• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Cup Feedback

DeletedUser32824

In my main, I really couldn't be happier- TWO level 10 ToIs, 5 SoKs, 1 WW, 1 WW shrink kit, 1 extra ToI upgrade, plus various other prizes- no diamonds spent.

I got a level 10 in all cities. Barely in Yorkton- I just got the last upgrade this morning by scoring a goal.
I'm impressed you got 2 lvl 10s! Did you go for the daily special lvl 1 and then just get like 13 upgrades? If so, that's super lucky!

DeletedUser35475

There are US servers where the majority of players are US. Why should we be bored with a sporting themed event noone cares for. And except for the fact that INNO gets to rip u off for six weeks why does this event have to be so long and so damn boring.

Well there certainly was more scoring in our tourney than in the real life one! :D

DeletedUser35475

I'm impressed you got 2 lvl 10s! Did you go for the daily special lvl 1 and then just get like 13 upgrades? If so, that's super lucky!

Don't you know, diamonds are a girls best friend :D;)

Agent327

There are US servers where the majority of players are US. Why should we be bored with a sporting themed event noone cares for.

Probably because the game is global and over 75% of the players were bored with a Forge Bowl event no one cared for. It's payback!

Last edited:

DeletedUser31882

I believe it is scheduled to drop again soon. If my memory serves me (because I'm too lazy at the moment to hunt down the list), it was on the list twice, and very close in succession. So, you may have a shot at redeeming your "goof" should you decide to take it.
You'll get another chance on the 14th.
The ToI Upgrade will be the Daily Special Again on the 14th. SoK will be the DS on the last day of the event, the 16th.

Sheesh, Inno and Ya'll really tried to get me on track, but that weird 'real life' thing distracted me and I goofed again. :rolleyes: Oh well.

Data: 7080 drinks (one LMA world, All quests, hopefully every daily login?). All rolled today for SoKs. Aimed for best Daily special % on players.
Champ(Simon), 700 medals(Kevin), SoK (Billy G), 150 medals (Kevin), Cooperage (Billy G), SoK (Kevin), ornate baths(Aaron), OBS BP (Jack), Academy (Billy G), Longbow Archer (Gary), 40k Supplies (Resource Shot), Upgrade Goal, Imperial Guard (Gary), Victory Tower (Aaron), Imperial Guard (Gary), SoK (Aaron), Academy (Billy G), 350 medals (Kevin), Victory Tower (Aaron), Estate House (Billy G), Color Guard (Simon), 25 of one good (Resource Shot), SoK goal, Waterspout Fountain (Billy G), Ornate Baths (Aaron), Academy (Billy G), SoK (Aaron), Estate House (Billy G), 150 medals (Kevin), Contestants' Estate (Aaron), 25 of one good (Resource Shot), Upgrade goal, SoK (Aaron), Academy (Billy G), 350 medals (Kevin), Waterspout fountain(Billy G), Victory Tower(Aaron), OBS BP(Jack), Estate house(Billy G), SoK (Gary), 40 K coins (Resource shot), upgrade goal, SoK (Aaron), estate house(Billy G), SoK (Kevin), Cooperage (Billy G), 2 BPS (Jack), Contestants' Estate(Aaron), estate house(Billy G), Imperial Guard (Gary), SoK (Resource shot), Wishing Well Goal, Ornate Baths (Aaron over Gary because of chances for Contestants' Estate), 700 Medals (Kevin), Contestants' Estate (Aaron, all according to plan?), 350 medals (Kevin over Billy G, because 450 drinks left and over 50% more ground to hit goal), Victory Tower (Aaron, there's the last minute dud!), 350 medals (Kevin) and lastly 2 FP (Shawn, because 79 drinks and Barry & Billy G are bums).

Grand Totals: 4 Victory Towers, 3 Ornate Baths, 10 SoKs (1 goal 9 RNG blessings), 3 Contestants' Estates, Wishing Well (Goal), 4 Academies (Billy is smert), 2 Cooperage(Cooperrai?) (Billy has a second job), 5 Estate Houses (Billy G has all the money), 2 Waterspout Fountains (Billy G... Y u dew dis?), 3100 medals (Thanks Kevin), Champ, Color Guard, Longbow Archer, 3 Imperial Guards, 40K Supplies & coins, 2 OBS BPs, 2 BPs, 2 FP and 50 goods.

