• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2018- statistical strategy for getting a high lvl Tholos sans diamonds

DeletedUser32824

The following will be a strategy guide for achieving the highest level Tholos possible without the use of diamonds in the soccer 2018 event. In Beta there were no daily specials that were Tholos upgrades, so for this guide we will focus on goal scoring as the only means to getting a high level Tholos.

From where can we get upgrades?
lvl. 1: complete 2 quests
lvl. 2: complete 11 quests
lvl. 3: complete 65 quests
lvl. 4: goal 1
lvl. 5: goal 3
lvl. 6: goal 4
lvl. 7: goal 6
lvl. 8: silver/gold league at end of event
To my knowledge, the only way to get more upgrades is to score more goals. Let's take a look at how many goals a non-diamond user will be able to get, on average.

The regular user will receive 6920 energy drinks throughout the event. With that finite amount of drinks, lets see how many goals we can get. There are 10 players of varying efficiency for goal scoring. Gold players move 3 yards, silver 2, and bronze 1. So we take their cost and divide it out in energy drinks per yard, then multiply that by the 20 yards it takes to score a goal to get a total drinks/goal per player.

Here is a list of the players by goal efficiency and how many drinks it would take using only that one player for an entire goal

1. Frank (S): 940
  2. Billy (G): 974
  3. Barry (S): 1030
  4. Joe (G): 1067
  5. Shawn (L): 1140
  6. Jack (S): 1240
  7. Aaron (G): 1340
  8. Gary (B): 1380
  9. Simon (B): 1520
  10. Kevin (B): 1700
The next thing we need to look at is that once you have traveled 20 yards, you then have to use a player to score a goal. For this reason it would be wisest to use the cheapest player available, which would be the bronze player. One must also consider that if one is at 19 yards, it would be wisest to choose the bronze player as well, since they are the cheapest way to travel 1 yard. This goal scoring business makes the calculations a bit difficult.

Here is a list of the average amount of goals you would score using only gold, silver, or bronze players. This is calculated without the goal scoring cost factored in, so total goals would be slightly lower than what's listed below.

Gold: 6.19
Silver: 6.46
Bronze: 4.8
So, if you choose the most efficient players in the beginning, keeping close track of your yardage, adjusting accordingly and choosing a bronze player to shoot the goal, you should easily be able to score 6 goals in this event.

At the moment it seems impossible to get a lvl 10 Tholos without using diamonds. The only way that this would become possible is if there is a daily special that offers Tholos upgrades.

So what should you do?
With the current system I would save up all your energy drinks for about 20 days of the event and wait for a daily special you like, whether it's WW shrink kits or SOKs. You're going to be scoring a couple daily specials while you go for goals, even though most of the players offer a 10% chance or less. Then, start blasting through some goals, keeping track of yards and using the most efficient players. Save up drinks again for a daily special in the last 2 or 3 days and repeat. Hopefully this gets you at least 5 or 6 goals, and maybe even silver/gold league.

IF you want to be like me and hope tholos upgrades will be offered as daily specials, hoard your energy drinks until Tholos is offered and then the best strategy might be to choose only the players with high daily special ranges (as was the case in the FOE bowl event). If that's the case you would get at least 4 goals (5 is a WW) and probably not make it into silver/gold league and thus would have to recoup those 2 upgrade with DS upgrades, which is totally possible.

Here is a reference for best Daily Special players, just in case ;) This is calculated by dividing the % chance by the cost. This is listed as number of Energy Drinks per 1% of special chance. (lower is better)

1. Kevin (B): 5.7 (15%)
  2. Gary (B): 6.9 (10%)
  3. Billy (G): 7.1 (20%)
  4. Simon (B): 7.6 (10%)
  5. Shawn (L): 8.1 (7%)
  6. Jack (S): 8.3 (15%)
  7. Barry (S): 10.3 (10%)
  8. Frank (S): 13.4 (7%)
  9. Aaron (G): 13.4 (15%)
  10. Joe (G): 16 (10%)

We can see here that choosing the bronze player is almost always best. It should be noted that Billy (G) is the overall best player as he offers a high special chance (20%) and a high goal to drink ratio and should probably be chosen whenever possible. I would avoid choosing a 7% chance player at all costs and would lean toward a 15% over a 10% even if they were a tiny bit more expensive. I would choose Jack over Shawn all day because Shawn has half the chance for a slight discount.

Finally, I welcome all productive/constructive discussion on how to achieve the highest level Tholos without using diamonds.

