• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pippen Pippen

At the start of the event I was completing several quests a day and it was somewhat fun, but then, with just 7 quests to go, the game suddenly only allowed one quest each day. I have 4 to go to finish the complete line but it keeps throttling back so now I only have 3 days to do it. What gives with that?

Nicholas002

At the start of the event I was completing several quests a day and it was somewhat fun, but then, with just 7 quests to go, the game suddenly only allowed one quest each day. I have 4 to go to finish the complete line but it keeps throttling back so now I only have 3 days to do it. What gives with that?
As with all events, there are rush quests, and daily quests.
the first 34 quests were rush quests, which means you can complete them immediately, as soon as the event starts.
the remaining quests are daily quests, meaning you can only complete one each day. (if you don't catch up with the daily quests on day 1, they stack up, and act as rush quests until you catch up with the daily quests)

So you seem to have just caught up with the daily quests, and will get 1 each day, until the event ends.

-Chen-

Honest question about the polishing/motivation order of things.

Is Inno purposely throwing the hippodrome out there as red meat to placate the 'plunder' segment of the player base? I ask cuz if it's not intentional, then there is a serious glitch in the aid priority algorithm, which I have read is supposed to go by certain criteria. I thought I noticed it seemed off since I first put down the hippodrome, so I made it a point to try and keep track after the last time I collected from it. During a 24 hour period, literally everything in my city other than a few old production buildings got aid (many things twice) while both ends of the hippodrome sat unmotivated.

Like I said in a previous post, it's not a huge deal to me, since even if for some reason it doesn't end up motivated, I always collect the things I deem important enough on time, it just seems like a pretty messed up way to operate, and if it's intentional, they should at least come out and say that's how it is. If it's not intentional, they should fix it.
If they already have come out and said as much, and I just haven't seen it, then I apologize in advance.

Agent327

Is Inno purposely throwing the hippodrome out there as red meat to placate the 'plunder' segment of the player base? I ask cuz if it's not intentional, then there is a serious glitch in the aid priority algorithm, which I have read is supposed to go by certain criteria. I thought I noticed it seemed off since I first put down the hippodrome, so I made it a point to try and keep track after the last time I collected from it. During a 24 hour period, literally everything in my city other than a few old production buildings got aid (many things twice) while both ends of the hippodrome sat unmotivated.

Then the question arises, CAN they be motivated?

Like I said in a previous post, it's not a huge deal to me, since even if for some reason it doesn't end up motivated, I always collect the things I deem important enough on time, it just seems like a pretty messed up way to operate, and if it's intentional, they should at least come out and say that's how it is. If it's not intentional, they should fix it.
If they already have come out and said as much, and I just haven't seen it, then I apologize in advance.

What does the description tell you?

-Chen-

Then the question arises, CAN they be motivated?
Obviously, since they had been before, just lower on the priority list for reasons I wasn't positive on

What does the description tell you?

The more detailed description on the fandom page (which I admittedly should have checked first) makes it clear that I was right in my assumption about it being done purposely to help the plunderers, and that in the end, the moral of the story is people better make sure they make their collections of the important stuff on time the way I do, or they're going to lose a lot of good stuff.

As a side note, there aren't a lot of habitual and dedicated plunderers in my neighborhood, but from taking notice of the habits of the few there are, I can say that I really wish I had their free time. I have access to a computer or phone most of the day, but I just couldn't picture myself not getting frightfully bored with spending the kind of time that must be necessary to peruse multiple cities, day after day, looking for and trying to figure out the best times to steal their stuff. I'd think it would be easier to just get better at producing stuff yourself. Especially with someone like me, where the best they get is a few hundred coins from one of my mansions.

To each their own though, I suppose.

Agent327

Obviously, since they had been before, just lower on the priority list for reasons I wasn't positive on

The more detailed description on the fandom page (which I admittedly should have checked first) makes it clear that I was right in my assumption about it being done purposely to help the plunderers, and that in the end, the moral of the story is people better make sure they make their collections of the important stuff on time the way I do, or they're going to lose a lot of good stuff.