Special Thank you to @amiar for this thread. It enabled me to save brain power in thinking for myself developing my own optimum decision in energy drink expenditure.

But... 9 SoKs ain't too bad for RNG blessings. Assuming I could time travel with the same luck, it looks like I would have easily snagged a level 10 Thanos instead of the Lvl 6 I currently have the ability to plant. Considering my current space, 10 SoKs and a dusty Terrace farm I have ready to plant, I'll have to see how soon I can erect an Innovation Tower to see how much space I have left for it. Lvl 6 gets placed in my 'medium priority' to plant, since 2FP + other stuff seems better than my banked Bazaar & Dock, but may not be as good as the recently completed Palace set . If I'm really 'lucky' I could plant all my FP producers! *Much rejoicing*

I can see why missing out on rolling for Wishing wells for secondary cities would be upsetting. Hopefully the SoKs will help catapult those cities into effective GE farmers, if they are not already there.

Another downside, probably due to my focus on Daily special instead of goal scoring, I ended up with 5.5 goals and am in the amateur league. If I would have snagged 6 goals, I would have made it to bronze. I suppose I could blow 2k Diamonds for more chances at SoKs and to hit the 6th goal, but it would be a big burn if the leagues shifted in the last 13 hours. Not sure 30 FP and a shrink kit is worth it. Time will tell.

End of Feedback: Initiating Socialization protocols.

My only comment on this event, Way too long, and very boring. Being from the US most people could care less about the World Cup or soccer at all its just not our thing. Why not a Super bowl event or a World series event now and again. And please multiply the amount of historical events!! They please me greatly and give moderate to wonderful prizes for dedicated players.

Whoa! What a great suggestion!

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2018_Forge_Bowl_Event

Ohhhhh.... That's where I got my Pillar of Heroes from... *Attempts to turn off the snark failed miserably*

I agree, I consider soccer a plague upon mankind that should be purged with fire and I'd love to see a baseball-themed event, but I also understand that there are a lot of non-US players and most of them couldn't care less about baseball. Just roll with it.

Jeebus, what did soccer do to you and yours? :p

I just can't believe that I'm going to play this entire event start to finish and still only come in bronze because I didn't pay for it

I can't believe that you can't believe it. Comes with the territory of Freemium. Since this seems like a 'new and exciting' thing Inno is trying out (Unless someone told me it wasn't earlier and I've completely mind-blanked myself on that), I expect them to refine it going forward in events. That's assuming the revenue spike a bit more than other events due to wallet warrior competition. That being said... I would like to see the ability of F2P players to hit Silver. But with 5 leagues, it makes sense that hobby-bronze would be the realm of F2P peeps while leaving the top two leagues to wallet warriors. I suppose Silver league is possible on my world for players who run an extensive WW/GE farming empire(Currently 7-20 goals). *shrugs*

tl;dr: I'd like more prizes, but I think Silver/gold leagues were designed for wallet warriors/diamond hoarders from the start.

Did I end up going too off-topic with this rant here? I might've.

Almost, Easy way to pull it back is to wrap up your conclusion with the event pattern you see. I liked the idea of Inno creating mutli-production buildings in the tech tree. Just make it 'inferior', space wise, to event buildings but it allows super casual players to produce 1 fp per day. I suppose the downside there is, more chances for players to quit from having their 24hr 1FP plundered. *shrugs*

related to the game itself the biggest single market revenue for this game is US based @25%. And here I'll site my source to backup my claim;

@5:17

Added Data from source material:
North American Mobile Market = $8.3 Billion*
European Mobile Market = $6.2 Billion*
*Numbers are fuzzy on my screen, feel free to correct me if mine are way off

Biggest market: 25% U.S.; followed by Germany 15%+ and France 10%+. So, 25/25 Split out the gate with less than 50% unaccounted for. Is Canada a big consumer of 'American' Football? Or are they more aligned with regular football, er, 'Soccer'? Are we also assuming all U.S./Canadian citizens only consume American Football and all European citizens only soccer? Small Data point: Video Source mentioned Inno Employees at a soccer stadium. So there's probably an additional bias from the home country of Inno at play, regardless of the exact numbers.

