• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup 2019 Feedback

• Thread starter DeletedUser25252
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

mamboking053

INNO changing the Altar and the LEague Prizes mid Event?

Have they made mid Event changes like this before?

I get the feeling a lot of people may have been skipping this Event.

More free stuff? Thanks INNO.

In before the first post whining that it's not good enouigh.

"These free Gold Bars are too heavy!"

"Not that free pony, the nicer free pony!"

Also starting an over / under for the number of complaints about how changing the Leagues mid stream screwed someone over.

It's a bit strange to watch a complaint about complainers complaints begin to jump ahead of the horse.

I get the feeling some people who like to complain strategically wait for a complaint to complain about so they look like anything else but complainers themselves.

DeletedUser37581

Looks like they may have changed it on June 3rd. I clearly remember not seeing it in the announcement.
I was referring to the in-game announcement - the one that got pinned in the message center announcing Space Age Mars. The nerf of Virgo Project got a line of its own so it stuck out.

Algona

It's a bit strange to watch a complaint about complainers complaints begin to jump ahead of the horse.

I get the feeling some people who like to complain strategically wait for a complaint to complain about so they look like anything else but complainers themselves.

Metacomplaining. I am the founder of a newly defined field. The glory that will be had, the book toues, the fake videos...

No, wait, just Googled it. Darn. I guess it;s already been done.

I suppose I could complain about that.

I was referring to the in-game announcement - the one that got pinned in the message center announcing Space Age Mars.

The one that so many people did not read?

And yet every month or three folk write Proposals to make them easy to delete.

EDIT: Meanwhile back on topic:

Does anyone remeber if INNO has made changes like this during a previouos Event?

DeletedUser40495

Total waste of time. Prizes not that great and takes too many energy points to score!
Dude, the Altar of Athena give 3 FP for a 2 by 3 space. That is pure efficiency. And the Tholus of Idols is offered as a daily special if you still are not happy. How are the prizes not good? And anyway how could an event be a waste of time? The quests are so easy to complete anyway, and don’t require really any time commitment.

DeletedUser35470

I, for one, am happy to see the recent changes being made across the board to appease players of all styles. I may not agree with all the changes but overall I think they are steps in the right direction.

Jase249

Love the timing of it; the changes came on the day of bonus event currency for buying diamonds. These are probably the days they expect to see a mass influx of money, and it just ain't happening. So they're asking "why is no one buying the Altars?" and this was the solution.

If they bothered reading the feedback on the Beta forums for the people who test the events, they would have already known this and wouldn't be having to scramble to change it mid-Event on live.

RazorbackPirate

Happy about all of the buffs to the Soccer event. Many of the choices look much more attractive, making the final choices a bit more difficult. Glad I can now say choices, because the change in the Leagues should make 2 level 5 Altar Gardens almost certain.

I'm glad I've sat on all of my energy drinks waiting for Tholos Kits. Needing only 2 in each city, this change gives me more options and more motivation to go for 2 full Altars without spending any of my hard earned diamonds. Thanks Inno.

Let's see, just this week the Vikings, the Y Tree, and the Soccer event, and the Altars all got buffed quite nicely. Yet what do we hear?
The grand prizes from this event are relatively lacking compared to the side prize from previous events. I made some comparisons earlier in the thread. For example, sleigh builder produces twice as many goods as altar of hera.
Total waste of time. Prizes not that great and takes too many energy points to score!

DeletedUser37581

Love the timing of it; the changes came on the day of bonus event currency for buying diamonds. These are probably the days they expect to see a mass influx of money, and it just ain't happening. So they're asking "why is no one buying the Altars?" and this was the solution.
I doubt it. With a prize like Tholos of Idols Selection Kit in the offing, the expectation would be that most money spenders will be saving up for that. And even so, Gold League is already over 4000.

DeletedUser40061

on the contrary prizes are cool imo. but it sure is hard to get those energy drinks.. all-in-all its a colorful and innovative game. soccor is a very athletic game ,good for the sedentary body...beats digging in sand and blasting rocks all day:eek:

Jase249

I doubt it. With a prize like Tholos of Idols Selection Kit in the offing, the expectation would be that most money spenders will be saving up for that. And even so, Gold League is already over 4000.

Buying on bonus-event-currency day and spending on Tholos-kit day are not mutually exclusive. If I were spending money on this event, I'd buy today and hold all energy drinks until the Tholos kits come up. My point is that Inno probably expects to see the most money come in on "bonus" days (since that's the obvious smart play) and it's not happening. Tweaking all the stats probably wasn't done on the fly. They probably had it ready to go as a patch and basically said, "OK, if people aren't even buying on bonus day, we'll do this".

DeletedUser13838

Happy about all of the buffs to the Soccer event. Many of the choices look much more attractive, making the final choices a bit more difficult. Glad I can now say choices, because the change in the Leagues should make 2 level 5 Altar Gardens almost certain.

I'm glad I've sat on all of my energy drinks waiting for Tholos Kits. Needing only 2 in each city, this change gives me more options and more motivation to go for 2 full Altars without spending any of my hard earned diamonds. Thanks Inno.

Let's see, just this week the Vikings, the Y Tree, and the Soccer event, and the Altars all got buffed quite nicely. Yet what do we hear?
You do realize I was referring to the pre-buffed versions, right? Apparently Inno agreed with me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.