• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer 2022 Event Feedback

Sharmon the Impaler

This event has one saving grace but it costs diamonds. Buy 10 of the same colour card packs that you already have the most of and wait for WP selection kits. Always go for the hardest (you will always win) This will give you a 20% chance of a WP kit or 2-3 per 10 tickets. I have 29 WP2 now :)

Zatrikon

The tournament is completely mindless now. You always want to use your two highest-level players of each position. The only reason we have have five of each position is to slow down their progress. If my two best attackers are at level 7 each, any cards I get for any of my other attackers are 100% useless. The only ones that do any good are cards that will raise these two to level 8 and beyond.

Perhaps some strategy can be added to the game next year that makes use of the other 9 players. Say, players have to be substituted out once in a while for injuries or something. Maybe the system should take into consideration how many games a player has played in a row - so that the player gets tired and needs to be substituted.

Or something so that it's not a forced strategy. Something so that the other three cards in each position aren't completely useless.

UBERhelp1

The tournament is completely mindless now. You always want to use your two highest-level players of each position. The only reason we have have five of each position is to slow down their progress. If my two best attackers are at level 7 each, any cards I get for any of my other attackers are 100% useless. The only ones that do any good are cards that will raise these two to level 8 and beyond.

Perhaps some strategy can be added to the game next year that makes use of the other 9 players. Say, players have to be substituted out once in a while for injuries or something. Maybe the system should take into consideration how many games a player has played in a row - so that the player gets tired and needs to be substituted.

Or something so that it's not a forced strategy. Something so that the other three cards in each position aren't completely useless.
I liked last year how you could choose your team to counter the other one, it was slightly better. Now, it's just seeing which is the highest one that is a win, then clicking that. there's a little bit of switching players around to win, but nothing that is that meaningful.

CDmark

This event has one saving grace but it costs diamonds. Buy 10 of the same colour card packs that you already have the most of and wait for WP selection kits. Always go for the hardest (you will always win) This will give you a 20% chance of a WP kit or 2-3 per 10 tickets. I have 29 WP2 now :)
I didnt even see that option, it is interesting they put same color cards. So, 10 - 50 packs, 500 cards, same color. Did you need to buy some 10 packs of tickets?

cathea

I am new to this event this year, and the instructions, were not too clear, deciphering the cards took me forever to learn and when I did , already wasted tons of diamonds on energy drinks and playing. So I am in it to win the parts and pieces I want, all else is being trucked over to Auctioneer. Basic review: boring, unfortunately.

Coach Zuck

What would you recommend to make it better?
1) there hasn't been a golden/greek/ornamental style building that's given attack since the collossus, which is now very out of date. Sadly for me, these are the only style of building I actually like and I never play the events that have flowers/trees/druid stuff, so it's a third year in a row where I'm not expanding. We could have at least been given an option for attack, or better yet for me, pure FP/goods and neither attack nor defence. This event building isn't worth placing for 90% of the players. By this point I think you should be including options for various playstyles as a standard for every event, otherwise you'll end up with only a small portion of the players motivated to play. Long term players aren't motivated by the daily prizes anymore. It takes very little time to outgrow SOKs and the rest of the rewards don't take much longer.

2) The update to the tournament is terrible and reverting back to last year would resolve it best.
2)a) Making it always 2 blue 2 green 2 red rather than a mix like before takes away the very little strategy that used to exist. Now the right solution is almost always presented to you by default and there's no point in verifying it. Even though it's less clicking, it's become more repetetive because of the lack of thought that used to exist. There's less of a dope hit on the win because we didn't do anything to accomplish it.
2)b) Having "Win/Lose" rather than a % makes me not even try unless it says Win, because I assume that Win means I will win and lose means I will lose, I haven't tried, every time it says win I've won. I stopped playing because the rewards aren't worth the amount of clicking it takes esp. given #2)a)

spartacus2.0

1) there hasn't been a golden/greek/ornamental style building that's given attack since the collossus, which is now very out of date. Sadly for me, these are the only style of building I actually like and I never play the events that have flowers/trees/druid stuff, so it's a third year in a row where I'm not expanding. We could have at least been given an option for attack, or better yet for me, pure FP/goods and neither attack nor defence. This event building isn't worth placing for 90% of the players. By this point I think you should be including options for various playstyles as a standard for every event, otherwise you'll end up with only a small portion of the players motivated to play. Long term players aren't motivated by the daily prizes anymore. It takes very little time to outgrow SOKs and the rest of the rewards don't take much longer.

2) The update to the tournament is terrible and reverting back to last year would resolve it best.
2)a) Making it always 2 blue 2 green 2 red rather than a mix like before takes away the very little strategy that used to exist. Now the right solution is almost always presented to you by default and there's no point in verifying it. Even though it's less clicking, it's become more repetetive because of the lack of thought that used to exist. There's less of a dope hit on the win because we didn't do anything to accomplish it.
2)b) Having "Win/Lose" rather than a % makes me not even try unless it says Win, because I assume that Win means I will win and lose means I will lose, I haven't tried, every time it says win I've won. I stopped playing because the rewards aren't worth the amount of clicking it takes esp. given #2)a)
What about the Forge Bowl???

Zatrikon

Another possibility is to give special characteristics to each player - like for examples, for the five different players of each position:

* one player automatically gets a +1 level
* another player loses only one level if he plays a different position
* another player can play either of two different positions without losing any levels
* adds +1 level to the other player of the same position, if that other player is a lower level
* gets +2 levels, but only if the other player of the same position is losing to his opponent

There are plenty of other possibilities.

Just An Observer

Does anyone know when Sentinel Level 1's will show up? I have seen Sentinel upgrade kits appear as prizes several times but no Level 1's. Gotta have both you know!

Zatrikon

You must not be choosing wisely grasshopper. The tournament outcome is predetermined so if you lose a match it's because you chose to. Unless your team is weaker than the "easy" option you should be winning every match.
Perhaps I misunderstood. Yes, of course you can always pick the easy team and win. But the post I was responding to was this:

"If you choose your team well you can win every match , much better this time."

Did he mean "If you choose the opposing team well, you can win every match , same as last time, and same as this event has always been."? Because that, I would agree with. And of course, choosing the opposing team "well" doesn't really involve any skill, just noticing whether it says, "win", or "lose".

Sharmon the Impaler

Perhaps I misunderstood. Yes, of course you can always pick the easy team and win. But the post I was responding to was this:

"If you choose your team well you can win every match , much better this time."

Did he mean "If you choose the opposing team well, you can win every match , same as last time, and same as this event has always been."? Because that, I would agree with. And of course, choosing the opposing team "well" doesn't really involve any skill, just noticing whether it says, "win", or "lose".
You can max out one colour by buying only that colour and win every high level match as well by re-odering each match with only those colours.