• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sniping Progress

DeletedUser15539

I admit it. I'm a sniper.

If you are a contributor to a GB and you get sniped, that means you didn't bother to do the math and you didn't bother to get locked in. Is that really so hard to do? And if your argument is that you didn't have enough fp to get locked in, getting sniped isn't going to make that any better.

If you are the owner of a GB, and a sniper is able to lock in a spot for less than 190%, that usually means you put down too many FP, and got your own building into the snipable zone. Do the math, and stop putting down your own fp just short of where a sniper can make a profit. The exception is what happens after you post the GB to your 190% group, and before all the spots are filled. But seriously, what percent of snipes happens during this case?

Preventing being sniped is similar to preventing being plundered. Accept responsibility, do the math / collect on time, and unfortunate incidents will be few.

Salsuero

If you are a contributor to a GB and you get sniped, that means you didn't bother to do the math and you didn't bother to get locked in. Is that really so hard to do?

I have no sympathy for your victims, but there are other reasons besides not being good at math and not having enough FPs. Some players slow crawl their donations to only use contribution and some might get sniped while slowly donating due to the recurring quest for donating FPs. There are probably other reasons too. My point is that it's not just people who don't know they've left themselves vulnerable or people who shouldn't be donating because they're too broke to do so who get sniped.

If you are the owner of a GB, and a sniper is able to lock in a spot for less than 190%, that usually means you put down too many FP, and got your own building into the snipable zone. Do the math, and stop putting down your own fp just short of where a sniper can make a profit. The exception is what happens after you post the GB to your 190% group, and before all the spots are filled. But seriously, what percent of snipes happens during this case?

I can't give you an answer to that in terms of an exact figure, but I have had it happen because of hoodies who want to drop some random amount of FPs thinking it'll win them a spot at some point. Multiple donors from the hood are quite often the reason GBs become sniper fodder. But... I would also suspect that to be less of an issue with guilds that have members that are active donors at all hours of the day/night. If there isn't a lot of time between posting it and getting the spot(s) filled, there isn't much time for hoodies to screw things up. I still think you're a bit overzealous in pointing the finger at poor math skills, though there is plenty of that in this game.

DeletedUser36572

Player 1:
“I just don’t understand people like you with an entitled attitude that go around sniping Great Buildings”

Player 2:
“Perhaps I can assist you in your understanding ...
Being entitled to the points/medals/prints a player pays for, is not an attitude, it’s a fact.

Good Luck In Your Endeavors
Have A Lovely Day”

Bruadhin

Best moment in Forging for me so far. Get a message from a friend's guildie, asking why I took such a big loss on the friend's Deal. I keep looking at the numbers, trying to figure out if I messed up. None, all good.

I message back and let him know I took a profit. He keeps insisting it is a loss. He is basically ignoring the Arc bonus. So I finally look at the city of this OF player and guess what...

No Arc! Not only does he not have an Arc, he is apparently clueless as to how it works.

I think it will be a long time before something tops this.

DeletedUser14972

I really think that the sniping is getting out of hand. Some powerful players have Arc's in the hundreds and are taking all the opportunities from junior players. I would really like to see a proposal for a change in the game where friends and guild mates can add to your Great Buildings but that someone who is "just in the neighborhood" would not be allowed. Want the opportunity to add points to my GB's just ask to be my friend. Abuse that friendship and I have the opportunity to un-friend. The power of the high level Arc's have gotten out of hand!

RazorbackPirate

I really think that the sniping is getting out of hand. Some powerful players have Arc's in the hundreds and are taking all the opportunities from junior players. I would really like to see a proposal for a change in the game where friends and guild mates can add to your Great Buildings but that someone who is "just in the neighborhood" would not be allowed. Want the opportunity to add points to my GB's just ask to be my friend. Abuse that friendship and I have the opportunity to un-friend. The power of the high level Arc's have gotten out of hand!
If you're getting sniped, it's your fault for letting your GB get into a snipeable position. Low level GBs on swap threads are always vulnerable, but that happened to me so infrequently it didn't concern me. Since I stopped using swaps and started using 1.9 threads, it also happens so infrequently it doesn't concern me.

If sniping is getting out of hand, you're consistently doing something wrong.

The proposal you propose has been proposed, and shot down, many times before. Don't ask Inno to fix problems you not only create, but you can also easily avoid.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Ummm, No.

Junior players aren't generally in the same neighborhood with players with 100+ Arcs, and if they are they likely rushed the ages, which is on them.

Those like me who are camped in low ages in some cities, rarely snipe the hood because they really don't have anything to offer that can't be gotten elsewhere easier.

UBERhelp1

Hate to say it, but "Arcs in the hundreds" aren't that powerful. The level increases so slowly. And past 180... nothing happens.

RazorbackPirate

The highest Arc in one guild I'm in is level 171. Sounds impressive until you realize that those HUGELY expensive 91 extra levels give him just 9.1% higher boost. Level 172 will require 52,971 FPs to level. Even with 90% contributions, the owner cost is 41,693 FPs.

DeletedUser36572

Uh .... No.

If you can attack/plunder someone’s city, you can most certainly take advantage of investment opportunities their Great Buildings may offer.

We are Forging Empires Here ... Not Making Daisy Chains

DeletedUser30312

When you got a big Arc, you don't go trolling around for little GBs anyway, there's isn't enough return on them to make it worth it. You go for the other big GBs to get the big payouts. The little guys are best off joining a guild with people actively trading smaller GBs on swap threads to get that initial set of prints. It's a little slower, but then a lower player can't compete on GBs that require hundreds or even a thousand or so FP to lock a spot.

