• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDmark

ok, RNG, I agree it can be frustrating esp if you lost 5 in a row, the easy (70%) opponent.
Ok, the problem I am seeing with the event is getting player cards besides quests and incidents. Now, you can buy them for diamonds, but I like to give the non-diamond strategy, back to the problem. In order to get more player cards, you need to play in Training, you have chances to win cards there. But, there has been nothing good besides the first day, Altar Garden Selection kit (for me and I would think most players). I was too busy questing so, here is what has been offered, Hall of Fame selection , Constestants Estate (boring), tonight Tholos Kit (nice building but I believe most have it, can buy in AD plus it takes 10 to complete it). If you play the tournament, I think you want Level 5 players at least to bring up your percentages. But, you win no player cards in those chests. And the specials for the tournament, day 1, 50 player cards, day 2, Leukoi track, but did you have enough tickets or, like most, busy finishing quests. Now, it is WW shrink (no comment! but diamond farmers, there was only one WW shrink in beta, FYI)) and tonight, the Not-so Divine selection kit. . So, I have tickets sitting there to spend but nothing I want. I did miss the Leukoi track (FPs), but I am not sure I wanted them. So, even with a strategy to play the tournament, it doesn't help at this time. Hmm, we shall see.

planetofthehumans2

It's actually much, much less than a 1/10000 chance. That's just the odds of hitting two 1% hits in a row. The odds of hitting 100 are 1/100^100, which I think comes out to 1/100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. I'm not actually sure if this is correct either, but I think it is!
It's been about 15 years since I've taken Statistics class. ;) Still not 0%, but I'm so unlucky that I lose at 90%.

Joeyjojojo

Ok, the problem I am seeing with the event is getting player cards besides quests and incidents.

Ignore the player cards, they make approximately 0 difference in your chances--you seem to be paired based on your team strength, not league position. In my main world, my team strength is 23 (iirc) and I"m in gold league. Haven't spend a diamond yet (though I might, not decided yet). I've had better luck in some worlds and worse in others, but I'm still silver or gold in all (I don't expect to finish there).

The training side is like the regular event: save energy drinks until a daily comes up that you want, and go hog wild. The tournament side is the daily lotto, you'll get a few extras but don't overthink it, just spend your tickets. If you really want to parse it apparently the middle tourney battle is best for dailies and the hard is probably best for league placement but considering the level of luck I don't think it's worth expending any effort to try and maximize.

ffblackice

How big is your hippodrome? mine is 4X11 now. both ends is lvl 4, I think I can make them to 6 at the end of the event.

CDmark

Ignore the player cards, they make approximately 0 difference in your chances--you seem to be paired based on your team strength, not league position. In my main world, my team strength is 23 (iirc) and I"m in gold league. Haven't spend a diamond yet (though I might, not decided yet). I've had better luck in some worlds and worse in others, but I'm still silver or gold in all (I don't expect to finish there).

The training side is like the regular event: save energy drinks until a daily comes up that you want, and go hog wild. The tournament side is the daily lotto, you'll get a few extras but don't overthink it, just spend your tickets. If you really want to parse it apparently the middle tourney battle is best for dailies and the hard is probably best for league placement but considering the level of luck I don't think it's worth expending any effort to try and maximize.
I am getting to that point. I was hoping for a DS I could use so if I did win and get the DS, then it would be productive for my city. But losing 3 tickets a day isn't productive either. Will see what today's DS brings. I think the part that gets me, your player cards have a certain distribution too. So, for example, when I want to put in a defender or 2 bcs the opponent has attackers, they are Level 2. Oh well, sometimes adjust as best you can and click away is good too. I am tracking incidents, so is my buddy, we are grabbing them all. Will report back in a few days, will have data for 6 players. This will give me an idea of getting that last goal I would need, assuming I make it to at least Amateur in league play for both events bldgs to be L6.

CDmark

It seems that what was in Training Specials in beta has stayed Training Specials for the live event, same for Tournament. BUT, we only have 5 days of data and there is 16 more days left. If we go with the assumption that specials will not jump, they will be shuffled but Training ones will not go to Tournament or vice versa then the following good specials are left for Tournament

Sentinel Upgrade (requires a L1 Sentinel) If you have L1's this is a good one to get if it shows up. There was 1 in beta. Even if you don't have L1's, it was offered in beta and I believe you will see it as a Training Special. I think for lower age players, LMA and below, the attack building, Winners Plaza L2 maybe will give you 1% more attack vs other equivalent sized buildings. Some would tell you just level Zeus a couple of times, 1% attack (L11 and above) and no extra space taken.

Altar Garden Selection (need 5)

Colossus Selection (need 10)

1 Leukoi Track - FPs (one will be in Training)

1 Rouisoi Track - 3% defense (Sentinel is L2 better)

1 Winners Plaza L2 (need 2) - this is the big prize but it will depend on when it comes. If 10 days pass, you have lost 30 tickets and less ranking points in the league. Now, from what I have heard, maybe you will get 2 daily specials (THIS IS AN EDUCATED GUESS, some supporting data). Plus, if you played the medium opponents (50% chance), some are losing a lot more than 50%. Some are winning more. The technical term for this, the one Statisticians use, "It's Whacked". You only need to be Amateur league to get one of the 2 needed upgrades for 2 L6 event buildings. The other would come from luck in incidents and energy drinks. This was covered in my section 1 post, earlier, pls read if you want more info.

