• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup 2021 Feedback

JELLOFELLOW

All defending Army buildings are worthless no matter what level of protection they give you. As it doesn't matter how strong your city defenses are you can always get defeated and plundered. The only real City defense is collecting everything on time :) The new event building will be going straight to the auction house.
Unfortunately they made it so it can't be sold

67Sage101

6 days in and INNO decides to retool the Tournament to include an Athlon upgrade in the Amateur League. How about refunding me for all the tickets used to try and stay in the Bronze League for that extra upgrade ?

And again , my team was double the size of opposing teams and lost 6 straight times in a row. How is this possible ?

I also second post # 20 .... " just go FULL PAY TO WIN "

End of Feedback
Oh well that's interesting to know. I didn't realize. Anyway so the top avatar is a [Censor] When can we have some choice on these avatars. I put on the last [censor] avatar from the archeology event and the comments I got were that [censor] looked like a [censor] librarian.

Joeyjojojo

Unfortunately they made it so it can't be sold
Of course you can sell it. There was an update a while back that new special buildings are locked by default so players don't accidentally sell them and then submit tickets to get them back. You can unlock it and sell it.

As for the event: same as last year. Hopefully the building is easy enough to complete (even though the def boost is approaching useless) without specific play style or lots of luck. The tournament is silly like last time: with most odds in the 30-70% chance to win, and the relatively small # of tickets available the "strategy" component is easily swamped by randomness. Just do the hard match--swap players if you like--and don't save up tickets for prizes there as you lose out on the generated ones.

I'm starting to get burned out on events, particularly because of the complete [x # of y time] production quests which seem to be more obnoxious with each new event. My main world has a fair # of sleigh builders so it isn't so bad, but on others I only have a few production buildings (including whatever smiths I can shoehorn in there) and if you have to wait through multiple cycles of 8 hr productions...it's just a drag.

Last edited:

Agent327

I'm starting to get burned out on events, particularly because of the complete [x # of y time] production quests which seem to be more obnoxious with each new event. My main world has a fair # of sleigh builders so it isn't so bad, but on others I only have a few production buildings (including whatever smiths I can shoehorn in there) and if you have to wait through multiple cycles of 8 hr productions...it's just a drag.

It is your choice to play multiple worlds. You are causing the drag.

Stay Rita

I just ran into a quest for the Soccer Cup that requires me to gain 36K population - are you freaking kidding me? My city doesn't have wide open spaces, and most of it is comprised of event or premium buildings. I should not have to tear down buildings to complete event quests. I believe this is the second time already in this event that this quest has come up. If I tear down troop buildings, it takes an entire day or more - in addition to the costs - to replace those troops and buildings. Not sure who thought this was an awesome addition to the event questline, but they were wrong.

Thats why we have store kits BOOOHOOO

Aethelcatt VIII

I just ran into a quest for the Soccer Cup that requires me to gain 36K population - are you freaking kidding me? My city doesn't have wide open spaces, and most of it is comprised of event or premium buildings. I should not have to tear down buildings to complete event quests. I believe this is the second time already in this event that this quest has come up. If I tear down troop buildings, it takes an entire day or more - in addition to the costs - to replace those troops and buildings. Not sure who thought this was an awesome addition to the event questline, but they were wrong.
I use the event buildings themselves and the many levels of upgrades for these quests, and that's what I did in this event. Building the Athlon Abbey and the two parts of the Hippodrome at Level 1 and then upgrading them when the time comes took care of six quests asking for increases in population and happiness.

Stay Rita

Feedback #2

daily rewards should be 12 hour rewards.

I no longer use SoKs or WW's in my city so why must I stare at them for 24 hours ?

Now for rewards:

Here's a thought : instead of offering last years upgrades why not offer upgrades from events from this year in case one could not complete an event and obtain all upgrades for a particular event building ????? See post above regarding getting the Carillion not once but 3 times as a rewards.

also

I am hearing crickets regarding refunding all tournament tickets used prior to INNO retooling the event to give an Athlon upgrade in Amateur League !!!

Telling it like it is ,

Edward

I'm going to tell you why listen real closly... first off the game owes you nothing at all period. Just because you see something you dont need doesnt mean no one else needs them. That's real selffish and says alot about you. Another thing most people have lives ie work full time or other reasons they cannot check the game within 12 hours of the prize changing so it's better to have the timer a day long. How about players who dont need sentinal towers or other attack buildings? Why should I continue to look at it?

Telling it like it is

Stay Rita

Really ? You must be a relatively newer player to the game . Those of us that have 'been there , done that ' are sick and tired of the same old crap that get sent to the Antique dealer.

So instead , lets service your selfish needs since you are busy at work and chances are you won't score the daily reward anyway and leave the timer for 24 hours.

Youre the one asking for a shorter timer and less prizes and your reason? because its not good for you LOL ;)

Stay Rita

Really ? You must be a relatively newer player to the game . Those of us that have 'been there , done that ' are sick and tired of the same old crap that get sent to the Antique dealer.

So instead , lets service your selfish needs since you are busy at work and chances are you won't score the daily reward anyway and leave the timer for 24 hours.

It's an easy event that doesnttake up too much time so I'm okay with that and no I'm not new

Stay Rita

This game is not PLAY ......it's more like more WORK raising a city from nothing and pushing it to top 1000 in Arvahall @ 78M city score.

When Wishing wells come up I hope you like waiting buddy boi! Thats when I'm cashing out :D

DevaCat

Yeah but to be fair Bub did get hosed by the matchup - something that seems to be a recurring occurrence lately!. If anyone wonders, just toss a coin - heads/tails seems to do the trick!

Pericles the Lion

The tournaments are an exercise in probability and expected value. Pretty simple. My first match today: Top Player 40% chance of winning, 265 points; Middle Player 61%/87; Low Player 87%/67. The expected return from a match with Top = .40x265=106. From Middle = .61x87=53. From Low = .87x67=58. These results are about the same for every match I've evaluated. So, the strategy is simple. To not waste tickets you should play every day. On days with a good daily special choose the Low player because you have the best chance of winning the match. On days with a poor special choose the Top player because, statistically, it will provide the most points over time. I've not found an instance where the Middle player is the best choice.

Alfa Omega

The tournaments are an exercise in probability and expected value. Pretty simple. My first match today: Top Player 40% chance of winning, 265 points; Middle Player 61%/87; Low Player 87%/67. The expected return from a match with Top = .40x265=106. From Middle = .61x87=53. From Low = .87x67=58. These results are about the same for every match I've evaluated. So, the strategy is simple. To not waste tickets you should play every day. On days with a good daily special choose the Low player because you have the best chance of winning the match. On days with a poor special choose the Top player because, statistically, it will provide the most points over time. I've not found an instance where the Middle player is the best choice.
nop, those numbers are crap, you can have 98% and loose