• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

So what is the Summer Event like?

Lady Gato

A friend of mine had this advice -- save all your doubloons till there's something on the wheel that you really want. Pick that out ahead of time. Then when it appears on the wheel, keep spinning with your saved up doubloons and that will maximize your chance to get what you want. His choice was sunken treasure. By using this method he was able to get about 11+ sunken treasures (which is a building) during the event on beta. Of course since I needed everything, I didn't follow his advice. But I did get some cool stuff.

Lady Gato

What I meant was you decide yourself what you want as a goal - for example I wanted a wishing well. So I would wait until a wishing well was on the wheel. I checked a few times a day - letting someone else spend their doubloons to change what is on the wheel. Then when I saw a wishing well on the wheel, I would start spending my own doubloons to spin the wheel and keep spinning the wheel until I either gained the wishing well or someone else got it. Then my friend would stop spending his doubloons until another time when his target (sunken treasure) was again showing on the wheel. I often got distracted by other items on the wheel and would keep spinning. You can also change what is showing on the wheel by using a doubloon but you are taking the chance that you will get something that you totally did not want. You are NOT doing an actual prize selection - you are simply deciding when to spend or when not to spend your doubloons.

Plunder Queen

Do you have to wait to see the crows nest come up 8 times or can you keep spending doubloons on it until it goes away and you get the 8?

Lady Gato

While you are spinning your wheel, the neighborhood is spinning the same wheel. There are several prizes on a single wheel, including for example the crow's nest. Someone eventually snags each prize on the wheel (some are duplicates - some are singles). Or the wheel is refreshed by someone. Once refreshed, the wheel returns with a whole new set of prizes - not necessarily the crows nest. So then you would have to wait till the crows nest appears again which it may not for days. Or quicker if you keep checking on the wheel every hour for 24 hrs a day. If you had enough $ I guess theoretically you could keep refreshing the wheel until the crow's nest shows up again. Did I answer your question?

Plunder Queen

While you are spinning your wheel, the neighborhood is spinning the same wheel. There are several prizes on a single wheel, including for example the crow's nest. Someone eventually snags each prize on the wheel (some are duplicates - some are singles). Or the wheel is refreshed by someone. Once refreshed, the wheel returns with a whole new set of prizes - not necessarily the crows nest. So then you would have to wait till the crows nest appears again which it may not for days. Or quicker if you keep checking on the wheel every hour for 24 hrs a day. If you had enough $ I guess theoretically you could keep refreshing the wheel until the crow's nest shows up again. Did I answer your question?
Yes thank you! This will be a bit of a trial and error. Going for the crows nest, however, is it up to par with the ship?

Lady Gato

Crow's nest vs ship -- I don't know. I got both but not enough upgrades. I have put the crow's nest level 1 down as it was smaller than th.e ship. Once I get more room & upgrades for both then I will decide if I want one or the other or both or neither. Something better might come along where I do have all the upgrades for.

Nicholas002

Yes thank you! This will be a bit of a trial and error. Going for the crows nest, however, is it up to par with the ship?
Crows nest is IMO better than ship, just by looking at its stats. Don’t have either of them. I am also wondering if I should go for the crows nest. I think it shouldn’t be too hard to get 5 or 6 selection kits, and then finish it with the AD. Anyone who played summer event last year know if it is possible to get that many kits?