• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

Over on the EN forums, they have a Competition thread about having a city with NO expansions here. Below is an example.

Screenshot_1.jpg

This city is less then an hour old but, I'll keep it this size for awhile. This no expansion type is a "Smallville" or "Tiny Town". I am doing this on Parkog. You are welcome to try this out. Someone in the Tiny Towners guild on Parkog has gotten all the way to Space Age Asteroid Belt age.

Give it a try. It's best to start before a Major Event as there are Event-only building that are helpful in this small space. You can shrink an existing city down to 16x16 to qualify as a Smallville type.

Last edited:

DeletedUser24821

Sure I'll come on Parkog. Any rules or such? Just 16x16 Squares?

DeletedUser24821

Best I could do. Then -6 is countered by a longhouse that all together provides available population at +2. This below provides an excess of 116 happiness beyond enthusiasm. I can't see a way to reduce excess happiness, increase population just to decrease it for supplies productivity whilst keeping a sufficient coiners per/hr productivity. Chalets provide additional population with a significant reduction in coin productivity, thus isn't an efficient. This is the best I can do, so enjoy!

Surely there are other options, but I chose for 2 goods production with 2 military structures, and the 4 potteries and 3 blacksmiths. I'm sure there are other efficient puzzles that give you other structures that you want.

6PYz6k3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This idea seems extremely cool. I wish I was able to actually try this out, but even logging in on three worlds seems like a bit much sometimes :(

From what I am experiencing and what others have said on the EN server, this world is not a lot of work or time. I have created the "Smallville Guild" on Parkog for this.

NLYXR8j.jpg

Nearing the end of Bronze Age. I am going to research Architecture to unlock GB donations and enter the Iron Age and then stop tech and start the long, long grind to build up Coins, Supplies, and Goods. I may hold the city like this for the next 2 months. (I did say it would be a long, long grind.)

The empty space is for Zeus. The 4 Memorials are holding the space for the Lighthouse. The Sundial is from my 3-day Leap Day Event. Current score is 900.

DeletedUser10415

NLYXR8j.jpg

Nearing the end of Bronze Age. I am going to research Architecture to unlock GB donations and enter the Iron Age and then stop tech and start the long, long grind to build up Coins, Supplies, and Goods. I may hold the city like this for the next 2 months. (I did say it would be a long, long grind.)

The empty space is for Zeus. The 4 Memorials are holding the space for the Lighthouse. The Sundial is from my 3-day Leap Day Event. Current score is 900.

I'd be replacing those potteries and fruit farm with blacksmiths to get more recurring quests done, which alone can build up coin, supplies, and goods fairly well. The shift to Iron Age makes doing supply recurring quests a lot more difficult, since farms and even butchers are much larger.

qaccy

I'd be replacing those potteries and fruit farm with blacksmiths to get more recurring quests done, which alone can build up coin, supplies, and goods fairly well. The shift to Iron Age makes doing supply recurring quests a lot more difficult, since farms and even butchers are much larger.

I'm wondering how feasible recurring quests would be, though. With such limited space, that does lengthen the amount of time required to get the quests done...time that he probably doesn't have, as he's nearing the end of the Bronze tree and without a GB of his own, the jump up to Iron will be necessary (this may be the reason why he's doing it, in fact) in order to not throw away potentially hundreds of FP due to having nothing to invest in.

DeletedUser10415

I would think getting a Tower of Babel would be essential for a tiny town, and doing nothing but BA recurring quests is going to get those BA prints fairly quickly. Then once you've got a GB, you can dump the daily FP into it.

qaccy

Would it still be 'fairly quickly' even with the reduced space, though? Even just by the end of Bronze, you'd be missing out on 5-7 expansions on average...that's a lot of space when it comes to things like huts and blacksmiths. My thinking is that with less space, you would take longer to complete quests, which would make it more likely that you'd end up wasting FP unless you just got really really lucky with obtaining BPs.

qaccy

I'll get back to you on that.

I'll get back to myself! Since reading this thread, I went ahead and made one of these cities myself...now at the end of the Bronze tree/ready to jump up to Iron, and I'm able to fit 14 blacksmiths along with 23 huts and the 'free' longhouse, with enough decos to maintain enthusiasm without polish. The huts give me enough coins (along with vigorous collection) to complete the coin gathering quest in right around an hour, and 14 blacksmiths is enough to complete the 24h quest for them 7 times in one cycle. I'm not gonna bother playing around in the simulator to see how many more of each I'd be able to fit with expansion usage, but with an hourly turnover on the coin gathering I guess repeatable farming isn't too bad!

Well, I stepped into Iron Age with Architecture to farm GB Blueprints instead of just throwing away 20+ FPs a day. Plus, I get to "force" the BP type by contributing to a Zeus or Lighthouse instead of relying on luck and hoping my Random Reward is a blueprint and not a Colosseum or Babel BP. Lighthouse is better then a Babel because a Babel gives you population that needs to be made 120% happy to boost collections whereas the Lighthouse gives a nice boosts to Supply collection. With 40 boosted collections and only 3 Supply buildings almost, if not all, supply collections will be boosted. Additionally, the Lighthouse gives 8 goods while Babel only gives 6 goods at Level 1.

Being limited to just 2 goods buildings, the Lighthouse and Treasure Hunt can feed me IA Goods that I can trade down for double BA goods. Once I push the Lighthouse to Level 3, I'll get +75% to supplies and 10 IA goods I can trade down to 20 BA gods per day instead of just getting 6-8 BA Goods from Babel per day.

Yes. Like I said earlier, someone has gotten their city to PostModern Era.

A week later and I am seeing that I'll need the Lighthouse's boost as my Supply collections are not keeping up with my Coin collections. I am having a hard time getting anyone to take my trades, too. I cannot get Lumber and no one wants my Marble.

DeletedUser10415

I am having a hard time getting anyone to take my trades, too. I cannot get Lumber and no one wants my Marble.

This is one of the reasons I cannot imagine a tiny town without a Tower of Babel as well as a Lighthouse. You score the ToB and find the goods to build it and you will eventually have the goods to build the Lighthouse and anything else up to the point refined goods are required. Too, the space-saving in terms of housing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20367

This is one of the reasons I cannot imagine a tiny town without a Tower of Babel as well as a Lighthouse. You score the ToB and find the goods to build it and you will eventually have the goods to build the Lighthouse and anything else up to the point reined goods are required. Too, the space-saving in terms of housing.

True, level the ToB to get the extra population with no more space used and get extra goods too.

DeletedUser15042

You could theoretically do this with no goods buildings. No sure what world you started in, but if you are in a world with older players, find someone in FE. Offer them a generous trade for 50 Future Goods. Say 1:1 FP for goods, trade down 50 future goods and you can have 1248 EMA goods or 2496 Iron goods. All for 2 days worth of FPs. You would have zero need for Iron goods buildings and could focus on stock piling supplies.

DeletedUser10415

Yeah, but trading down all that way would be difficult unless you're in a nice big guild spanning the ages that can fill those trades, and I can't imagine many guilds like that which would be very enthusiastic about having tiny town members.