• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

So when is the server performance going to get way better?

The Lady Redneck

This is from the last Changelog.
  • We will also remove the happiness icon from the battle result window later. As a result of this change, the server performance should be way better now, especially when many players do battles at the same time.
  • We also made small adjustments to the Guild Battlegrounds, improving the performance.
The lag this morning was just as bad as ever. If today was an example of the supposed improvement in performance heaven help the game.

Ebeondi Asi

Personally I think if Inno stopped using calculated every time 'chance' of attrition, and instead went to full additive only arithmatic. So if a sector had a 0.17 chance of attrition, instead of spinning the electronic roulette wheel every time for every fight for every player, it just added 0.17 to a arithmatic total. So no more complaining when the 'system currently in use gives me ten Attrition in a row with three SC !!!! it would instead just add up the percentage aritmatically and whem one more attirtion is gained the marker goes up one. The system could easily remember that number for the whole day just as easily as it does now. but a gigantic amount of computer time calculating chance would be gone.

Last edited:

marss

at first i thought a game like this that has no movement couldn't get lag, ohh was i wrong lol sometimes when i log in i have to refresh the page cause the screen freezes, and when i was gm on other game we were told to tell ppl its their internet or their computer too old......and im sure is same response in every type of game lol

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Hello there,

We've definetely seen improvements, and we can confirm it by looking at our logs, however we'll gladly continue working to improve it even further to provide you guys the best gaming experience we can.

Whenever you have an issue like this, please submit a Ticket so we can collect essential information that will help us assess and address the issue. Also, in that ticket we will ask you to follow a few common troubleshooting steps that might help you.

...Do they not see all they are doing is making themselves and their employees look even more incompetent?

This is not the kind of feedback we consider constructive (quite the opposite actually). I understand you might be upset or frustrated about it, but please, this is not the way to deal with it.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation moving forward.

Pericles the Lion

Hello there,

We've definetely seen improvements, and we can confirm it by looking at our logs, however we'll gladly continue working to improve it even further to provide you guys the best gaming experience we can.
Whenever you have an issue like this, please submit a Ticket so we can collect essential information that will help us assess and address the issue. Also, in that ticket we will ask you to follow a few common troubleshooting steps that might help you.
Hi. I'm not sure how looking at "logs" will provide the clues needed to confirm that improvements were made with the most recent update. The fact is that opening day of GBG has been plagued with lag from the time that I started playing. Yesterday, after "improvements", the lag was the worst that I've experienced. GBG was literally unplayable. Submitting tickets has been deemed pointless. Support deflects and blames the player's equipment. Today, GBG is running normally, no lag. Bear in mind that I've done nothing on my end. The only difference is that there are not eight guilds playing simultaneously as they do in the opening minutes of a new season.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Hi. I'm not sure how looking at "logs" will provide the clues needed to confirm that improvements were made with the most recent update. The fact is that opening day of GBG has been plagued with lag from the time that I started playing. Yesterday, after "improvements", the lag was the worst that I've experienced. GBG was literally unplayable. Submitting tickets has been deemed pointless. Support deflects and blames the player's equipment. Today, GBG is running normally, no lag. Bear in mind that I've done nothing on my end. The only difference is that there are not eight guilds playing simultaneously as they do in the opening minutes of a new season.

Hello,

I'm sorry if I'll sound rude - it's definetely not my intention, but you claim that "submitting tickets is pointless" even when we ask you to because it is really important for us. Note that if you don't, it's the same thing that you don't tell us something is wrong with your game. Then you say "Support deflects and blames the player's equipment, which is totally not the case - I literally said in my message here " we will ask you to follow a few common troubleshooting steps that might help you. ", but then you tell us " Bear in mind that I've done nothing on my end. ", so, respectfully, you never tried any troubleshooting steps and you were literally waiting for the issue to be resolved. I mean, we're here to help, and we really try to help, but we can only do it if you at least show some interest instead of blaming the server or the Support staff.

So again, please, whenever you have an issue like this, submit a Ticket so we can collect essential information that will help us assess and address the issue.

Sledgie

Hello,

I'm sorry if I'll sound rude - it's definetely not my intention, but you claim that "submitting tickets is pointless" even when we ask you to because it is really important for us. Note that if you don't, it's the same thing that you don't tell us something is wrong with your game. Then you say "Support deflects and blames the player's equipment, which is totally not the case - I literally said in my message here " we will ask you to follow a few common troubleshooting steps that might help you. ", but then you tell us " Bear in mind that I've done nothing on my end. ", so, respectfully, you never tried any troubleshooting steps and you were literally waiting for the issue to be resolved. I mean, we're here to help, and we really try to help, but we can only do it if you at least show some interest instead of blaming the server or the Support staff.

So again, please, whenever you have an issue like this, submit a Ticket so we can collect essential information that will help us assess and address the issue.
Should we tell everyone on our world who experiences significant lag at the start of GBG to file tickets every season? This is a well-known issue that persists even after multiple updates. If everyone experiencing the issue reported it, there would be a massive overload of the ticketing system. Those who play on both EN and US servers report that the issue is much worse on the US server, likely due to server load. We have 28 worlds all starting GBG simultaneously. On my main world we typically have 52-53 guilds on diamond maps, 29-31 of which have 1000 LP, and 8 which are capable of capturing an entire map in 15 minutes or less. Just looking at those 8 guilds, if you have an average of 30 people per guild on at GBG start, that is 240 potential tickets if everyone reports their problems - and that is just for one world. That doesn't even include the tier 2 guilds who are also racing, just at a slower pace,

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Should we tell everyone on our world who experiences significant lag at the start of GBG to file tickets every season? This is a well-known issue that persists even after multiple updates. If everyone experiencing the issue reported it, there would be a massive overload of the ticketing system. Those who play on both EN and US servers report that the issue is much worse on the US server, likely due to server load. We have 28 worlds all starting GBG simultaneously. On my main world we typically have 52-53 guilds on diamond maps, 29-31 of which have 1000 LP, and 8 which are capable of capturing an entire map in 15 minutes or less. Just looking at those 8 guilds, if you have an average of 30 people per guild on at GBG start, that is 240 potential tickets if everyone reports their problems - and that is just for one world. That doesn't even include the tier 2 guilds who are also racing, just at a slower pace,

Yes, ideally yes. If you have a problem with the game, report it.