As a side note, there aren't a lot of habitual and dedicated plunderers in my neighborhood, but from taking notice of the habits of the few there are, I can say that I really wish I had their free time. I have access to a computer or phone most of the day, but I just couldn't picture myself not getting frightfully bored with spending the kind of time that must be necessary to peruse multiple cities, day after day, looking for and trying to figure out the best times to steal their stuff. I'd think it would be easier to just get better at producing stuff yourself. Especially with someone like me, where the best they get is a few hundred coins from one of my mansions.

To each their own though, I suppose.

I really wonder what you are reading and how you read it.

"The Hippodrome Carceres provides population, happiness and produces coins in 24 hours. Depending on the buildings level additional resources like, medals forge points and goods are added to the production. The coin production is doubled upon motivation"

Only coins are doubled, so that makes it very low on priority. Nothing wrong with the aiding algoritm in this case as you claim.

I could quote the Sphendonme, but that reads exactly the same.

Has it been done to help the plunderers? That is your assumption, but several event buildings before this work in the same way, so I seriously doubt that.

Agent327

By the way, I said in my reply that after reading the detailed description that it obviously wasn't a mistake in the algorithm...you twerp, so maybe work on your own reading comprehension issues

You did not even use the word "algorithm" in your reply (you can read back if you want to), but fine by me. What you did do was continue to state that it was done purposely to aid the plunderers, what also isn't the case. If me trying to tell you how it actually works is such a problem for you I will stop.

Feel free to not answer any of my posts in the future, just busy yourself with your strong suits, like policing for naughty language, or the abbreviations for it, or deleting the posts that prove you wrong. I mean whatever would we all do if one of those naughty word abbreviations ever slipped through, let alone the full ones every kid in junior high school hears every day? You're my true hero!!

Thanks for appreciating what I do. That means a lot to me.

I don’t mind them. I personally have looked at the tournament as just a way to pick up a few extra rewards - I’ll put it this way: I’d rather have the event as it is than have the tournament removed. As for getting into silver league - well without spending diamonds that’s difficult no matter what your luck with the tournament matches are. I try not to worry too much about it. After all, events are just a bunch of free rewards in a free to play game.

If it’s that bad, you can just stop playing the event today. Nobody is forcing you to continue.

Ok, fair enough. Although "I don't mind them" is hardly a ringing endorsement.

And getting into silver isn't the issue. I don't care about silver. I care about spending all that time finishing the entire event and not having a maxed building. I understand Inno never promised us anything of the sort but I still think it's not right to have your customers spend tons of time and not at least get a maxed building.

We know the pay to play players (and I thank them for their contribution so us small time spenders can play for minimal or no cost!) will get their multiple buildings so why not throw your base a bone and let them get just 1 maxed building instead of having to wait 1 full year.

As far as stop playing the event...that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. I get rewards for playing, so I play.

Inno asks for feedback and I give it.

ffblackice

How to determine which league I belong to? By the energy drink I spent, or by the ranking in the tournament? Thanks.

Agent327

And getting into silver isn't the issue. I don't care about silver. I care about spending all that time finishing the entire event and not having a maxed building. I understand Inno never promised us anything of the sort but I still think it's not right to have your customers spend tons of time and not at least get a maxed building.

Actually it is possible to get a maxed building if that is what you want. It is however not possible to get a maxed building and also go for the daily prizes you want. You have to make a choice. If you want a maxed building you need to pick the players that give the best distance/cost ratio and just hope for the daily prizes.

Farfle the smelly

Actually it is possible to get a maxed building if that is what you want. It is however not possible to get a maxed building and also go for the daily prizes you want. You have to make a choice. If you want a maxed building you need to pick the players that give the best distance/cost ratio and just hope for the daily prizes.
Even though we have all experienced that those team cards % don’t really count for much? Picking players has been a waste of time on my end. It hasn’t changed my winning ratio one iota. That’s why I eventually gave up and just kept the default players AND went for the top tier game, regardless of my % ‘chance to win’. I win just as often as I did in the middle bracket. I just win more if I do win.