Freshmeboy

Well done here....I too, looked at the numbers and decided that goals scored was the key. It's no surprise that the players with the best odds at good prizes are also the least effective in moving the ball on a yard/energy drink ratio. Ultimately, players must decide to either use the best advancement pitchmen or take a shot at the prizes to complete the upgrade to high levels. I sincerely doubt many will get the full upgrade without diamond usage unless the upgrades are awarded as a daily special and I have yet to see anything about those specials in Beta. Again, a fine job here Amiar, and good luck to all...

ODragon

FWIW, with less than 2000 drinks I was able to score 4 WW Shink Kits doing optimal daily, not optimal Goal Reward. If I were to do the same when the Tholos Upgrade was the daily special, I would be golden.

There is still a decent amount of time for me to get a 3rd+ goal.

DeletedUser32824

FWIW, with less than 2000 drinks I was able to score 4 WW Shink Kits doing optimal daily, not optimal Goal Reward. If I were to do the same when the Tholos Upgrade was the daily special, I would be golden.

There is still a decent amount of time for me to get a 3rd+ goal.
I'm starting to think that if tholos isn't offered as a daily special I might just go full blown SOK and just take the goal upgrades I get. I know they take more roads, but I think it's worth.

DeletedUser31882

I always enjoy reading these breakdowns.

The FoE Bowl one helped me secure my lvl7 PoH!

I'll hold my breath to see if Inno cracks and makes the upgrade a daily special, but if they win the game of chicken, I think I'll go after the boring SoKs over the shrink kits. If I was on top of my secondary cities, they'd be all over those shrink kits.

Anywho, Thanks again for the informative post.

DeletedUser32824

I always enjoy reading these breakdowns.

The FoE Bowl one helped me secure my lvl7 PoH!

I'll hold my breath to see if Inno cracks and makes the upgrade a daily special, but if they win the game of chicken, I think I'll go after the boring SoKs over the shrink kits. If I was on top of my secondary cities, they'd be all over those shrink kits.

Anywho, Thanks again for the informative post.
You're welcome! I was actually able to use the skeleton of my FOE bowl spreadsheet, and it's basically the same event, to some extent. I'm looking forward to actually playing it, because, up to this point I've just been hoarding energy drinks in the hopes that tholos will pop as a daily special. If not I'll be playing a lot of soccer one afternoon! It will be kind of nice to either upgrade my tholos and/or win some SOKs. I do always love a good city rearrangement.

DeletedUser32389

I appreciate the breakdown, any word on weather or not the upgrade kits will be offered as a daily prize? They weren't on the beta list...

Agent327

I appreciate the breakdown, any word on weather or not the upgrade kits will be offered as a daily prize? They weren't on the beta list...

That rather indicates never don't you think? Unless they change their mind ofcourse and in that case no one can answer this.

DeletedUser34848

The following will be a strategy guide for achieving the highest level Tholos possible without the use of diamonds in the soccer 2018 event. In Beta there were no daily specials that were Tholos upgrades, so for this guide we will focus on goal scoring as the only means to getting a high level Tholos.

From where can we get upgrades?
lvl. 1: complete 2 quests
lvl. 2: complete 11 quests
lvl. 3: complete 65 quests
lvl. 4: goal 1
lvl. 5: goal 3
lvl. 6: goal 4
lvl. 7: goal 6
lvl. 8: silver/gold league at end of event
To my knowledge, the only way to get more upgrades is to score more goals. Let's take a look at how many goals a non-diamond user will be able to get, on average.

The regular user will receive 6920 energy drinks throughout the event. With that finite amount of drinks, lets see how many goals we can get. There are 10 players of varying efficiency for goal scoring. Gold players move 3 yards, silver 2, and bronze 1. So we take their cost and divide it out in energy drinks per yard, then multiply that by the 20 yards it takes to score a goal to get a total drinks/goal per player.

Here is a list of the players by goal efficiency and how many drinks it would take using only that one player for an entire goal

1. Frank (S): 940
  2. Billy (G): 974
  3. Barry (S): 1030
  4. Joe (G): 1067
  5. Shawn (L): 1140
  6. Jack (S): 1240
  7. Aaron (G): 1340
  8. Gary (B): 1380
  9. Simon (B): 1520
  10. Kevin (B): 1700
The next thing we need to look at is that once you have traveled 20 yards, you then have to use a player to score a goal. For this reason it would be wisest to use the cheapest player available, which would be the bronze player. One must also consider that if one is at 19 yards, it would be wisest to choose the bronze player as well, since they are the cheapest way to travel 1 yard. This goal scoring business makes the calculations a bit difficult.

