• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackPirate

way too complicated for me
Congratulations. You've made this event as complicated as people and computers working together can make it. I may play it, but I can't spend any diamonds on it because I don't understand everything. I don't think making the effort to learn all that is worth the bother. Soccer is such a simple, clean. straightforward game and you've turned it into 3D Chess.
I'm scratching my head at these comments. It's the same mechanism as Forge Bowl with an optional, mini game added on. A mini game as complex as Rock/Paper/Scissors.

Last edited by a moderator:

CDmark

FOE Cup 2020 Section 1: Event buildings
OK, there are 2 of them, Hippodromes, Carceres (3x4) and Sphendone (4x4).
Carceres (C) gives 6 FP, 15 goods, and attacking army defense, medals
Sphendone (S) gives 8 FP, 15 goods, city defense attack bonus, supplies

So, which is better? I would say C is better. Both give you 0.5 FP/tile, C gives you a few more goods per tile, but C gives you attacking defense. S helps your units that defend your city, small potatoes in the game. You will never get enough attack/defense to protect your city from attackers and plunderers so don’t waste the space for it, just collect on time, it is the best defense. Now, let’s analyze C a little more and it is simple. If you have an Olympic Treasury, C is actually better on a per tile basis, FP and defense, equal for goods. So for me, Carceres will be the building I put up, of the 2. Now the interesting part, how to get them.

Each event building will require 6 levels to be complete, Level 1 plus 5 upgrades.
Questline C-L1, S-up, C-up, Hippodrome selection kit
The hippodrome selection kit has everything, L1, C and S, upgrades for C and S, all 3 tracks (tracks discussed later. So, it is one stop shopping, think Super Walmart.

Grand prizes via goals
By completing the quests, all of them (also needed for above), you should get 9330 energy drinks. The first 8 goals will give you
S-L1, 2 S-ups, 2 C ups
This brings you to L4 C and L4 S, one hippo selection kit. The 10th goal is a C-up, but it will require more energy drinks. Incidents will be the best way to get more and the only way with no diamonds. If you are on the FOE newsletter, they will send you some, a gift, only applies to one player if you have multiple worlds. You can try to optimize how you play the soccer game (training) but that might affect getting specials. So, let’s assume you can’t get it that way. Currently, if you place in Amateur League, you will get 1 Hippo Selection kit. This is how you will get L6 Carceres, no diamonds. A L5 Carceres has no defense bonus, so it is L6 or nothing, for most. L5 Carceres is 4 FP, 3x4, ok for new players, better than SoKs.

How to get S to L6? Well, if you don’t want C at L6, then the hippodrome selection kits will do it, again, no diamonds. But can you get both to L6, no diamonds? Very tough to do. You would need to get a 10th goal, the C-up and place in the Silver league. If you get lucky with incidents, you can get a 10th goal. I say luck but you can influence the luck, collect every incident all the time, more chances. But, usually to get to Silver league will require diamonds, that is typically how these events work. BUT, you can do very well in the tournament but it would be luck again. All the above, is simple, luck if you don’t spend diamonds. Few will have it, very few will have both luck in the energy drinks and tournament.

I am breaking apart the analysis of this event, there is a lot of information. But, I don't see it as a lot more work, like the St Paddy's event. Basically, the time for tournament play is pressing a button, it's not like you have to watch an actual soccer match (click it, and result). You have limited tickets, 30 from the quests. So there you have it, 30 clicks and you are done with the tournament, unless you purchase more tickets.
NOTE: The information was gathered over the past few weeks from here and there :). I don't anticipate Inno changing anything on this part of the event.

Reese7990

The mini game is a bit more complex than rock/paper/scissors. First you must collect player cards, then determine what combination of player cards to use. Then decide what level of opponent to match up against. There is also a timing aspect of when to challenge as waiting for certain timing equals better results.

While none of these are extremely complicated, it is far more envolved then just selecting a coach bonus and picking what player you want to kick too like in the previous events, not so different than the forge bowl.

In beta players struggled..so it seems this is not just a simple mini game or more would have been successful at it.

Lady Gato

The mini game is a bit more complex than rock/paper/scissors. First you must collect player cards, then determine what combination of player cards to use. Then decide what level of opponent to match up against. There is also a timing aspect of when to challenge as waiting for certain timing equals better results.

This will be my first time at FOE soccer - can you explain the "timing aspect" a bit more? Will there be a tutorial as part of the beginning of the Event?

Reese7990

This will be my first time at FOE soccer - can you explain the "timing aspect" a bit more? Will there be a tutorial as part of the beginning of the Event?

If you go onto youtube and look up FOE Hints. Hes a German fellow who does a fabulous job breaking down the events. I usually have to rewatch a few times to catch everything. But search for his FoE Soccer Event 2020 and he explains the timing aspect of the tournaments in the 2nd part of the event. This part is new, so I cannot give you personal experience, just his knowledge.

Lankybrit

I don't really like the fact it has multiple buildings, but how can I resist. All those goodies for my fighting worlds, and some great stuff for my leveling up worlds. How the heck can I fit 8x4 into all of them though? (Assumes 3 tracks)

Reese7990

To summarise the timing aspect. Matches played later in the week against teams with higher player points are worth significantly more than the matches early in the week. So it is recommended to only play daily what is necessary to gain more tickets, but to save those tickets to use at the end of the week to maximize your points and get better rewards.

