• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser37581

If you had chosen the farthest player for every time you had spent event currency you more than likely would have ended up in silver league. It's basic math.
The leagues are determined by the amount of drinks spent, regardless of which players the drinks are spent on. The only differences it makes when choosing which player to spend are 1) probability of getting the daily special, 2) which consolation prizes you will get, and 3) the likelihood of getting a sufficient number of goal rewards so as to complete 2 fully leveled Altars.

DeletedUser28147

The leagues are determined by the amount of drinks spent,
Exactly, so the more you spend, by picking the player that cost the most, you're more likely to end up in a higher league. I have determined this for myself by spending on highest costing players only and then in random depending on what I needed from what was available. The results are clear, spending only on the highest costing player gets you higher in the leagues.

DeletedUser37581

Exactly, so the more you spend, by picking the player that cost the most, you're more likely to end up in a higher league. I have determined this for myself by spending on highest costing players only and then in random depending on what I needed from what was available. The results are clear, spending only on the highest costing player gets you higher in the leagues.
Let's say you have 360 drinks available to spend.

If you choose a player that costs 120 drinks 3 times, you will have spent 360 drinks. If you choose a player that costs 90 drink 4 times, you will have spent 360 drinks. If you choose a player that costs 60 drinks 6 times, you will have spent 360 drinks. In all three cases, you will have spent 360 drinks, and ended up in the same league.

Agent327

It’s no different than if those people had spent the drinks the day before instead of the middle of the night... the result would be the same... maybe people just spend their event currency over night to annoy people who assume they will get the rewards they want when they wake up.

If that’s the case those people have a great sense of humor.

I don’t know why you’re complaining about that.

If you complain, you should complain that you can get kicked out of a league after it has been closed. The countdown timer and numbers you are looking at are not updated all the time, so even after a league is closed, the numbers can change.

DeletedUser35252

I'm personally burnt out on this event. Played it on beta and now live servers. Feels like a year-long event. It's just way too long and the final prize is just blah. Can't wait for it to be over with. :(

DeletedUser40495

and the final prize is just blah.:(
Uhhhh... how? The Altar of Athena gives 3 FP on a 2 by 3 space. This is extremely efficient. And you can get two of them. Tons of players love the Colossus and Winter Spire because they give 6 FP for a 4 by 4 space. Well the two Altars you can get combined also give 6 FP, for less space. And the altars have other options if you need something else other than FP. In other words the grand prize in this event is one of the best we’ve seen yet. It is certainly the most efficient at FP production.

And if that is still not enough, they are offering the Tholus of Idols again as a daily special.

This event I received 2 fully upgraded Altars of Athena, and a level 10 Tholus of Idols. Plus a few SoK.

Once again, how are the prizes “blah”?

There are always complainers each event (mostly the carnival event, which I understand completely even though I love that event myself). But how could you complain about this event? Even if luck didn’t go your way with the Tholus, you are guaranteed 2 fully upgraded Altars provided you chose the correct players! Some people are impossible to please.

I'm personally burnt out on this event. Played it on beta and now live servers. Feels like a year-long event
Can't wait for it to be over with. :(
Nobody is forcing you to play. If you hate it that much (I have no idea why), then you don’t have to play it. It can “be over with” for you today if you want.

Stop whining

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you complain, you should complain that you can get kicked out of a league after it has been closed. The countdown timer and numbers you are looking at are not updated all the time, so even after a league is closed, the numbers can change.
No, the numbers don't change after the league is closed. Your display of those numbers may change, but the actual numbers are locked when the league closes. The implication of the way you're stating it is that somehow other players can move ahead of you even after the actual league closing, which is not true.

Algona

I'm personally burnt out on this event. Played it on beta and now live servers. Feels like a year-long event. It's just way too long and the final prize is just blah. Can't wait for it to be over with. :(

I empathize, 32 days seems loing, two months of this and I'd be flying to Deustschland to have a long talk with the devs.

Also agreed, the main prize is, while 'efficient' as noted in the preceding post, is a fine prize, but even doubled up will not be the reason this Event will be rememebered.

Tholos returning and 4 Leagues are the high points of this Event.

DeletedUser40495

The return of previous grand prizes has become a theme in some recent events (this event and the spring event). I sure hope this continues because it has made for some truly great events.

Agent327

No, the numbers don't change after the league is closed. Your display of those numbers may change, but the actual numbers are locked when the league closes. The implication of the way you're stating it is that somehow other players can move ahead of you even after the actual league closing, which is not true.

They do. Ask your superiors if you do not believe me. I was on the edge of silver when the timer started to wind down. I did not want to spend more energydrinks then needed, so I was watching that timer go down for the last couple of minutes. I would have spend extra drinks if needed, but it wasn't needed. When that timer hit 0 secs the results had not changed for the last couple of minutes and I was still shown as being in Silver. When the results were made public I was in bronze. Reason given was that the timer and image you see of the division you are in isn't adjusted to the current number in real time!! When the league is locked, you are looking at the wrong numbers, so you are being misled. The display you are looking at does not change. The result does.