Here is a list of the average amount of goals you would score using only gold, silver, or bronze players. This is calculated without the goal scoring cost factored in, so total goals would be slightly lower than what's listed below.

Gold: 6.19
Silver: 6.46
Bronze: 4.8
So, if you choose the most efficient players in the beginning, keeping close track of your yardage, adjusting accordingly and choosing a bronze player to shoot the goal, you should easily be able to score 6 goals in this event.

At the moment it seems impossible to get a lvl 10 Tholos without using diamonds. The only way that this would become possible is if there is a daily special that offers Tholos upgrades.

So what should you do?
With the current system I would save up all your energy drinks for about 20 days of the event and wait for a daily special you like, whether it's WW shrink kits or SOKs. You're going to be scoring a couple daily specials while you go for goals, even though most of the players offer a 10% chance or less. Then, start blasting through some goals, keeping track of yards and using the most efficient players. Save up drinks again for a daily special in the last 2 or 3 days and repeat. Hopefully this gets you at least 5 or 6 goals, and maybe even silver/gold league.

IF you want to be like me and hope tholos upgrades will be offered as daily specials, hoard your energy drinks until Tholos is offered and then the best strategy might be to choose only the players with high daily special ranges (as was the case in the FOE bowl event). If that's the case you would get at least 4 goals (5 is a WW) and probably not make it into silver/gold league and thus would have to recoup those 2 upgrade with DS upgrades, which is totally possible.

Here is a reference for best Daily Special players, just in case ;) This is calculated by dividing the % chance by the cost. This is listed as number of Energy Drinks per 1% of special chance. (lower is better)

1. Kevin (B): 5.7 (15%)
  2. Gary (B): 6.9 (10%)
  3. Billy (G): 7.1 (20%)
  4. Simon (B): 7.6 (10%)
  5. Shawn (L): 8.1 (7%)
  6. Jack (S): 8.3 (15%)
  7. Barry (S): 10.3 (10%)
  8. Frank (S): 13.4 (7%)
  9. Aaron (G): 13.4 (15%)
  10. Joe (G): 16 (10%)

We can see here that choosing the bronze player is almost always best. It should be noted that Billy (G) is the overall best player as he offers a high special chance (20%) and a high goal to drink ratio and should probably be chosen whenever possible. I would avoid choosing a 7% chance player at all costs and would lean toward a 15% over a 10% even if they were a tiny bit more expensive. I would choose Jack over Shawn all day because Shawn has half the chance for a slight discount.

Finally, I welcome all productive/constructive discussion on how to achieve the highest level Tholos without using diamonds.

DeletedUser32824

Does anyone know if upgrades can be obtained after goal 6?
I believe it can be (someone in O world has scored 95 goals). I think people are getting multiple Tholos buildings. It doesn't have it on the wiki page, but it might be in the comments. You can always check out the wiki page here.

DeletedUser32824

It looks like the Gold league will be pretty impossible to get into for any non-diamond spenders. Silver could be sketchy by the end of the event, so I don't know if I could count on a Tholos upgrade coming from that.

O world silver is 4-9 right now, which is doable, but I don't know once everyone who is hoarding drinks spends them in the next week or 2.

So level 7 will be the highest guaranteed Tholos for non-diamond spenders, with 8 being possible with silver league (and no daily specials).

DeletedUser26965

possible with silver league
pretty sure that's not gonna happen, in Beta it ended with players needing 7 goals for bronze, 9 goals for silver, 19 goals for gold and one guy got 354 goals lol.

DeletedUser35475

I can't imagine how many diamonds it took to get 354 goals! I know that's way over my card limit.:eek::eek:

DeletedUser26965

I can't imagine how many diamonds it took to get 354 goals! I know that's way over my card limit.:eek::eek:
Someone on Z already has that beat. Here's the top 4 so far;

Z 423
G 309
P 278
R 229

The last day will be the biggest change though I'm sure for what league you'll end up in so I wouldn't even bother looking till then lol.

DeletedUser35475

Someone on Z already has that beat. Here's the top 4 so far;

Z 423
G 309
P 278
R 229

The last day will be the biggest change though I'm sure for what league you'll end up in so I wouldn't even bother looking till then lol.

If you can get 7 or 8 without diamonds then to get an additional 415 goals would take ten of thousands of diamonds even if you bought them with the energy drink bonus. I wouldn't want to pay that bill!

Freshmeboy

Wow...my experience has been, while using the best possible players, each goal requires slightly less than 1100 energy drinks...that player in Z has a deep deep DEEP commitment in this game....