Lady Gato

If you go onto youtube and look up FOE Hints. Hes a German fellow who does a fabulous job breaking down the events. I usually have to rewatch a few times to catch everything. But search for his FoE Soccer Event 2020 and he explains the timing aspect of the tournaments in the 2nd part of the event. This part is new, so I cannot give you personal experience, just his knowledge.
Thanks I will do so.

DeletedUser36749

i mean do you all want brain-dead bot minigames that are no challenge, dont require thought, and is just click for reward?
i personally enjoy challenges, and this event was challenging in beta, so im looking forward to the challenge on live.
if you dont like how complicated the event is, do 2 things.
1. go gain a few IQ points then come back and enjoy the event
2. dont bother playing it
simple as that

Last edited by a moderator:

Lady Gato

To summarise the timing aspect. Matches played later in the week against teams with higher player points are worth significantly more than the matches early in the week. So it is recommended to only play daily what is necessary to gain more tickets, but to save those tickets to use at the end of the week to maximize your points and get better rewards.
Ok - got it :)

Nicholas002

This was true on beta (in fact using this strategy foe hints got in gold league without using diamonds!)

however, I heard a rumor that the“league-weeks” were ditched, so this strat will not work for the live servers? Not sure if it is true or not...

CDmark

This was true on beta (in fact using this strategy foe hints got in gold league without using diamonds!)

however, I heard a rumor that the“league-weeks” were ditched, so this strat will not work for the live servers? Not sure if it is true or not...
Correct, that is one part of the video that has changed. I am not saying this bcs I know something special, I just read the release and it says
"Every time you win a tournament match you earn Ranking Points which will determine your global ranking and will move you up the League Table. With higher ranking comes better rewards! At the end of the event you will receive additional special rewards based on your league. You can view which league you are in by clicking on the league trophy in the tournament arena. In addition, the top 10 highest ranked players on the global ranking will get extra rewards based on their rank, including an unique avatar."
Inno stated end of the event and not the end of every week, so I would believe it is end of the event. They don't reveal much but when they do, I listen. That is one where the video may be incorrect. The video states the beta daily specials will be the same on the live server, just in a different order. He states "it is the same when the event is published" and I honestly do not know what that means. Archaeology was announced in General Announcements. I see there is now Event Announcements, nice improvement. This is possible but not a fact. Please don't bring up the checkmate, leave that dead horse alone. When I cover daily specials, I will explain more, based on my experience in events, beta vs live. Also in the video, I think you will see some large values for hard matches, in the millions. I think that has changed, scaled way back. I may have to wait for the live event to understand that part better.

Rediam

This is incredibly involved, complicated and confusing. Even reading the description makes your head spin. After reading just part of the explanation, it all falls apart and the reader can't imagine how it all works. At that point, it becomes so dizzying that it isn't worth the trouble to read the rest of it, since it doesn't make any sense anymore. It seems to have absolutely endless steps which makes it not worth the trouble.
There's enough in this Soccer Event to make a brand new game on its own, much less as a part of FoE.
I think you're trying too hard.

Aggressor

From what I have seen so far, this event is overcomplicated. I'd prefer the leagues to be determined by progress not the whole complicated teams thing. And the Hipodrome sounds like a headache to make room for and level. If I don't level it all of the way, it's just going to be a waste of time and efforts. The Summer Event sounds a lot better than this one. But I could be wrong. I hope I am.

If you don’t like it sell it. If you like it go the distance and if you can’t get the entire hipodrome this year. There is a chance your going to see it next year in the event as a nice secondary item to upgrade. The following year you might see it in the AD. We have quite a few opportunities to get the top prize for each event when you start to think long term which is how the game is played out. If you don’t like it sell it and move on.

I’m excited to get the winners plaza and the HoF upgrades for this event.

Lady Gato

Is there a list of items and prices you can get at the AD? I am not to that point yet, but wondering . . .

DevaCat

idk why everyone is b*tching about free rewards from complicated events.
i mean do you all want brain-dead bot minigames that are no challenge, dont require thought, and is just click for reward?
i personally enjoy challenges, and this event was challenging in beta, so im looking forward to the challenge on live.
if you dont like how complicated the event is, do 2 things.
1. go gain a few IQ points then come back and enjoy the event
2. dont bother playing it
simple as that
Idk Stephen, I was kind of looking forward to a brain-dead easy bot mini game! :D

-Chen-

Soccer??
I just started here about a month and a half ago (HMA at the moment,) and after acquiring a few special events items through Daily Challenges and the like, I was looking forward to participating in my first special event....sigh.

I realize soccer is big in many countries, but it does absolutely nothing for me, that combined with a quick browse of what the event entails has left me disappointed, to say the least.

Oh well, I hope those who participate enjoy it, and I'll hope for better next time!

Graviton

Soccer??

I realize soccer is big in many countries, but it does absolutely nothing for me...

I consider soccer a plague upon mankind, I hate this Event, but I'll hold my nose and play 'cause the prizes are good. Nothing wrong with waiting for the next one though! Certainly your city will be in a better position to complete the quests by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.