50 player cards - well, I have given this one some thought and believe it may win the next Charles Ponzi Award, maybe knocking off the current champ, Bernie "thanks for the 9000 sq ft house in Palm Beach" Maddoff. Even if you get 50 cards, hey, you can win twice, 100 cards, yes, your players levels will increase, that part is true. Ok, you may end with 2% chance to double your training reward, low probability it will be the daily special. But, you get tougher competition in the tournament. Every time you get better, so does the opponent, then you are give easy, medium, hard, scaled opponents. This means you will always face that Random Generator for the results of your matches. It can be brutal.

It is more difficult to explain this event then it is to play it...LOL I covered the specials buildings earlier, my section 2 post, pls read it if you want more information. I think if a good Tournament special comes, I will be using all my tickets, see what data I can gather.
NOTE: There is not one player that can give you 100% correct answers here. I just try and use my experience in events, add some technical juice, sprinkle some salt and pepper guidance, hopefully some can do better. Advanced players know what they want, but newer players can possibly avoid some of the mistakes I have made.

Wow, Sentinel upgrade, tournament special. What a nice special! Who would have guessed? :)
I assume that is sarcasm, if not please do not be offended by the rest of my comments. Of course it is and is on the tournament side; because the diamond players are usually looking for another reason to spend.

CDmark

I assume that is sarcasm, if not please do not be offended by the rest of my comments. Of course it is and is on the tournament side; because the diamond players are usually looking for another reason to spend.
Never offended, it was sarcasm, I knew it in advance Actually, that tournament side has no guarantees, it is like the wild west, a poker game in the saloon. They can spend but on tournament play, but, spending on energy drinks is the best option for better results. I always tell guildmates one thing, you can't spend diamonds to a L80 Arc, you earn it. Sure, Bill Gates can afford it, most of us can't. Yes you can enhance your city but this game has a cap on buying advancement. You still have to earn it and that is called time.
I also believe the law of diminishing returns will come into the picture. Lets say I spent 40K diamonds to get 3 Asylums. OK, but if I spend 40K more on the next enhanced equivalent, some better stats, I just paid 40K for the difference bcs I already had the original stats. At some point, you still need to play this game the old fashioned way, time. Grow your GBs, enhance your city with event buildings, but GBs are the core and that will never change, and it shouldn't.

If you go onto youtube and look up FOE Hints. Hes a German fellow who does a fabulous job breaking down the events. I usually have to rewatch a few times to catch everything. But search for his FoE Soccer Event 2020 and he explains the timing aspect of the tournaments in the 2nd part of the event. This part is new, so I cannot give you personal experience, just his knowledge.
Thanks so much for this tip. He’s great!

-Chen-

This event is turning into complete crap.
I wasn't even going to participate initially, just cuz I hate soccer, but I figured it would be foolish not to at least use up the free drinks and tickets, so I gave it a go. The first couple of days were actually pretty good, I got some good rewards, and despite what some think, I really like the hippodrome. Yea, it has a big footprint, but in HMA it allowed me to get rid of a LOT of earlier age buildings that I couldn't afford to lose the population from before this event, making my city look a lot better and less cluttered, and once you level it up a couple of times, the production is really good IMO.

Problem is, it's been getting worse and worse each day, total crap rewards that somehow seem to keep getting worse, stuff that's no good anyone who isn't still in bronze age, and maybe gets you a few hundred coins at the antiques dealer.

Today was the last straw though, they started limiting the side quests, when completing enough of them is the only way you can guarantee a decent reward. Yesterday they limited me to three, and today it was one.....seriously...ONE???

Way to ruin something that actually started out kinda fun INNO

RazorbackPirate

This event is turning into complete crap.
I wasn't even going to participate initially, just cuz I hate soccer, but I figured it would be foolish not to at least use up the free drinks and tickets, so I gave it a go. The first couple of days were actually pretty good, I got some good rewards, and despite what some think, I really like the hippodrome. Yea, it has a big footprint, but in HMA it allowed me to get rid of a LOT of earlier age buildings that I couldn't afford to lose the population from before this event, making my city look a lot better and less cluttered, and once you level it up a couple of times, the production is really good IMO.

Problem is, it's been getting worse and worse each day, total crap rewards that somehow seem to keep getting worse, stuff that's no good anyone who isn't still in bronze age, and maybe gets you a few hundred coins at the antiques dealer.

Today was the last straw though, they started limiting the side quests, when completing enough of them is the only way you can guarantee a decent reward. Yesterday they limited me to three, and today it was one.....seriously...ONE???

Way to ruin something that actually started out kinda fun INNO
Every event is like this. There is a fixed number of quests you can run through as fast as possible, with one additional quest released each day of the event.

Although the Tournament portion of the event encourages Training daily for more player cards, I'm only training on days when there is a Daily Special worth going for. That avoids the crap rewards while allowing me to maximize rewards I do want.

The theme of the event is irrelevant, it's all about rewards and there are ways to focus your play to maximize rewards you will find beneficial. Outside the Daily Special, most of the other stuff you'll get from playing the event is fluff, little more than fodder for the AD. But even fodder for the AD is great, it means you can eventually buy something better later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.