• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sniping Progress

Farfle the smelly

Honestly that's not a bad idea. I love it when I have a fellow sniper in the hood, I'll key them in on some hits, usually that compels the owner to level faster (not always though lol) since they see their GB as being most of the way there.

Best is when a fellow sniper is a guildmate though, sadly no one loves TE as much as me so it's been a while since I've had that.
Love the name, btw.

It also a wonderful way for young guildies to build up their FP inventory so they can actually afford arc prints and help their guild. I’m trying to teach other young guildies in one of my cities since it’s how I got my Arc so fast. I don’t think my math explanation is making sense to them quite yet but they’ll get there.

Farfle the smelly

I have a question to my fellow snipers.

If we see a friend who isn’t sniping, but contributing to a neighbor’s GB in your hood, is it allowable to snipe that GB? I get a squicky feeling about it, but technically our friend should have sniped and didn’t. Assume they’re not in a guild together. Or at least they’re not at the time that you come across the GB. I can’t know whether THEY are friends are not, and I’m not sure how far that loyalty should go - do I avoid buildings that all friends and guildies are ‘working’?

I’m thinking it’s a no-no but I haven’t seen it explicitly listed. I’ve got a few GB that are ripe for sniping and I haven’t touched them for fear that I’m breaking a hidden cultural rule.

WildOdd

If we see a friend who isn’t sniping, but contributing to a neighbor’s GB in your hood, is it allowable to snipe that GB? I get a squicky feeling about it, but technically our friend should have sniped and didn’t. Assume they’re not in a guild together. Or at least they’re not at the time that you come across the GB. I can’t know whether THEY are friends are not, and I’m not sure how far that loyalty should go - do I avoid buildings that all friends and guildies are ‘working’?

I’m thinking it’s a no-no but I haven’t seen it explicitly listed. I’ve got a few GB that are ripe for sniping and I haven’t touched them for fear that I’m breaking a hidden cultural rule.
I'd snipe them. There are multiple snipers in my hood, and my thought process behind it is if I don't get to it, someone else will, so I might as well be the one to do it. Maybe that makes me cruel. The friend is probably on a swap thread and isn't looking to snipe the building, just trying to dump FPs to get some back on their GBs. I will snipe friends who use swap threads, I will try to keep away from those who use 1.8 and 1.9, and if I make a mistake I'll try to compensate.

Graviton

I pay zero attention to whom else is contributing to a neighbor's GB. If it's a neighbor's GB, it's snipeable.

DeletedUser27301

Love the name, btw.

It also a wonderful way for young guildies to build up their FP inventory so they can actually afford arc prints and help their guild. I’m trying to teach other young guildies in one of my cities since it’s how I got my Arc so fast. I don’t think my math explanation is making sense to them quite yet but they’ll get there.

Thank you! And agreed, it's a great way to build up an FP bank.

Honestly there are a lot of players that don't mind being "sniped" too. This is usually the casual players, self-levelers I'm talking about, usually at the bottom of the hood. I've lost count of the number of times they've added me as a friend when the hood changes or when they give FP to some of my buildings in return because in their eyes, I helped.

If someone asks me to up to 1.9, I always do if they ask nicely...or aren't in a rival guild LOL

ffblackice

I am actually asking the owner, what happen on his Arc, why someone put 5800 FPs on his Arc, I think those FP weren't there this morning, as I kept checking through my hoods/friends 2 times every day, I think all the effort pays off.

WinnerGR

I have started small sniping ( very small ) recently and its amazed me how profitable it is.
I have a very low ark bonus ( 17% ) and still its so profitable so I am just thinking when I have an L80 ark how profitable a small snipe will be.
So be exact I started sniping three days ago and since then have made five or six snipes here on US with a total profit of app. 50FP ( and all the BPs and Medals but thats not what snipings about to me) .

The tacktics I am finding good for my very small sniping is targetting OoDs . I know they where re-balanced when the ark came out but they are still a great place to do my very small snipes to start with . So what I do is I go to the very bottom of my hood and find somone self levelling an OoD . Its currently level 4 with 200/210 progress . P1 is taken . P2 has 15 FP reward. All I need to do is drop on 5FP to lock P2 and I have a free 10 FP coming my way + 24 BPs and Medals and thats before I add on the ark bonus...

Very profitable wish I have learnt about this concept early on in the game . I think I am gonna start doing some bigger snipes now.

UPDATE : Hope this wasn't a too bigger jump or a waste of my FPs but I am looking at P5 on a Cape , this isn't a self leveler and the FP reward is 5FP + ark bounus = 6FP . It isn't a self leveler but is very close to levelling and I think they have been rush levelling it recently . I don't plan to lock P5 as I am rather oncfident that I can get this levelled within 24h without outting mor ethan 1FP on.

