• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Sniping Progress

The Lady Redneck

I cannot understand the logic behind this paranoia about not leveling GBs. Have even noticed some who are keeping every GB they have locked and only opening one level at a time of the one they decide to focus on. All mine are open to anyone who wishes to donate to them on a lock it or lose it basis. I am never going to turn my nose up at free FPs. Especially as they end up getting me another level on a GB. If there is one that I specifically want to work on, I see it as MY responsibility to make sure that I message those who are helping so we are all on at the same time so they can load it as soon as I flip it. So instead of being reduced to slowing my game down by only getting one GB up by one level. I have one specific one on a thread that enables it to go up fast. Another couple that are on guild threads that go up at a reasonable pace and then more that are leveled by free FPs donated by anyone who wishes to. If I do decide to pick up one of the latter and work on it, then those free FPs already on it give me a head start on that level.

My attitude when I an sniping is that I am donating to a GB with no expectation of the owner ever returning the favor so if I make a profit then that is fair. If I do not put enough FPs on it to lock the position and someone knocks me back then I have been the idiot. But no way will i ever turn my nose up at free gifts. So a big thank you to all who choose to snipe :)

WinnerGR

I cannot understand the logic behind this paranoia about not leveling GBs. Have even noticed some who are keeping every GB they have locked and only opening one level at a time of the one they decide to focus on. All mine are open to anyone who wishes to donate to them on a lock it or lose it basis. I am never going to turn my nose up at free FPs. Especially as they end up getting me another level on a GB. If there is one that I specifically want to work on, I see it as MY responsibility to make sure that I message those who are helping so we are all on at the same time so they can load it as soon as I flip it. So instead of being reduced to slowing my game down by only getting one GB up by one level. I have one specific one on a thread that enables it to go up fast. Another couple that are on guild threads that go up at a reasonable pace and then more that are leveled by free FPs donated by anyone who wishes to. If I do decide to pick up one of the latter and work on it, then those free FPs already on it give me a head start on that level.

My attitude when I an sniping is that I am donating to a GB with no expectation of the owner ever returning the favor so if I make a profit then that is fair. If I do not put enough FPs on it to lock the position and someone knocks me back then I have been the idiot. But no way will i ever turn my nose up at free gifts. So a big thank you to all who choose to snipe :)
I am in full agreement .
There are 4 reasons I might contribute to a GB .
  1. Swap thread ~ I expect FPS back
  2. Sticks to Bricks ~ I expect thanks
  3. BP gaining ~ I expect nothing
  4. FPs for goods ~ the goods in the deal

I also find it annoying when a GB is levelled to 1 FP bellow a level up and I am not told because I recently found that my ark had been sitting around for ages like that and only a few days later was I informed.

Freshmeboy

There was a thread sometime back about the negativity associated by the term "sniping". I no longer use that term except when snagging a spot on a swap thread GB that is being mismanaged..I think that's where the consternation with new players lies,. Donors in a swap thread are counting their chickadees. dreaming of fat returns and mountains of medals and I swoop in and shatter those dreams with a well timed snipe.
These days I use "investment"instead of "snipe" And truly, it is an investment whether I gain a large return or not. I'm investing in their future growth and securing that investment in my inventory, where it becomes a powerful resource.
Hmmm...Is that forge point laundering if I plundered the hood for the fps...?

DeletedUser34787

I typically don't react; I'll take my whole return when you get tired of "teaching me a lesson".

Same thing going on with me. Took about 75FP profit on a CDM, owner messaged me asking for 1.9 because it was in a 1.9 thread (that I'm not in, for clarification: I only pay 1.9 to guild members) - he tried leaving it for a couple of weeks but has now realised that he's only harming himself by leaving it stuck at level 31 or whatever. I've got plenty of FPs and am happy to wait.

DeletedUser

Got unfriended this morning. I had put less than 1.9 on her level 40 Arc. She messaged me this morning asking me to put the whole 1.9 because of her 1.9 group. By the time I saw the message, the Arc had been leveled and I had been unfriended. I sent her a message anyway, pointing out that I was not in her group.

Freshmeboy

Mr. Longshanks, that has happened to me more than I can count...I send messages that I am not in their guild and that GB management remains their responsibility..how was I to know they weren't setting me up for profit..? I do it all the time. C'mon down and invest in my GBs...! Guess that's too much work, ya' know, searching every damn friend and hoodie for an opportunity and then finding one only to be told that's not enough...?
That 1.9 thread is fine for guilds but players should stop the mania consuming the game that its the minimum investment allowed by all players..