The Lady Redneck

Why complain?!?!?!? This is free FPs (Sometimes of considerable amount) we are talking about here nd you do not have to give any back in return. If you want to snipe mine please feel free. I have some really nice snipers on some of mine. Without them my GBs would take ages to level. They take the top 1 or 2 spots which leaves the rest for guildies or friends who do not have huge amounts of FPs coming in. Any that I have on leveling threads, I take care not to open until those taking the top spots are there anr ready to load it. One example is an Arc I have in one world. A Sniper first hit it putting up half of the total. when it was level 25. Another cut in at level 30 with half of the remainder. I do the rest on the guild threads. My Arc is now level 53 and is going up at roughly 2 levels a week. I have recently started thanking my #1 sniper by putting FPs on one of their high level GBs that I need the BPs for but not that is actively being levelled. They allow it to sit there until I have the 2nd or 3rd spot then put it on their guild threads. So Sniping is a win win game for me.

I’m playing in 2 worlds, and in one guild I’m in people are very cutthroat and snipe and post their GBs in every swap thread multiple times. In the other they are all very polite and stick to the no sniping etiquette, and guess what? Nobody gets ahead because if someone adds 5 FPs everyone else is afraid to go above that. So I’ve learned to actually prefer the cutthroat rude savage greedy players, as disgusting as it can be sometimes. Although I do think it’s not cool to post your GB in every swap thread, when people who can only swap 2 FPs are getting shafted if you’re also posting your GB in a 100 FP swap thread.

DeletedUser36572

I’m playing in 2 worlds, and in one guild I’m in people are very cutthroat and snipe and post their GBs in every swap thread multiple times. In the other they are all very polite and stick to the no sniping etiquette, and guess what? Nobody gets ahead because if someone adds 5 FPs everyone else is afraid to go above that. So I’ve learned to actually prefer the cutthroat rude savage greedy players, as disgusting as it can be sometimes. Although I do think it’s not cool to post your GB in every swap thread, when people who can only swap 2 FPs are getting shafted if you’re also posting your GB in a 100 FP swap thread.

It is questionable who is responsible for the shafting ... Or who is simply taking the initiative to bend over.

Active and effective Swap Threads tend to produce better results than waiting 3 months to level your building, while someone donating 2 Forge Points, covers the distance necessary to get at least the 5th reward spot.

It is questionable who is responsible for the shafting ... Or who is simply taking the initiative to bend over.

Active and effective Swap Threads tend to produce better results than waiting 3 months to level your building, while someone donating 2 Forge Points, covers the distance necessary to get at least the 5th reward spot.

On the other hand if people with younger cities get screwed over time and again by getting their few hard earned FPs pushed down when you post your GB in the 2 FP swap thread, then turn around and post it in the 50 FP swap thread, good luck getting them to play your reindeer games when they eventually get tired of your shenanigans

DeletedUser36572

On the other hand if people with younger cities get screwed over time and again by getting their few hard earned FPs pushed down when you post your GB in the 2 FP swap thread, then turn around and post it in the 50 FP swap thread, good luck getting them to play your reindeer games when they eventually get tired of your shenanigans

The point being ... If a player is stupid enough to think that their hard earned 2 Forge Points is going to make a significant difference investing in a Great Building that is also in a 50 point Swap Thread ... Then who’s fault is that exactly?

*Not to mention that the player doesn’t lose anything, because in a Guild Swap Thread, all they did was help a guildmember Level their Great Building while at the same time, getting the same number of points added to their own building.

Are you suggesting that a player should be more interested in waiting three months to level their Great Building (when a Neighbor could snipe it at any point) so a person investing 2 Forge Points at a time may be able to achieve a better return on their investment?

How exactly is any of that a good idea?

Edit:
Later, we may discuss how exactly doing nothing for two hours equates to 2 “hard earned” Forge Points.

It would take more actual effort to assemble an Army, attack a Neighbor, and rob their Train ... If that’s what you are suggesting, I say, “Go for it; not particularly hard, but well earned”.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kranyar the Mysterious

Ask yourself why someone posted their building to multiple swap threads.

The answer is likely one or more of the following:
1) They want to advance the level on their building quickly.
2) They just collected their city and have a bunch of fp sitting in their bar that need to be spent quickly.
3) They want the fp reward and/or blueprints or medals from a particular building.

If a player doesn't win a reward spot, they still got their fp paid back onto their building. They lost nothing.

Swap threads were created for mutual benefit, not for one player to claim rights to a building's rewards. If you want to claim a reward early, pay to lock that spot. Expecting players to hold back and not pass others on the swap threads is selfish and absolutely ridiculous.

Bruadhin

Ask yourself why someone posted their building to multiple swap threads.

The answer is likely one or more of the following:
1) They want to advance the level on their building quickly.
2) They just collected their city and have a bunch of fp sitting in their bar that need to be spent quickly.
3) They want the fp reward and/or blueprints or medals from a particular building.

If a player doesn't win a reward spot, they still got their fp paid back onto their building. They lost nothing.

Swap threads were created for mutual benefit, not for one player to claim rights to a building's rewards. If you want to claim a reward early, pay to lock that spot. Expecting players to hold back and not pass others on the swap threads is selfish and absolutely ridiculous.
That generally isn't the issue. The issue is when people prime using the swap threads and then go to the 1.9 for 1, 2 and 3.