UPDATE : What on earth was I thinking ? Of course thats not worth it. Maybe I should keep on with very small snipes where I don't get the maths wrong ( its not that I can't do maths , its just I got which numbers to calc and stuff mixed up and ...... ).

UPDATE : OK , I have checked all the maths and worked out a good snipe ( still rather small thought ) :
Traz ~~L14-L15~~854/940~~prodmnetly self leveler , looks like there rush levelling it~~P4 reward with ark bornus is 6FP~~lock cost would be 42FP but I think its gonna level very soon .
I think thats worth it but there is more risk than when I did the small snipes.
Trying to work out wether its worth it too buy 9FP to get to P3 for the 29FP reward and smaller chance of getting overtaken.

UPDATE : Of course its worth it duh becuase it also means that if I get overtaken I only loose 5FPs . Lets go for this WinnerGR

Last edited:

Farfle the smelly

I make a wonderful living off of young oracles. Probably 2-4 a day. Never underestimate the oracles/small fries. Also, when you snipe them their owners don’t turn around and plunder you for sniping. Win-win.

-Sebastian-

I make a wonderful living off of young oracles. Probably 2-4 a day. Never underestimate the oracles/small fries. Also, when you snipe them their owners don’t turn around and plunder you for sniping. Win-win.

The downside of sniping new players' OoDs is that there's a risk that the player goes inactive, or deletes their city. :-/ I remember when I started out, it was in the middle of a Carnival neighborhood that lasted 4 weeks. By the end, my hood only had 13 cities left in it.

Nicholas002

I have started small sniping ( very small ) recently and its amazed me how profitable it is.
I have a very low ark bonus ( 17% ) and still its so profitable so I am just thinking when I have an L80 ark how profitable a small snipe will be.
So be exact I started sniping three days ago and since then have made five or six snipes here on US with a total profit of app. 50FP ( and all the BPs and Medals but thats not what snipings about to me) .

The tacktics I am finding good for my very small sniping is targetting OoDs . I know they where re-balanced when the ark came out but they are still a great place to do my very small snipes to start with . So what I do is I go to the very bottom of my hood and find somone self levelling an OoD . Its currently level 4 with 200/210 progress . P1 is taken . P2 has 15 FP reward. All I need to do is drop on 5FP to lock P2 and I have a free 10 FP coming my way + 24 BPs and Medals and thats before I add on the ark bonus...

Very profitable wish I have learnt about this concept early on in the game . I think I am gonna start doing some bigger snipes now.

UPDATE : Hope this wasn't a too bigger jump or a waste of my FPs but I am looking at P5 on a Cape , this isn't a self leveler and the FP reward is 5FP + ark bounus = 6FP . It isn't a self leveler but is very close to levelling and I think they have been rush levelling it recently . I don't plan to lock P5 as I am rather oncfident that I can get this levelled within 24h without outting mor ethan 1FP on.

UPDATE : What on earth was I thinking ? Of course thats not worth it. Maybe I should keep on with very small snipes where I don't get the maths wrong ( its not that I can't do maths , its just I got which numbers to calc and stuff mixed up and ...... ).

UPDATE : OK , I have checked all the maths and worked out a good snipe ( still rather small thought ) :
Traz ~~L14-L15~~854/940~~prodmnetly self leveler , looks like there rush levelling it~~P4 reward with ark bornus is 6FP~~lock cost would be 42FP but I think its gonna level very soon .
I think thats worth it but there is more risk than when I did the small snipes.
Trying to work out wether its worth it too buy 9FP to get to P3 for the 29FP reward and smaller chance of getting overtaken.

UPDATE : Of course its worth it duh becuase it also means that if I get overtaken I only loose 5FPs . Lets go for this WinnerGR
please keep us updated on your train(wreck) of thought :rolleyes:

You mean you have been playing for this long, and you only just now started to snipe :eek::eek::eek:

Emberguard

If we see a friend who isn’t sniping, but contributing to a neighbor’s GB in your hood, is it allowable to snipe that GB?
Yes.

Sorry but I’m not going to keep track of who’s on my friends list currently and who has ever been in my guild at some point in time. If I have to avoid 140 friends + 80 guild members in my neighbourhood and they also each have 140 friends then you would need (140 x 140) + (80 x 140) = 30,800 contribution spots / 5 = 6,160 unique GBs or unique players with no overlap.

It’s just an unrealistic expectation to never be competing for the same spots outside of your actual guild