best buildings in the game. They've already got all three Settlement prizes which are probably the only things definitively better.

IMO, there isn't enough space in a tiny town to really consider a military focus (if that's what you're implying). The only military bonuses I'd consider are the ones that don't really come at the expense of something else. Like Yggdrasil is still definitely worth having, but I wouldn't even look at something like a Checkmate Square or Winner's Plaza. I'd be looking at goods production primarily, possibly even moreso than FP.
The tricky thing about the Art Exhibit is getting all the pieces (weeks if not months of looking for it plus the hundreds of thousands in AD currency to actually get it). And it only starts to become worth putting down at level 5.

As for military, that's why buildings like the Charcoal Express, Abandoned Asylum, and Hippodrome Carceres are invaluable; you get army bonuses along with considerable goods and FP (plus coin and supply). I'll be adding the Governor's Villa after the Summer Event for the goods, unit income, and ATK%.

ODragon

At what point does the LoA go away? It seems like the CdM, while a little bigger, makes more sense than the LoA + tower that you have.

Praetorius

At what point does the LoA go away? It seems like the CdM, while a little bigger, makes more sense than the LoA + tower that you have.
I need the supplies boost it gives. The escalating costs in the higher ages are really straining my coins and supplies. Without LoA, it would take several times longer to build them up and I already have the tavern working nonstop boosting coins.

Nicholas002

I need the supplies boost it gives. The escalating costs in the higher ages are really straining my coins and supplies. Without LoA, it would take several times longer to build them up and I already have the tavern working nonstop boosting coins.
What if you store some stuff, build himeji temporarily and delete it when you have enough supplies to finish the tech tree?

ODragon

How many buildings are giving supplies that makes it worth it? I know himeji is bigger which is why I didn't suggest it but its supplies could be a really nice boost.

Rhyyss

The Art Exhibition is one of the best buildings in the game. They've already got all three Settlement prizes which are probably the only things definitively better.

IMO, there isn't enough space in a tiny town to really consider a military focus (if that's what you're implying). The only military bonuses I'd consider are the ones that don't really come at the expense of something else...
I agree, there's not enough room for a military focus. I've kept my Zeus, because it's comparatively small, but that's the only building I have kept for it's military bonus.

Good production does seem to be the critical path. I've got a Abandoned Asylum and am working on a Governor's Villa, but this will probably be the last event building I'll be able to pull off.

Praetorius

How many buildings are giving supplies that makes it worth it? I know himeji is bigger which is why I didn't suggest it but its supplies could be a really nice boost.
My level 57 LoA currently gives me 380% more supplies per production which gives me an extra 439,774 in supplies per day (assuming I only do 24-hour collections) which is on par with a level 15 HC in terms of supplies. HC would give more in supplies than LoA but I'd be cutting into my coin, FP, and goods production to fit it in, I have to consider all of my resources since I'm much more limited in all of them.

Baba Jaga

Maybe Truce Tower can handle it?

Nicholas002

Agree, if we are talk about a traditional SAAB city.
Smallville and Tiny Town is first and foremost "thinking outside of the box", where everything we know, needs to be defined in 16x16 perspective.
You can think outside the box all you want, but what you build still has to make sense. It’s actually about thinking inside the box: the 16x16 box. Because of the limited space, efficiency is the #1 priority. A truce tower in SAM is EXTREMELY inefficient.

emmagirl2

You can think outside the box all you want, but what you build still has to make sense. It’s actually about thinking inside the box: the 16x16 box. Because of the limited space, efficiency is the #1 priority. A truce tower in SAM is EXTREMELY inefficient.
Where will I have an tiny town

Farfle the smelly

So you’re basically the lone player who really appreciates winning those coin/supply boosts that fill the events then? I knew there was a reason they were in there! ;)

ODragon

Out of curiosity, what's the point of aging up a tiny town? Seems like it would be much easier to maximize in IA.

Praetorius

Out of curiosity, what's the point of aging up a tiny town? Seems like it would be much easier to maximize in IA.
The point of the Tiny Town challenge is just that; a challenge.

Yes, it gets a great deal harder due to the limited space and doubly so with the higher demands from the higher ages. but I do it to show I can still press on and to differentiate myself from the rest of the players by playing in this fashion.