• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

So this is why you have lag....

DeletedUser26965

I came across a post on beta regarding "memory leak". I have no idea what that is. I don't know anything about programming and such. But I got some basic joe schmo pc knowledge. Anyway been running some "stress tests" I call them watching RAM/Memory and now I can see what people have been talking about when they complain about lag, well many of them probably.

Just in my ignorant opinion but I don't think many of the complaints I've heard regarding GvG has anything to do with GvG itself really. The problem is with opening and closing any or many areas of the game; Continent Map, Guild Expedition, other peoples cities, Research window, GvG map etc. They all do the same thing, they add to memory until it finally crashes.

So these stress tests consisted simply of opening then closing any given window repeatedly to force a crash and note the memory usage. Here's some results;

Windows 10
Chrome
RAM: 6Gb
CPU: intel i7 920
Starting memory with a fresh game is typically around 267Mb
chrome test 1 - Copy.JPG

GvG map: (not provinces just map): Opened/Closed 102x then crashed - Just over 4Gb memory
chrome test x100 - Copy.JPG

Research Window
: (just window not techs themselves) Opened/Closed 65x then crashed - apx 4Gb memory

Continent Map: (not provinces just map,Tested on Firefox & Chrome) Opened only 26 times then crashed - apx. 1.5Gb memory (ran the test a third time and got up to 35 times before crashing, still the worse of my tests so far)
Memory leak - Guild Expeditions

Now while it's clear the majority of players won't be opening and closing so many windows like that, they will over enough period of play time open many windows such as doing a lot of GvG, PvP, GE etc. The only things players can do I figure is get a lot of ram, like at least 12Gb, refresh when needed and avoid opening too many game windows if possible. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

"memory leak".

This game has an issue regarding memory leaks.
When ever I'm finished doing my G.E. for the day, I refresh my game.
Same with continent maps, I refresh when I'm done.
When I used to visit my neighbors for combat points, I'd refresh when finished.

images (17).jpg

You get in the habit of doing it.