• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggressor

I know, right!
I just started here about a month and a half ago (HMA at the moment,) and after acquiring a few special events items through Daily Challenges and the like, I was looking forward to participating in my first special event....sigh.
Yes, they are something to look forward to, most of the time.
I realize soccer is big in many countries, but it does absolutely nothing for me, that combined with a quick browse of what the event entails has left me disappointed, to say the least.
Yes. Soccer is my least favorite sport, and to me wasting a whole event on it is mindblowing. And the rewards... meh. I'm tired of awkward shapes of the Special Buildings, they're hard to make room for, especially when I'm not inspired to make room for them.
Oh well, I hope those who participate enjoy it, and I'll hope for better next time!
Well, there is better next time. There's the Summer Event to look forward to. It's like Inno heard me finally haha. The game for it is simple and rewarding, and the prize building looks great! Military boost and unattached units are something I need, and they don't usually have the event buildings have those, at least not often. I don't care that it doesn't give FPs, that's part of what makes it unique. Plus the chances to earn The Ship and The Crow's Nest, which are two favorites for good reasons. At this point I'm just waiting patiently for August.

DeletedUser41361

The event buildings are huge and it is super difficult to earn medals for expansion. Why is the male character wearing a coat and tie? Is this not a summer sporting event?

Nicholas002

Why is the male character wearing a coat and tie? Is this not a summer sporting event?
Have you ever watched European soccer? that is what the managers often wear. Also, in England, no matter the season, it is always 40 degrees Fahrenheit, and drizzling, hence the coat.

DeletedUser32973

If the secondary mini game is too complicated for you, just spend the tickets as you get them. Unless they changed something from beta you don't need to worry too much about the secondary mini game to complete the building (as long as you participate enough to get bronze).

Nicholas002

speaking of quests.... why does the arc not fulfill the "donate (some) goods of your age or the age below to the guild treasury" quest?
the SoH and airship do, so why not the arc??

RazorbackPirate

Interesting rule. it really makes no sense.
There was a time that there were no buildings that counted toward treasury goods as only GBs produced them. When Inno created non-GBs that donated treasury goods, they decided to make them count toward quests.

It is what it is. Although I would support having special buildings not count, but I wouldn't support having GBs count also.

Nicholas002

I wouldn't support either way, as I really don't care... just interested why they don;t just pick one way or the other...

Jern2017

speaking of quests.... why does the arc not fulfill the "donate (some) goods of your age or the age below to the guild treasury" quest?
the SoH and airship do, so why not the arc??

Perhaps it's because the amount of goods you receive from special/event buildings is significantly lower than the amount you get from the Arc.

Guild goods you get from those buildings help fill that requirement, but unless you have a lot of SoHs, Airships..., you still need to manually donate additional goods to fulfill the quest.

Collecting from a high level Arc would simply autocomplete the quest.

Lady Rainna

If you don’t like it sell it. If you like it go the distance and if you can’t get the entire hipodrome this year. There is a chance your going to see it next year in the event as a nice secondary item to upgrade. The following year you might see it in the AD. We have quite a few opportunities to get the top prize for each event when you start to think long term which is how the game is played out. If you don’t like it sell it and move on.

I’m excited to get the winners plaza and the HoF upgrades for this event.
I don't want a building that is not complete at the time the Event is over. You mentioned possibly two more years to get upgrades to take it to the highest level. That's way too long to finish leveling a building that may be nearly obsolete by the time two years has gone by. Just sayin'

RazorbackPirate

I don't want a building that is not complete at the time the Event is over. You mentioned possibly two more years to get upgrades to take it to the highest level. That's way too long to finish leveling a building that may be nearly obsolete by the time two years has gone by. Just sayin'
Ignore him. Play the event and don't worry about the outcome.Worst case, any upgrades you don;t get this year, you can get next year.

OutlawDon

Have you ever watched European soccer? that is what the managers often wear. Also, in England, no matter the season, it is always 40 degrees Fahrenheit, and drizzling, hence the coat.
You can say that again! Born in a Premier League town in Northern England. Nice to look back on (and occasionally visit) from Los Angeles! American football is so rough, and they keep stopping! Watch Diego Armando Maradona on Twitter or YouTube! Nothing more beautiful than Maradona!!!

planetofthehumans2

The players who got a full set also got extra buildings from glitches and the devs swapping out the prizes while the event was going for them. We wont get the same luck. 10 upgrade kits and an event entirely dependant on luck but not strategy? I doubt I'm going to place these buildings even if they look very good on paper.

There was also a big exploit of players challenging top players because if you won, you get the amount of points difference between you and that player, leading many players to gaining massive points very quickly.

ubermensch

put in the search engine:

Soccer Event 2020 forge of empires expert

you can save information about your event progress, it helps a lot!

Thank you very much for this spectacular event!

my city will improve a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.