• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup 2021 Feedback

RazorbackPirate

Other than the main event building, the 2021 Soccer Cup looks pretty good! I will be going for Sentinel Level 2's and see what else crops up that is useful for A/D when used for ATTACKING armies, not DEFENDING armies.
With the new PvP towers, there may be an uptick in interest for defense boosts. I expect to also see more defense based buildings in the future based on the addition of PvP alone. I doubt I'll build it, but can see why others might.

I like the idea of the Event hub. If nothing else, it looks to be an attractive addition to the background of our cities. I also like the concept of additions and upgrades based on event participation. Not sure how it will affect event play, seems the trend is to take away event play prizes in exchange for dumb stuff like the calendars.

1/5th of a prize with fragments, instead of the 5 full prizes we used to get for uncovering 5 Idols. We now get one upgrade up front requiring one less upgrade from event play, missing out on all those extra play prizes by taking away the need for play. I expect the 5 day boost comes at a steep price, like the rest. Making it all a bit less worth it.

Inno is dead, long live Inno.

Last edited:
Event Hub is something introduced on Beta that has not yet transferred to the Live Servers. Clearly, the SC Event announcement was copied and pasted from the announcement on the Beta Forum with just start/stop dates changed.

Aethelcatt VIII

Good to see the energy drink bottles in larger images at the event portal. In the tiny introductory picture before they look like baby bottles, and I would be afraid to give them to my soccer players.

LoveNkind

I am trying to figure out how to play this soccer thing and maximize success and rewards. How do you choose players? Opponents?

Aethelcatt VIII

Here's a question (rather than feedback): Does anybody know what the progress bar ("0/2," "2/3," etc.) on the player card is for?

Johnny B. Goode

Here's a question (rather than feedback): Does anybody know what the progress bar ("0/2," "2/3," etc.) on the player card is for?
That refers to how many copies of that player you have/how many you need for that player's next level. So "0/2" means you need two copies of that player's card to get him to the next level and you currently have zero. And "2/3" means you need 3 copies for the player's next level and currently have 2. When you get the first copy of a player's card, I believe that player starts at level 1. You can raise the level by accruing more copies of that player's card.

Yugi the 7empest

Love this event. Personally, I'm not too keen on the event building, but it's unrealistic to expect every event to have "bombshell" buildings. But as RP noted above, there may be more interest for some players in city att/def with the new PVP reboot. The fact that there are two ways to earn daily prizes is great AND the daily prize lineup is really good. I really like the look of the Hippos with many tracks, and as much as I'd love to add R tracks, the Sentinels are just so much better. I'll shoot to get my last couple Colossus upgrades and load up on Sentinels. If this event had a Yelp page, I'd give it 5 stars.

Aethelcatt VIII

That refers to how many copies of that player you have/how many you need for that player's next level. So "0/2" means you need two copies of that player's card to get him to the next level and you currently have zero. And "2/3" means you need 3 copies for the player's next level and currently have 2. When you get the first copy of a player's card, I believe that player starts at level 1. You can raise the level by accruing more copies of that player's card.
I see. I thought they get bumped up a level every time you obtain a card...wouldn't that be nice! :)

Thank you very much!

Ericness

For the sake of your mental health throughout this event, please realize now, that the tournament games are all 50% chance to win, no matter what players you have, or what it tells you the chance is.

Thank you for this reality check. I was just starting to remember how much I despise the tournament mechanic and forgot how to make it work for me instead.

67Sage101

I cannot possibly thank DEVS enough for the great quest 22 unlock reward of nothing to do with the event (hub). And thanks a million for a 5 day 150% supply boost AFTER the quest line is over. So very generous. After the event I won't need a supply boost. It's impossible for me to imagine the player low enough to appreciate that bonus. In place of 1000 energy drinks or more Tickets....we get the useless event hub!! Woopie!

Last edited:

Nicholas002

the tournament games are all 50% chance to win, no matter what players you have, or what it tells you the chance is.
so the strategy is to just play the hardest games (get more points). If I remember right, I got high in the top ~3 percentile last year with no diamonds with this strategy.

67Sage101

1995 diamonds for 1200 drinks and ZERO daily specials. Sour grapes at this point. Dropping back to meh....don't care anymore mode. :(

Last edited:

Sheriff Of Rottingham

The event has been partially ruined in US3 due to a someone's boost account somehow having 10x more tournament power than the 2nd ranked player. No one can successfully attack the hard chest.