• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer 2022 Event Feedback

Karen Isaacsdottir

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us, and I'm sorry you're upset and/or frustrated about this event.

What would you recommend to make it better?
What's better: the interface seems more understandable. Don't know if that's because of something done or not, but it does, either way. I also noticed a lot more event-related incidents, which is nice.

What's worse: a player's info as to what random item will be won says X number of player cards and that number is not always delivered; e.g., if 5 are supposed to be won, 3 show up. Another thing: the new philosophy of 'if you didn't get all the parts for the new building the first time, too bad, so sad, we are going to make it nearly impossible to get what you need this time' because 1) there is one option in the training daily specials to get an upgrade for the Athlon Abbey from last year, and you would have to know, and it is arrogance to think we would, that an alternate daily special is the upgrade for the abbey.

Johnny B. Goode

It says 'five cards', not 'five upgrades'
Okay, so literally what you get is 5 cards. Whether you word it as 5 cards or as 5 upgrades, it's the same thing. It does not say that you get 5 unique cards. So when you think you're only getting 3, you're actually getting multiples of one or more of them. For example, 2 cards of one player, 2 of another and 1 of the third. It might help if you think of them as trading cards like people collect in real life. So when you get 5 baseball cards, you might get one Mike Trout, 2 Aaron Judge and 2 Salvador Perez. Only 3 different players, but 5 cards. Got it now?

Darkest.Knight

It's never been my favorite event and this time, since I'm interested in attack not def, the building/Windmill is so so. Don't have to wait long, 2 wks and we'll be working on something hopefully better; better for me being an attack building.

Portia the Benevolent

Whomever on the Inno team decided winning player cards over and over and over and over and over is a prize we all covet needs to be fired. I’m getting sick of these events. I just spent 3800 bottles for the chance at a sentinel L1. Got zip — but as usual I can trade you about 100 player cards. Inno obviously has a very low opinion of us players. Sad but predictable.

This is my 3rd year playing the soccer event. Previously it was the event I was best at. I play without using diamonds. I'd learned that if I got a lot of cards early, it increased my odds. Also I was good at picking the ideal cards and won most of my matches. This would get me silver league. (Very good when you aren't spending diamonds in any event.)
So I chose the cards when I could get them for daily specials, and I did get a lot - but this year that didn't increase your chances of winning at all. The % mechanic being gone, my previous skill didn't matter at all. I would greatly prefer if it went back to the mechanics of the previous 2 years. It took a few more minutes to learn...but I was able to get more prizes. This new system guarantees a win....and more cards....but fewer prizes and the upgrades weren't as useful. Balance better before.

Pericles the Lion

I liked the new mechanic for the Tournaments. Last year, it was choose your team and hope for the best., This year, the outcome was certain, the RNG was not a factor. I spent about 1000 diamonds on day 1 and bought cards. From then on I chose the upper level opponent and was able to win every match. Got the fully upgraded Windmill and 3 extra pieces plus a bunch of other goodies, some are keepers, others food for the AD.

Sharmon the Impaler

I used the certain win combined with buying a bunch of cards early on and tickets to get 38 WP selection kits. Besides that the event was so so with lacklustre rewards.

The Lady Redneck

Well I used the energy bottles as I got them, went mostly for the free troops and medals as that is what I wanted. Did get some stuff for theAD. Played the tournament thing as the chances came up. Almost always took the middle option (never the top one) Never once looked at any of the cards or changed my army. Hardly ever lost a match. Won more stuff for AD. Did not spend any diamonds and still managed to end up with completed windmill.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The event was OK in the end, but for me daily specials were far and few between.

The thing I disliked most was getting all of the player cards as a "reward". Once I had my team initially set, all those new cards did was mess up my team and force me to either purchase with diamonds more of one type of player to refix what the "reward" messed up, or else live with no longer ever being able to win a tough battle.

The cards shouldn't be a specific reward. If you are going to give them out as a reward they should be in addition and paired with another reward. They also aren't a reward because you can't use them outside of the event, and disappear when the event ends.

Plus the cards were a reward in the tournament wayyyyy too often.

Pericles the Lion

The event was OK in the end, but for me daily specials were far and few between.

The thing I disliked most was getting all of the player cards as a "reward". Once I had my team initially set, all those new cards did was mess up my team and force me to either purchase with diamonds more of one type of player to refix what the "reward" messed up, or else live with no longer ever being able to win a tough battle.

The cards shouldn't be a specific reward. If you are going to give them out as a reward they should be in addition and paired with another reward. They also aren't a reward because you can't use them outside of the event, and disappear when the event ends.

Plus the cards were a reward in the tournament wayyyyy too often.
How could getting more player cards make it harder to win a tournament?

Pericles the Lion

I bought two decks of red cards on day 1 and was able to build teams that won the upper-level tourney every time and I got a lot of card "prizes" as well. Just got lucky I guess.

Kranyar the Mysterious

How could getting more player cards make it harder to win a tournament?
I built up my attackers with 5 packs to start since they were strongest, but my reward cards were weighted such that it kept taking my team back to even, which made it so I couldn't swap attackers into the mid or defense positions and win. Not sure how many attacker packs I ended up buying, but it was at least 10 total to be able to consistently win the upper match, even after using my 2 swap outs.