DeletedUser30312

Just barely squeaked into Bronze on my main by about 50 drinks. I was going to come back at the end of the night and drop some drinks to make sure I had the spot, but I got tied up with other stuff and forgot. There was no point in shooting for Silver, since I needed over 1000 drinks for that and only had about 500. Well, I should still be on track for 2 full altars. On Parkog, I dropped a bunch of drinks on the Tholos kits, and while I only scored 8 of them, I still secured a Silver spot which was nice.

DeletedUser

They do. Ask your superiors if you do not believe me. I was on the edge of silver when the timer started to wind down. I did not want to spend more energydrinks then needed, so I was watching that timer go down for the last couple of minutes. I would have spend extra drinks if needed, but it wasn't needed. When that timer hit 0 secs the results had not changed for the last couple of minutes and I was still shown as being in Silver. When the results were made public I was in bronze. Reason given was that the timer and image you see of the division you are in isn't adjusted to the current number in real time!! When the league is locked, you are looking at the wrong numbers, so you are being misled. The display you are looking at does not change. The result does.
No, the result changes while you are looking at a static display that by your own admission isn't being updated. Since you know that, you should have refreshed the page with about 30 seconds (or less) left if you wanted accurate numbers to display. This type of mechanic has been talked about on the Forum many times over the years, so I'm surprised you would complain about it. You should know better than to cut it that close with that type of known display issue.

Agent327

No, the result changes while you are looking at a static display that by your own admission isn't being updated. Since you know that, you should have refreshed the page with about 30 seconds (or less) left if you wanted accurate numbers to display. This type of mechanic has been talked about on the Forum many times over the years, so I'm surprised you would complain about it. You should know better than to cut it that close with that type of known display issue.

If I had known it I would have. Must have missed the announcemenmt about it. Not like it is the first time leaugues are held this way.

BTW, if that was a static display, the counter would not be counting down.

Feedback

Daily specials for this event are uninspired. What a dull event! I'm sure Inno has made plenty from this event, but they likely could have done a lot better.

DeletedUser

If I had known it I would have. Must have missed the announcemenmt about it. Not like it is the first time leaugues are held this way.

BTW, if that was a static display, the counter would not be counting down.
Okay, so I'll spell it out. The counter part is obviously not dependent on the server updating to your PC/mobile, but the scores are. So it was a static display as far as the scores/standings were concerned unless/until the server updated/refreshed, while the counter just keeps going because it is undoubtedly tied to your PC/mobile internal clock rather than relying on the server.

Agent327

Okay, so I'll spell it out. The counter part is obviously not dependent on the server updating to your PC/mobile, but the scores are. So it was a static display as far as the scores/standings were concerned unless/until the server updated/refreshed, while the counter just keeps going because it is undoubtedly tied to your PC/mobile internal clock rather than relying on the server.

And how many times did we have a league in multiple parts so this became an issue?

DeletedUser40495

Feedback

Daily specials for this event are uninspired. What a dull event! I'm sure Inno has made plenty from this event, but they likely could have done a lot better.
How could have they done better? Any suggestions? This event included:

1. The most efficient FP production building available in events as the grand prize (Altar of Athena). The only buildings more efficient are only offered in cultural settlements. AND you could win two fully upgraded Altars.

2. The return of the Tholus

3. Multiple league rewards

Are you impossible to please or what? Inno did a great job on this event. Don’t say they could have “done better”. They won’t be able to hear you over the rave reviews from everyone else.;)

DeletedUser

And how many times did we have a league in multiple parts so this became an issue?
Did you seriously never see the posts every time there was this type of component about the displayed scores not being updated/refreshed close to the end of events with leagues before? That's hard to believe. It's been an issue every time there have been leagues in an event. Just because it only happened at the end instead of 4 times doesn't mean it was a completely different thing. It's the exact same mechanic that has been there in every event with leagues.

Agent327

Did you seriously never see the posts every time there was this type of component about the displayed scores not being updated/refreshed close to the end of events with leagues before? That's hard to believe. It's been an issue every time there have been leagues in an event. Just because it only happened at the end instead of 4 times doesn't mean it was a completely different thing. It's the exact same mechanic that has been there in every event with leagues.

Never had to look at them before. It always was an erndscore. With 4 leagues strategy you use changes.

I sometimes miss things. Also never saw the announcement that said mods decide if feedback is valid or not.

DeletedUser

Also never saw the announcement that said mods decide if feedback is valid or not.
I'm not disputing your feedback, I'm disputing the factuality of your statement that the results change after the league has closed. Mainly because that statement implies either cheating by players or dishonesty by Inno. I understand that you're upset that you got bumped down to a lower league, but it's the same story as donating to a GB. Secure your position. You wouldn't put enough to barely get you a reward spot on a GB and then wait to see if someone passes you. If the league result was that important to you, you should have spent the drinks rather than sit on them hoping.

Status
Not open for further replies.