Double Regardless, I have to align more with Agent in the argument of "Which sport is more important and should be focused on". Although, based on available information, BOTH sports should have ample fans to capitalize on the big sporting events and spur spending. Even if the the remaining unknown 50% favors one demographic over another, I think we can safely assume any demographic greater than 33% would be worth tapping into. I also assume the 'event marketing' team has an easier job when they can ride any big sporting event to attract new players, convert current players or recapture old players. Especially now that Inno has a big portfolio of 'special athletic buildings' to tap into. Hopefully that means Victory towers will eventually be upgraded into a unique form or bumped down in their percent chance of being obtained.

Tertiary regardless, Rugby is pretty brutal, but Calcio Storico is the real, really, real test for testosterone heavy males needing to beat their chest to show off how manly they are. Or something.

Ending Socialization. Returning to The Pit.

DeletedUser26965

Biggest market: 25% U.S
Right, my point in pointing that out is a pretty simple one. If you ever watch The Profit, you'll see the principle play out on that show where it's quite an easy choice to eliminate the smaller revenue and profit margin stuff out of a given business and focus/expand on the higher revenue/margin stuff. There's lots of ways I can say the same essential thing. Point remains, the good ol' U.S. of A. rules the day!

upload_2018-7-16_15-44-4.jpegupload_2018-7-16_15-44-39.jpeg

DeletedUser31592

Don't you know, diamonds are a girls best friend :D;)

Reading comprehension is also your friend. I'll bold the part you missed:

In my main, I really couldn't be happier- TWO level 10 ToIs, 5 SoKs, 1 WW, 1 WW shrink kit, 1 extra ToI upgrade, plus various other prizes- no diamonds spent.

I got a level 10 in all cities. Barely in Yorkton- I just got the last upgrade this morning by scoring a goal.

DeletedUser31592

I hadn't spent any spent any diamonds before the ToI upgrade was available. I ended up being really lucky. Won 8 upgrades and still had about 4500 drinks left. So, I decided to go for more. Got another 10. So then I went for a level 1 ToI. Got it in one shot. So I blew the rest on SoKs today- won 4 (plus the one I got for a goal earlier).
Just luck.

In Yorkton with the Forge Bowl, I got two fully upgraded POHs. Yet with this event, I barely got a level 10- got it today when I scored a goal.

DeletedUser35475

I use them too. I used a lot in this event.

The only waste of diamonds is not using them for something!

Freshmeboy

Hmmmm...in the final shuffle, while I slept, I dropped to Bronze with (yup) 54 drinks left and 4 yards to go. Didn't hedge my bet and spend 400 diamonds for an extra 50 fps and the last upgrade.....That cost me one fp in perpituity. My mistake....

DeletedUser9555

The Soccer Cup in Forge of Empires will end on July 16th.

As always, your feedback is very important for us, so don't forget to comment in this thread.
We hope you enjoy our new event!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

Announcement located HERE!
Enjoyed the event, but was not happy after seeing the rewards were taken back, after 80% of the event is over. Not sure how, you can start an event without knowing the reward structure works. If anything start small and add rewards. Not take back what you have given.

RazorbackPirate

Enjoyed the event, but was not happy after seeing the rewards were taken back, after 80% of the event is over. Not sure how, you can start an event without knowing the reward structure works. If anything start small and add rewards. Not take back what you have given.

There were no rewards taken back. Everyone got the rewards they earned during the event. The structure of the Leagues and rewards was known before the event began and clearly communicated up front. The fact that YOU didn't know how the reward structure worked is not the fault of Inno. Was anything removed from your inventory? No? Then nothing was given and nothing was taken away.

Your name showing up in a higher league at some point during the event is irrelevant. Just like your name being in a reward spot on a GB. Face it, you got sniped out of a league by people who scored more goals.

DeletedUser30312

Not bad in the end. I only scored Amateur, but I got enough upgrades for a level 10 Tholos in my main city, and shrunk 5 Wishing Wells in my main alt. Satisfied with the result. This even was about on par with Forge Bowl, which still leaves Carnival as this year's worst event overall.