DeletedUser

;)
Mr. Longshanks, that has happened to me more than I can count...I send messages that I am not in their guild and that GB management remains their responsibility..how was I to know they weren't setting me up for profit..? I do it all the time. C'mon down and invest in my GBs...! Guess that's too much work, ya' know, searching every damn friend and hoodie for an opportunity and then finding one only to be told that's not enough...?
That 1.9 thread is fine for guilds but players should stop the mania consuming the game that its the minimum investment allowed by all players..
Yeah, it's a good thing she unfriended me, I was all set for her to open level 41 after her message.

DeletedUser40777

Within one’s guild I think sniping is disrespectful and rude. Especially when one puts down 1000 pts to the nearly completed bldg and bumps guildmates who have been consistently adding FPs to maintain their slot and other guild mates who have been avoiding sniping others. While easily done, sniping will earn the enmity of your guild.
Outside of your guild, while still bad manners, the consequences will be far less.
It is very hurtful to newer players who have not been able to produce large numbers of FPs, and either don’t know to or can’t stockpile them.
But I prefer not to knowing hurt others for my own gain.

Graviton

Within one’s guild I think sniping is disrespectful and rude.

I agree with that. I don't snipe on my Friends List either. But neighbors are a different story. I don't see sniping as any different than plundering, in that respect. One could argue that plundering somebody "hurts" them, certainly more than sniping them does. Big deal, it's as much a part of the game as anything else.

-Sebastian-

I agree with that. I don't snipe on my Friends List either. But neighbors are a different story. I don't see sniping as any different than plundering, in that respect. One could argue that plundering somebody "hurts" them, certainly more than sniping them does. Big deal, it's as much a part of the game as anything else.

Some of my friends don't mind me sniping them. But I don't snipe anyone I'm on a 1.9 (or 1.85, etc.) list with, which includes all my guildmates. Also, I don't snipe friends whose Arcs I'm boosting. Or friends who trade the occasional 1.9 lock with me. Or friends who've asked me nicely not to, and whom I'd rather stay friends with than snipe them. Or friends who've sold or bought goods. And sometimes I don't snipe regular aiders, or friends I just plain like.

But the rest, sure.

The Lady Redneck

I take a lock it or lose it approach with hood GBs and any GB is fair game. It is NOT MY responsibility to police their GBs for them. With friends I will ask if it is ok for me to take a spot and if they want my FPs on a 1,9 basis. As far as the guild goes I am lucky in that we have all been playing together for years so the threads work well. If we pass each other on the threads that is not regarded as sniping.

If someone comes whinging that I have "ruined their 1.9 plan" and demands I add more. I will do so..... After I have plundered them often enough to get the required amount of FPs needed.

ExtraMile

Well it happened... hate mail for sniping. And when he first messaged me I thought he was really polite... it’s too bad I chose to ignore his first message - I could’ve had fun with this guy.

578F3AAB-C33C-4B0B-B1F9-D45F09A6D623.jpeg

Freshmeboy

Yeah, the dreaded 19ers...they believe nobody should donate for a profit. Ask pretty much any player if they want free FPs and you'll get a positive response.
But put them on a GB that benefits YOU and you're the evil sniper...What a load of iguana dookey..

Salsuero

Yeah, the dreaded 19ers...they believe nobody should donate for a profit. Ask pretty much any player if they want free FPs and you'll get a positive response.
But put them on a GB that benefits YOU and you're the evil sniper...What a load of iguana dookey..

I'm a 1.9er. I don't believe no one should be allowed to donate for a profit. I just don't set my GBs up to be donated to for a profit. Feel free to snipe anyone you'd like... and if I make a mistake and someone does hit me... my mistake. But I don't want "free" FPs if it's not for 190%. That's why I play my GBs the way I do. Anyone else is free to play theirs any way they'd like and if they're happy with people donating for profit -- great! Doesn't affect me one bit. Might make things a little slower for me, but I'm in no rush.

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 9.34.11 PM.png
And if I did decide to be in a rush, I'm sure I'd be just fine.

ahsay

OH my god...some one is profiting. I'm an American...profit is where it's at for me. Yum