• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sniping guide for new and intermediate players

KingJMobile

Fun fact: The sniping formula is:

S=(L+E)/2 iff L>E and TR>S

where
S = FP needed to secure a position rounded up to an integer.
L = Remaining FPs until the GB levels. (Can be found easily by entering the largest number on the top right of the GB*).
E = Existing FPs on the position you want to snipe (If you are needing to overtake someone).
R = The base reward for the position
T= Threshold (1+Arc Boost/100).

*Only works if you have more FP in stock than the remaining FPs on the GB before it levels. It can also be calculated by total FPs to level minus the total contributed FPs.

Last edited:

Sledgie

Fun fact: The sniping formula is:

S=(L+E)/2 iff L>E and 1.9R>S

where
S = FP needed to secure a position rounded up to an integer.
L = Remaining FPs until the GB levels. (Can be found easily by entering the largest number on the top right of the GB*).
E = Existing FPs on the position you want to snipe (If you are needing to overtake someone).
R = The Reward.

*Only works if you have more FP in stock than the remaining FPs on the GB before it levels. It can also be calculated by total FPs to level minus the total contributed FPs.
The sniping threshold may be lower than 1.9 depending on your Arc level. I would change the last if to TR>S where T=Threshold. Your threshold will depend on a combination of factors including your FP bank and your Arc level. If your Arc is lower than 80, 1.9 is a loss for you. On the other hand, someone like me with a 140 Arc can snipe profitably above 1.9.

Xenosaur

The Math of SNIPING a GB...

So I’m cruising along in the hood today, and came across a CAPE in process at level 29 working on level 30.

This is what I saw.

Cape 29 > 30 1039/1442

Slot 1: 610 (365 base FP)
Slot 2: 200 (185 base FP)
Slot 3: 184 (60 base FP)
Slot 4: 20 (15 base FP)
Slot 5: 20 (5 base FP)
Slot 6: 5

Hmmm. This looks interesting, right?

If you say no... then keep reading and see why it is...

Let’s demonstrate the processes used to determine if there is something here I can capitalize on. Assume just for the exercise that I have a level 80 Arc, with a 90% boost.

C O A R S E Filtering step:

Quickly determine how much is left to level and what “wiggle” room I have to safely SQUEEZE into a spot ABOVE someone else. Remember, swap stacks are prime targets for stuff like this.

What’s left: CAPE Level - Invested total = 1442 - 1039 = 403 FP

Looks promising. Can’t take SLOT 1, but might be able to take SLOT 2. Let’s refine the math.

F I N E Filtering step:

1442 - 1039 = 403 in total left on the Cape

1) 403/2 = 201.5

Next, divide the FP already invested by the person in SLOT 2 (who I want to snipe) by 2.

2) 200/2 = 100

Add 1 + 2 = 201.5 + 100 = 301.5

Round ANY fractions up: 302 ---> 302 is the AMOUNT of my snipe FP investment.

Next question: Can I make a profit from the snipe? If so, what do I make?

Base FP of SLOT 2: 185.

My level 80 ARC would return: 185 * 1.9 = 352

I paid: 302 --> This Cape snipe would produce a 50 FP gain when it levels.

Next “math geeky” optional analysis:

302/185 = 1.63% boost as the snipe investment, and of course, a 1.9% boosted return.

I have a winner here. I inject 302 FP and take the snipe.

Let’s double CHECK MY MATH before I leave the opportunity!! Did I do it right?

Review the NEW stack of investors (including me)

Cape 29 > 30 1341/1442

Slot 1: 610 (365 base FP)
Slot 2: 302 (185 base FP) <— me
Slot 3: 200 (60 base FP)
Slot 4: 184 (15 base FP)
Slot 5: 20 (5 base FP)
Slot 6: 20
Slot 7: 5

Let’s check what’s NOW left on the Cape if someone wanted to level it:

1442-1341 = 101

Who’s right underneath me? That same person with 200! What could they try to do? Snipe me right back by leveling it. Will that work?

They might try to take their old total (200) and ADD what’s left to level (101)

200 + 101 = 301

Is that enough to snipe me back and overtake me?

What do I have: 302

Nope: 302 wins over 301.

Another fun day in the hood...

KingJMobile

The sniping threshold may be lower than 1.9 depending on your Arc level. I would change the last if to TR>S where T=Threshold. Your threshold will depend on a combination of factors including your FP bank and your Arc level. If your Arc is lower than 80, 1.9 is a loss for you. On the other hand, someone like me with a 140 Arc can snipe profitably above 1.9.
Okay then, I will fix that.

MKPapa

I have noticed that in new cities at low age, there are many players that self-level and more often than not are thankful for the fp and help leveling their gb. In those cases you get to snipe and help with no moral dead ends. Beyond the lower ages I find too few snipes to make the time looking better spent doing other things (completing GE, rebuilding city to make more fp/day, etc.)

I witnessed a player from a top guild (#2 in my well established world) who camps in a low era with Arc lvl 90, and snipes sweet spot GBs in his neighborhood for living.
I would not trust this person a dime in real life.
I wish some smart person created an anti-sniping guide for new players.

Ebeondi Asi

To be able to knockoff a particular player may be well worth it.
From enemy Guilds yes. Someone who snipes other yes.
I knoock off players not in my Guild who did not ask politely, if I can. Plenty of them are just tossing Fps on anything they might want, without asking.