• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

So it was all about bots after all. Imagine my surprise.

Vger

The problem with this "solution" is that it once again ignores the fact that bots were not what Inno was trying to deal with when they implemented the abort limit. You're trying to fix a different problem than Inno was.

Nice try at being an Inno fanboi, but Kurt peed in the punchbowl today.

Kurt said:
They're limited in the sense you can only do a certain amount per day, but it's like a big amount. Um, and that's just to kind of stop bot users. So playing actually only yourself you would never reach that limit because it's a huge high number.

24:20 in:

I like that Kurt guy. He tells it like it is. (Although he may not realize how small a number his huge high number really is.)

Johnny B. Goode

Probably just another example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing at Inno. Incidentally, you're taking the word of someone who calls them "missions" instead of quests and apparently isn't familiar with the word "recurring"?

I'm starting to go over to the side that thinks that Inno (despite their financial success) is really crappy at coordinating themselves and communicating with each other. Something I've seen firsthand.

Vger

Probably just another example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing at Inno.
So on one hand we have the Inno marketing team trying to put out a storm with a bit of PR spin. On the other hand we have a game designer with nearly 4 years at Inno. Believe whichever one you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graviton

Incidentally, you're taking the word of someone who calls them "missions" instead of quests and apparently isn't familiar with the word "recurring"?

Well yeah, it's Kurt. He's been working on the game for years.

So while it seems that point has been clarified, he also said that no single player would ever hit the limit they imposed, which was an argument that was hotly disputed here.

iPenguinPat

Nice try at being an Inno fanboi, but Kurt peed in the punchbowl today.
24:20 in

I like that Kurt guy. He tells it like it is. (Although he may not realize how small a number his huge high number really is.)

Apparently, inno doesn't have an issue with us doing tons of RQ's, and they don't see it as abusing a mechanic. AND it's not bogging down the server... Imagine the shocked look on the face of all the people that actually play the game instead of patting all their buddies on the back on the forums. :oops::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny B. Goode

Except you weren't on the team when that would have been relevant. You don't know what the right or left hand knows.
Oh, believe me, it was relevant when I was on the team, just not on this particular subject.
So while it seems that point has been clarified, he also said that no single player would ever hit the limit they imposed, which was an argument that was hotly disputed here.
So not only does he appear not to know the correct terminology, he is also clueless as to the actual impact. I don't think anything is "clarified" by this offhand and questionable "answer" given in the midst of a Q&A that was supposed to be about the current event.

iPenguinPat

Probably just another example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing at Inno. Incidentally, you're taking the word of someone who calls them "missions" instead of quests and apparently isn't familiar with the word "recurring"?
So not only does he appear not to know the correct terminology, he is also clueless as to the actual impact. I don't think anything is "clarified" by this offhand and questionable "answer" given in the midst of a Q&A that was supposed to be about the current event.

Why so xenophobic...

He was literally quoting a question from a player that used the term "repeating mission" which is obviously a translation from whatever their language is to English. In fact, not even 20 seconds later, Kurt switched over to saying quest instead of mission. :cool:

Kudos to anyone that speaks multiple languages. I'll do my best to understand their attempt at English even if it's Google Translate. Why not be open and try to meet them halfway?

I'm starting to go over to the side that thinks that Inno (despite their financial success) is really crappy at coordinating themselves and communicating with each other. Something I've seen firsthand.

Or they were trying to hide what they were doing for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Graviton

Oh, believe me, it was relevant when I was on the team, just not on this particular subject.

See, I believe you when you say that, 'cause you were on the inside. Similar to how Kurt has been on the inside for several years, except that he's way inside. So if he says bots, I believe bots. I try to be consistent.

Agent327

See, I believe you when you say that, 'cause you were on the inside. Similar to how Kurt has been on the inside for several years, except that he's way inside. So if he says bots, I believe bots. I try to be consistent.

He might be way inside, but he also claims the number of aborts is a huge high number you would never reach playing by yourself.

Graviton

He might be way inside, but he also claims the number of aborts is a huge high number you would never reach playing by yourself.

I know, which is something that was vehemently disputed on this forum. Another choice to make about whom to believe.

Johnny B. Goode

I know, which is something that was vehemently disputed on this forum. Another choice to make about whom to believe.
No, it wasn't disputed. I don't recall anyone disputing the fact when several players claimed to hit it. Some of us disputed the claim that it was unfair or wrong to place the abort limit, but nobody claimed that people were lying about hitting it.

Agent327

Several posters stated that a single player could hit the limit w/o bots. Kurt just stated otherwise. Thus, their posts dispute his claim.

He only stated otherwise if he was aware it can be done. If you judge what he is saying, do you believe he is aware of it?

Agent327

I have no reason to believe he's not.

Then why would he say it is a huge number you would not reach by playing by yourself when he knows that a large number of players claim to be doing it? Doesn't that seem strange to you? Admitting it is about bots and immediately sparking the discussion again by saying the number can not be reached by playing by yourself? Inno has already stated it can be reached, but not many players are doing that. Why would he contradict that?

In a previous Q&A he also stated that all people working on FoE also play the game. I believe him in that as well, but I do think he has another idea of "playng the game" than most on the forum have.

Same with GBG. "battlegrounds is not a feature that is supposed to be played all day long" and "battlegrounds is a feature you play on the side, there is a distinct limit" Those are comments made by a dev during a Q&A. Does that look like they have any idea how fanatic the players actually are?