Farfle the smelly

And for what it’s worth, Agent, every time you post I picture you as Varys from GOT. He was always a fantastic snark. Maybe this will help others who only see the negative. Good snark is an art form!

Nicholas002

You are wrong. In this event the players that are most efficient for the DS are also most efficient for distance.

edit: it absolutely is possible because I will do it. I got 14 tracks from dailies, and may get more still. I also will fully upgrade both ends without using diamonds.

Emily Cortano

Emily: In your screenshot we can see your town hall. It is an LMA (Late Middle Ages) town hall. But when I look at forge-db.com it looks like your only GB is a level 5 Oracle. And you are in LMA without even having the 5 goods needed to do this simple negotiation.
You have made the classic newbie mistake of rushing through the ages without building up your city and resources. When you do that, you can't complete events. There is nothing unfair about it. Stop trying to get to the next age as quickly as you can. Start working on building up your city so you have the resources you need, and build the basic GBs that everyone needs to be successful.
There will be another event soon. Will you city be ready for it? Or will you come back and say things are not fair? It's your choice.
I'm not sure what a GB is. I don't rush. I just get the goods, complete the tasks and move on. This is already lost in translation so it doesn't matter because the creators of this game do not read comments and do not reply so they're useless. The only people responding are the mods and the players, - ones who just have opinions but cant actually change nor implement anything in the game. Wasn't a bad idea to add a skip button.. that's all because you guys don't think. A player gets frustrated because they cant progress. Say if they could skip and progress then they're no longer frustrated and thus are more prone to spend money on the game as opposed to the frustrated player, they will not. A simple yet effective option would go a long way. I would of spent money. It all adds up in the end but like I said, no true meaningful person will ever read this,.. just the majority will...

Agent327

Even though we have all experienced that those team cards % don’t really count for much? Picking players has been a waste of time on my end. It hasn’t changed my winning ratio one iota. That’s why I eventually gave up and just kept the default players AND went for the top tier game, regardless of my % ‘chance to win’. I win just as often as I did in the middle bracket. I just win more if I do win.

Tournament and player cards have nothing to do with the chance of getting the main buildings.

And for what it’s worth, Agent, every time you post I picture you as Varys from GOT. He was always a fantastic snark. Maybe this will help others who only see the negative. Good snark is an art form!

Darn, I wanted to be Daario Naharis :(

You are wrong. In this event the players that are most efficient for the DS are also most efficient for distance.

edit: it absolutely is possible because I will do it. I got 14 tracks from dailies, and may get more still. I also will fully upgrade both ends without using diamonds.

DS most efficient is always the longest distance with 15%. Most efficient for the main prize usually is the middle distance that only has a 10% DS chance.

Lady Gato

Snip
It all adds up in the end but like I said, no true meaningful person will ever read this,.. just the majority will...

LOL I was one of the players who initially responded to your comment and disagreed with you even though I am a noob like you. GB means great buildings. I realized in the very beginning of playing this game that it was way more complex than I expected, so I came to the forum and read the articles and asked for advice. The advice you got was very similar to the advice I got - slow down and build your city because it only gets harder the farther you get in this game. If you continue with rushing then you will quit in frustration because the game becomes unplayable. FOE is like chess - you can't skip ahead when it gets hard, you have to learn how to play the game.

FYI - from one of those unmeaningful people.

Nicholas002

DS most efficient is always the longest distance with 15%. Most efficient for the main prize usually is the middle distance that only has a 10% DS chance.
If you would use a certain third party tool which calculates ds and distance efficiency of the players, you would see that the most ds efficient player is always the most distance efficient player as well. Or you could just do the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.