1 player reporting an issue is nothing compared to this many players you're saying. It would definitely help us to bring this matter to the attention of the Tech Team.

Support team: "Hey, we have players complaining about lag in GbG."
Tech team: "How many players are reporting it?"

So... can you see why we need players to step up and report what they're experiencing? And no, we won't take for credit when someone says "my entire guild is complaining". We really need you guys to report it the proper way so we can do our best for you.

Oh, and by the way, we have been always passing your reports to the relevant teams and as far as we know they've been always working on performance improvements.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
The cause of the problem is obvious LeCron. Server overload is taking place. The start of a GBG season sees a lot of people playing or at least trying to. Now go get the IT people deal with the situation.

Don't forget to do your share and send us a ticket in case you're experiencing an issue with the game. ;)

Pericles the Lion

Hello,

Yeah, now it's my turn to appear rude. The reason that submitting tickets seems pointless is two-fold. First, and foremost, Support invariably suggests "clear your cache and cookies, they do not take responsibility for the problem. Secondly, after getting this advice for the umptheenth time players have not allowed to vent their frustration regarding Support's response on this Forum. When I said that I did "nothing on my end" what I meant was I experienced unbearable lag yesterday morning when GBG opened up, made no changes to my PC, and, voila', the problem was resolved when I was in GBG earlier this morning. As @Just An Observer and @Shalimar the Brave pointed out, the problem is server overload when GBG starts up.

At this point I would say "be careful what you wish for". You're asking for tickets regarding GBG lag and I'm pretty sure that you'll get your wish on the 26th when the next season begins. I'll be sure to spread the word that you want feedback.

Tony 85 the Generous

The reason that submitting tickets seems pointless is two-fold. First, and foremost, Support invariably suggests "clear your cache and cookies, they do not take responsibility for the problem. Secondly, after getting this advice for the umptheenth time players have not allowed to vent their frustration regarding Support's response on this Forum. When I said that I did "nothing on my end" what I meant was I experienced unbearable lag yesterday morning when GBG opened up, made no changes to my PC, and, voila', the problem was resolved when I was in GBG earlier this morning. As @Just An Observer and @Shalimar the Brave pointed out, the problem is server overload when GBG starts up.

At this point I would say "be careful what you wish for". You're asking for tickets regarding GBG lag and I'm pretty sure that you'll get your wish on the 26th when the next season begins. I'll be sure to spread the word that you want feedback.
Even if the feedback from support is useless (and it very well may be), the date and time the ticket was filed in combination with the number of tickets will give valuable information.

I profer these two analogies:

Back during World War II, the RAF lost a lot of planes to German anti-aircraft fire. So they decided to armor them up. But where to put the armor? The obvious answer was to look at planes that returned from missions, count up all the bullet holes in various places, and then put extra armor in the areas that attracted the most fire. Obvious but wrong. As Hungarian-born mathematician Abraham Wald explained at the time, if a plane makes it back safely even though it has, say, a bunch of bullet holes in its wings, it means that bullet holes in the wings aren’t very dangerous. What you really want to do is armor up the areas that, on average, don’t have any bullet holes. Why? Because planes with bullet holes in those places never made it back. That’s why you don’t see any bullet holes there on the ones that do return. Clever!

In the US, the power company encourages (almost requires, but won't go that far) you call the power company when your power is out. Sure your neighbor may have already called. But by you also calling (ie., filing a ticket) it shows that you are in deed in your house and without power. If only one person called in from a neighborhood of 100 houses. Then that is one house that does not have power and 99 "unoccupied" houses they don't have to worry about. If all 100 houses call in, then it is known there are 100 houses that are without power. Where on the priority list is the report of the 1 house without power vs the 100 houses without power?

It would be interesting to know the difference between the server load on any four hours of the day (except after GE and GBG open) vs the four hours after GE and GBG begin. I am sure there is a (substantial) difference.

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager

You'd be doing your share, and we'd happily play our part as well... :)

If you think for a second that we're not here to help our players, then I'm sorry, but you're wrong. ;)

Also, great job @Tony 85 the Generous . Thank you very much. :)

Kranyar the Mysterious

Well I have to say that I haven't noticed any increase in performance on either PC or Mobile in GBG or elsewhere in game (and I do thousands of battles per season), but that doesn't mean it isn't there I suppose. There are just too many variables affecting things, and only Inno would know what (if any) changes they are actually seeing on their servers.

Ebeondi Asi

One spot that there is always lag in GbG is just before Diamonds are rewarded. It is odd that there is a short pause when Diamonds are going to be awarded in GbG. I have never seen any change in that pause ever.
And the slow Negotiation win pop up icon one has to click after winning on PC (I do not know if it is as bad on Mobile) One can see the reward added much (instantly it seems) sooner than the pop up shows up. So it is all in the mechanism for the pop up that is slowing everything down.