• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Chen-

Every event is like this. There is a fixed number of quests you can run through as fast as possible, with one additional quest released each day of the event.

Although the Tournament portion of the event encourages Training daily for more player cards, I'm only training on days when there is a Daily Special worth going for. That avoids the crap rewards while allowing me to maximize rewards I do want.

The theme of the event is irrelevant, it's all about rewards and there are ways to focus your play to maximize rewards you will find beneficial. Outside the Daily Special, most of the other stuff you'll get from playing the event is fluff, little more than fodder for the AD. But even fodder for the AD is great, it means you can eventually buy something better later on.

Fair enough.
It's my first event, so I suppose I'll be a little less annoyed by the different setups and idiosyncrasies when I'm expecting them ahead of time.

I gotta say though that getting a 'random' reward for scoring a goal is not to my liking no matter what the context. It's totally appropriate for the different passes along the way, but there is no reason you should spend about a thousand energy drinks to get all the way down to the net, and then get slapped in the face with a wishing well or six player cards. They should give you a choice from three prizes. Early players may like and select a drummer camp, or may like the randomness and look of the wishing well, while everyone else finds them useless. Some players may not think the hippodrome is worth the footprint, therefore would have no use in leveling it up or adding a piece, while myself and others would love it, etc., etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: bad RNG in tournament

On a secondary world, I got 10 tickets from an incident, and spent them all on the medium match, without switching out the players, since I didn't care if I won.
~50% chance to win on all of them.
I lost all but one of them! (that's a 10% chance to win!)
I know it's a small sample size, but still....

I did the same thing and it is up to 14 medium in a row losing. The RNG is broke/bugged.

DeletedUser40704

I had low hopes for any "new" idea that Inno comes up with and the soccer tournaments don't live up to my low how hopes. I lose 7 out of every ten matches at the mid level with winning chances of 60-83%. Even taking the bottom choice I still lose with 87% of winning. Yes, I do match my team to handle the opponent's team setup. When I do win, it's just goods and goods and a few FPs. I could buy 200 cards and lose at a higher level but what's the point?
The archaeology event actually takes some thought. The soccer tournaments just suck the life out of the game. I seriously doubt I'll fair much better here than that other loser of an event, St. Patrick's Day. I doubt I will get all the upgrades needed to make the event building worth putting down. Inno's desperate attempt to suck diamonds out of the game has made me double down on not spending any on an event.

Ericness

Not loving this event, mostly on account of the complete unpredictability of the Tournament results and the seeming irrelevance of the percentages (and yes, I do know what RNG is and how it works). I've perhaps been epically unlucky thus far in that regard.

While I do appreciate Inno trying out new ideas and mechanics to keep things interesting, I curiously feel like I have been discouraged from spending diamonds the last three events. St. Patrick's because of the mechanics and just not caring enough to upgrade a building solely for DA stats, Archeology because I realized getting the final tomes was unlikely if it hadn't happened already (still loved the event though), and now this one because I feel like the Tournament just plain hates me. Makes me miss the old Summer wheel which I swear I could stop when I wanted to.

Joeyjojojo

I gotta say though that getting a 'random' reward for scoring a goal
You get a set reward for every goal scored. The random reward is in addition to that, and is, effectively, another passing reward.

So far, it's just a normal event, with the random tourney on the side. My players are all a bit under-leveled since I've only done training on day 1. Hasn't been a reward since then that I've been interested in, and I did poorly on day 1 for dailies, so I'm a bit bummed that the altar garden selection kit doesn't look like it'll be making a second appearance.

Last edited:
Worst case, any upgrades you don;t get this year, you can get next year.
You can't know that with any level of certainty, unless you are a dev at INNO, in which case, I apologize. Save working as a dev, suggesting others wait for something to return is outside the purview of your actual knowledge. Please stop offering what could be erroneous advice because it could effect how someone decides to play. The forum is intended to be helpful, or so I assume. Giving what amounts to something that could prove to be completely false is not being helpful. Please don't allow your ego to direct your comments.

Why all the whining?
It's a free game. You can play for free. The rewards are free. Some people chose to use diamonds to make the game free for the rest of us. Don't like it? Don't play. Can't figure out the mechanics? Try harder.
Simple.

Why? It’s not the mechanics, it’s the broken RnG. Yes it’s a free game. I guess you get what you pay for. Free=Broken. Glad you cleared that up.

