• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup Feedback

Salsuero

I logged in the other day and was surprised that the daily was the Thanos upgrade, but decided I would spend energy drinks later.

I believe it is scheduled to drop again soon. If my memory serves me (because I'm too lazy at the moment to hunt down the list), it was on the list twice, and very close in succession. So, you may have a shot at redeeming your "goof" should you decide to take it.

Agent327

I logged in the other day and was surprised that the daily was the Thanos upgrade, but decided I would spend energy drinks later.

I never logged back on.

Next day, I realized the mistake, faceplamed and decided I'd finish the events and see if any of the last day specials will be SoK or what have you.

You'll get another chance on the 14th.

RazorbackPirate

I believe it is scheduled to drop again soon. If my memory serves me (because I'm too lazy at the moment to hunt down the list), it was on the list twice, and very close in succession. So, you may have a shot at redeeming your "goof" should you decide to take it.

The ToI Upgrade will be the Daily Special Again on the 14th. SoK will be the DS on the last day of the event, the 16th.

Agent327

I should have said in the earlier years since you seem to confuse recent past with distant past.

Guess what, so should I.

Lesson learned that if you start a discussion with players that do not play that long and think they know all cause they are in IA I need to be more carefull in choosing my words. Will try to keep an eye on that.

DeletedUser31592

I think you've forgotten what you were 'discussing' since this 'discussion' has stretched so far into the past now.

Reminder: You were trying to invalidate the purpose for the Thailand servers. You made a blanket statement about events, which has not been true of the more recent events starting in Winter 2017 (which you apparently feel is in some other time dimension that I assume occurs between present and past since it is definitely not present yet you say it isn't the past). With the exception of this current event, players navigating the events in the RECENT PAST have found the Thailand servers to be very helpful when deciding how to spend event currency.

Apparently, you are stuck back in 2015 or something. I don't know. I honestly don't think you've been playing that long- or long at all for that matter. I think you read, assume, pretend you know what you are talking about, and when proven wrong, argue it to death until the other side just gives up.

DeletedUser29623

Guess what, so should I.

Lesson learned that if you start a discussion with players that do not play that long and think they know all cause they are in IA I need to be more carefull in choosing my words. Will try to keep an eye on that.

I would listen to @JCera over you any time, and I’m pretty sure I’m not alone in that. She obviously understands the game better than you do.

DeletedUser32824

Soccer cup feedback: I'm glad the tholos upgrade popped up as a daily special. I held out and was able to get 4 upgrades starting from scratch to stopping just before my 2nd goal, which will guarantee me a lvl 10 by the end of the event without needing the 6th goal or silver cup (which is 6 goals right now in O world).

By the last day I'll have about 4700 or so drinks to spend on SOK day and am hoping for a good haul!

Overall I think the time I spent on this event will be well worth the rewards. (Doing quests, a bit of math, and waiting)

Agent327

Reminder: You were trying to invalidate the purpose for the Thailand servers. You made a blanket statement about events, which has not been true of the more recent events starting in Winter 2017 (which you apparently feel is in some other time dimension that I assume occurs between present and past since it is definitely not present yet you say it isn't the past). With the exception of this current event, players navigating the events in the RECENT PAST have found the Thailand servers to be very helpful when deciding how to spend event currency.

Thailand servers have no purpose at all till the end of an event. Other than tomorrow's prize a littke ahead, they do not tell you anything. Events didn't start in the Winter of 2017. They started in 2012.

Apparently, you are stuck back in 2015 or something. I don't know. I honestly don't think you've been playing that long- or long at all for that matter. I think you read, assume, pretend you know what you are talking about, and when proven wrong, argue it to death until the other side just gives up.

Good thing you don't or this would go on and on and on.

RazorbackPirate

Thailand servers have no purpose at all till the end of an event. Other than tomorrow's prize a littke ahead, they do not tell you anything.
The purpose of the Thailand server is to host the game in Thailand. So purpose is not the correct term to use here. The correct term would be value.

The value of the Thailand server here, as it relates to Events, is to let us know tomorrow's Daily Special today, almost 12 hours before it actually appears on the U.S. servers.

Funny how you state the value of the Thailand servers to support your argument that they serve no purpose (have no value).
I think you read, assume, pretend you know what you are talking about, and when proven wrong, argue it to death until the other side just gives up.
I think @JCera may be onto something here. I know I'm in full agreement with @Lauramiller

DeletedUser18851

To be fair, you did work really hard, but did you not begin work knowing that the only guaranteed payoff was the quest reward track? If not, what assumptions did you make that lead to your result? Is there a more equitable design solution you think Inno should take with events and would you be willing to share them? Or are you just demanding you get what you feel you are owed?

The assumption I made was that this event would be like the last zillion events of this type, in which the "good" stuff is always offered at the end. Of course I should never assuming anything from a for-profit company, but when they have a track record of doing certain things you start to rely on them. All I'm saying is -- Screw you Inno for screwing this one up.

I wonder how many tens of thousands of clicks I made just so I could get another shot at wishing wells...
You know you sound just like one crazy guy in the beta forum. He got mad because Inno decided to add upgrade into daily after he spent money to get them in live servers. ITS YOUR FAULT TO TAKE BETA AS THE FINAL RESULT. I was too lazy to sign up on the beta forum to laugh at him but I guess I'm lucky here.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:p

You can blow me.

Agent327

The purpose of the Thailand server is to host the game in Thailand. So purpose is not the correct term to use here. The correct term would be value.

No it isn't. It doesn't host the game in Thailand. It offers a platform for Thai speaking people, but even if you don't speak Thai you can still play.

The value of the Thailand server here, as it relates to Events, is to let us know tomorrow's Daily Special today, almost 12 hours before it actually appears on the U.S. servers.

Which is no value at all, until the last days.

Funny how you state the value of the Thailand servers to support your argument that they serve no purpose (have no value).

They serve no purpose (have no value) as far as I am concerned.

I think @JCera may be onto something here. I know I'm in full agreement with @Lauramiller

Can't be surprised by that. He started on the "purpose" of the Thai servers, I just followed that lead. Don't see you correcting him it should be "value".

What's next. I am supposed to show my city in OF and after that you will tell me I took a print of someone else his city? Been there, done that.

Salsuero

No it isn't. It doesn't host the game in Thailand. It offers a platform for Thai speaking people, but even if you don't speak Thai you can still play.

Yes, but where do most people on the planet who speak Thai do so? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say... Thailand. So, it would make the most sense to "host" the server there (even if virtually, the "forced" time zone would be the one most favorable to them).

Which is no value at all, until the last days.

In your opinion. Many of us find it helpful to know what's coming tomorrow, regardless of when that tomorrow falls during an event.

They serve no purpose (have no value) as far as I am concerned.

I'm glad this has been clearly established on all sides now.

What's next. I am supposed to show my city in OF and after that you will tell me I took a print of someone else his city? Been there, done that.

Red herring much?

DeletedUser24719

My only comment on this event, Way too long, and very boring. Being from the US most people could care less about the World Cup or soccer at all its just not our thing. Why not a Super bowl event or a World series event now and again. And please get rid of those stupid historical events!!

RazorbackPirate

My only comment on this event, Way too long, and very boring. Being from the US most people could care less about the World Cup or soccer at all it's just not our thing. Why not a Super bowl event or a World series event now and again. And please get rid of those stupid historical events!!

Most Americans couldn't care less about the World Cup or soccer.

Where were you during Forge Bowl in January?