• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Algona

Feedback

Daily specials for this event are uninspired. What a dull event! I'm sure Inno has made plenty from this event, but they likely could have done a lot better.

What would you have recommended? I personally could live without the WF and upgrade and VT upgrade. Most of the rest of the prizes seem like they could be useful to some folk at some stage of their city development.

----------

Hmmmpg. Stupid me. Note to self. Next Event track the League threshhold changes each day to see the popularity of the daily prizes.

I don;t suppose anyone has done this already? Aside from INNO...

Agent327

I'm not disputing your feedback, I'm disputing the factuality of your statement that the results change after the league has closed. Mainly because that statement implies either cheating by players or dishonesty by Inno. I understand that you're upset that you got bumped down to a lower league, but it's the same story as donating to a GB. Secure your position. You wouldn't put enough to barely get you a reward spot on a GB and then wait to see if someone passes you. If the league result was that important to you, you should have spent the drinks rather than sit on them hoping.

It implies that the way the running results are shown is misleading. That counter running down gives you the impression that what you are looking at is up to date.

If I need to donate 10 fp in a GB to secure my position I donate 10 fp. I do not donate 12 just to be sure, cause the totals might change.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Did you seriously never see the posts every time there was this type of component about the displayed scores not being updated/refreshed close to the end of events with leagues before? That's hard to believe. It's been an issue every time there have been leagues in an event. Just because it only happened at the end instead of 4 times doesn't mean it was a completely different thing. It's the exact same mechanic that has been there in every event with leagues.

I've been reading these forums semi-daily since long before leagues existed, and this is the first I've heard of the issue... Probably because I rarely bother with an event thread after an event is finished. Everything else updates in real time, such as great building donations, don't know why this would be any different.

Zatrikon

If my calculations are correct, there will be one more chance for the Tholos upgrades as the Daily Special on the last day of the event. I've got zero of them so far.

DeletedUser40495

If my calculations are correct, there will be one more chance for the Tholos upgrades as the Daily Special on the last day of the event. I've got zero of them so far.
That would be cool, but I doubt it.

Zatrikon

OK. So what will be the last day's Daily Special? Because I'll probably be saving all my energy drinks for that last day.

DeletedUser30312

Dunno, I'm down to 500 anyway. I picked up enough Tholos kits for a second level 10, grabbed a few Contestant Estates on some of my cities, and I'm on track for two Altars on my main. I'll be fine with something like One Ups on the last day, TBH.

Zatrikon

One ups would be fine, pretty much anything other than a building I already have lots of would be fine. Store Buildings, Mass Self-Aids, Rushes, etc. But it would have been nice to get at least one Tholos upgrade. I spent nearly all my energy drinks on the two days they were offered and didn't get any.

DeletedUser30312

Rushes are usually in the players/chests, not the dailies though. They're good for supply rushes, the coin rushes I don't think I've ever used. One Ups, Renos, Stores, they're nice for the final prize once you have a nice collection of event stuff.

DeletedUser32211

This has been a really disappointing event. I saved up 7500 bottles hoping you would offer something worth having and am now spending them and hoping not to get any rogue shrink kits. I will end up spending over a month on this event to win some troops and a couple hundred fps. I would say this is the worst event I've seen in my year and half playing except that I am now previewing the summer event on beta and it is worse than the soccer event.

Agent327

This has been a really disappointing event. I saved up 7500 bottles hoping you would offer something worth having and am now spending them and hoping not to get any rogue shrink kits. I will end up spending over a month on this event to win some troops and a couple hundred fps. I would say this is the worst event I've seen in my year and half playing except that I am now previewing the summer event on beta and it is worse than the soccer event.

So what worth having did you expect, knowing all prizes in advance?

Why did you spend up over a month on it, when it was shorter?

Zatrikon

I assume there will be one other DS prize for the last 4 and a half hours of the game. Since the contest countdown clock shows that much time more than the Daily Special countdown clock. I'll keep my fingers crossed for something useful.

DeletedUser35252

Uhhhh... how? The Altar of Athena gives 3 FP on a 2 by 3 space. This is extremely efficient. And you can get two of them. Tons of players love the Colossus and Winter Spire because they give 6 FP for a 4 by 4 space. Well the two Altars you can get combined also give 6 FP, for less space. And the altars have other options if you need something else other than FP. In other words the grand prize in this event is one of the best we’ve seen yet. It is certainly the most efficient at FP production.

And if that is still not enough, they are offering the Tholus of Idols again as a daily special.

This event I received 2 fully upgraded Altars of Athena, and a level 10 Tholus of Idols. Plus a few SoK.

Once again, how are the prizes “blah”?

There are always complainers each event (mostly the carnival event, which I understand completely even though I love that event myself). But how could you complain about this event? Even if luck didn’t go your way with the Tholus, you are guaranteed 2 fully upgraded Altars provided you chose the correct players! Some people are impossible to please.

Nobody is forcing you to play. If you hate it that much (I have no idea why), then you don’t have to play it. It can “be over with” for you today if you want.

Stop whining

"Stop whining"? It is NOT necessary to be rude?

DeletedUser40495

"Stop whining"? It is NOT necessary to be rude?
The prizes this event are great. Complaining about them makes you seem pretty ungrateful honestly.

And events are optional. If you’re burnt out stop playing. Don’t whine about it please ;)

DeletedUser29623

This is the second time, after the Spring 2019 event, that the final Daily Special has been a Victory Tower upgrade.

Zatrikon

And with my last few remaining energy drinks, I got TWO (2) Victory Tower Upgrades. Yet somehow, with thousands of energy drinks, I couldn't get a single Tholos upgrade. :mad:

Oh well. The Daily Specials seem to always suck. But the Altar Gardens are definitely good!

Status
Not open for further replies.