CDmark

I did the same thing and it is up to 14 medium in a row losing. The RNG is broke/bugged.
I have played the tournament and I can say I never just click right away. I have noticed my players being loaded, seems they are loaded based on maximum level. Then you have to do the rock/paper/scissors shuffle and increase your % victory. That will not guarantee anything but it will be something to give you some advantage. You will still have the probability part. I would say, will confirm later, I have been winning 40% of the time. I have been doing medium and hard, once in while easy matches. I will do the easy match if I have very bad percents in medium and hard. There is an option to get new opponents but you have 1 free one every 24 hrs, then it costs diamonds to change it again.

RazorbackPirate

You can't know that with any level of certainty, unless you are a dev at INNO, in which case, I apologize. Save working as a dev, suggesting others wait for something to return is outside the purview of your actual knowledge. Please stop offering what could be erroneous advice because it could effect how someone decides to play. The forum is intended to be helpful, or so I assume. Giving what amounts to something that could prove to be completely false is not being helpful. Please don't allow your ego to direct your comments.
For the last 2 years, the previous year's Main prize has been offered as the secondary prize the following year. Example, the Pagoda from the Spring Event, the Alar Gardens from this year's Soccer Cup. Based on that 24 months precedence, we'll see the Hippodrome as the secondary prize next year.

Take it somewhere else, I'm not having it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lankybrit

Here's my feedback.

1. I don't like the fact that this event pushes you to spend Energy Drinks every day and play the Tournament every day so you don't feel you're wasting tournament tickets. I have 2 Wishing Well worlds and I'd like to save Energy Drinks for the day when the Wishing Well was the Daily Training Special.

2. The RNG of the Tournament event. Yep, everyone has said it already. I know it's random, but getting loss after loss and not moving up in the League is pretty soul destroying.

3. The rewards of the Tournament part. Very nice, but could it have been expanded to get others too? Maybe fragments of Wishing Wells, fragments of other stuff etc.

The main event buildings are pretty good, especially on my Iron Age cites, where they take away the need for tons of Population and Happiness buildings.

Vger

1. I don't like the fact that this event pushes you to spend Energy Drinks every day and play the Tournament every day so you don't feel you're wasting tournament tickets. I have 2 Wishing Well worlds and I'd like to save Energy Drinks for the day when the Wishing Well was the Daily Training Special.
I don't get the first part of that. How does it push you to spend Energy Drinks every day? I'm saving my drinks for a DS I want. No pressure to spend them.
For the tournament, I'm using my tickets as I get them in my main, so I get the 3 free dailies. In my DF, I'm letting them build up and will use them if/when the DS is a well or shrink kit. Nothing else I care about, so I'll sacrifice the 3 daily freebies to have a stock should something good come up.

2. The RNG...
I haven't had an issue with this, but I know a lot of people are calling foul here. I haven't been keeping track, but I'm quite certain in my main I've won more than 50% of the time. Maybe I got assigned to the good RNG ;)

Graviton

Wishing Well, worthless? I'm not tired of free diamonds yet. I know everybody has his or her own play style but if you're choosing a Drummer's School over a Wishing Well that's a play style of a unique sort.

Last edited:

planetofthehumans2

But you dont have to spend the gatorades right away, you can just keep them piling up until the training prize you want comes up. The tournament ticket you can spend or you could just let sit at 3 tickets, but the chance of actually getting the daily prize is so low (6-18%) that you could "safely" play and get the other prizes. That can actually be a complaint since even if you did win every difficult match, you only get 3 matches per day.

I don't like how the daily quests dont give enough gatorades to move one man every day. Yes, the most expensive man, but I should be at least able to do one thing per day!

I don't like how the game doesn't reward strategy, only luck. As we can see, nobody likes luck. It feels like more of an accomplishment when you do something with your own hands.

And obviously, I don't like how you cant get a complete set without spending diamonds, and that's without the extra tracks. You cant get the final upgrades without paying another for another 1000+ gatorades. The diamonds should be for getting additional sets and tracks, unless you don't think the set is good enough to try for a second...?

-Chen-

Why all the whining?
It's a free game. You can play for free. The rewards are free. Some people chose to use diamonds to make the game free for the rest of us. Don't like it? Don't play. Can't figure out the mechanics? Try harder.
Simple.

The whole reason this thread exists is because INNO created a link asking us to give our feedback.

Now, maybe you feel that we should all restrict ourselves to positive feedback such as "everything's perfect, don't change a thing," but I'm not sure how useful that would be, since it would defeat the whole purpose of a feedback thread, which is to get people's honest opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.