• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whale of Ontario

I think the event is easy enough the problem is that luck controls the ultimate fate! The odds in the tournament are completely wrong, I cannot believe how many matches I lose at 80- 81% odds. The biggest problem is that I check In Multiple times per day and I will not be able to max out my event buildings, this is something that needs to fixed!
That is awesome. I lost three games in a row with 55% chance of winning. I guess we're the opposite sides of the coin. :) BTW - start running now, a lot of less-lucky people are coming for you... :p
this is nothing!! I’m losing them with 70% to 81% chance to win

Attachments

• D37CA276-7609-4638-B15D-2E9DC209BE04.png
    D37CA276-7609-4638-B15D-2E9DC209BE04.png
    980.7 KB · Views: 13

lemur

New this evening: The Tournament section of the soccer event now locks up when attempting to open it (on multiple worlds). Rebooting the computer, clearing the cache, doing a headstand, and tossing salt over my shoulder had no effect.

Quality programming from InnoGames ...

(I use Safari 13 for Mac, and I ignore stupid advice about using a different computer or operating system.)

Everyone in silver league gets the silver league reward, which includes 2 selection kits.
Wow. Could they have hidden the league rewards any better? I didn't even know there were league rewards because I never clicked on the trophy (who would think to click on the trophy when the standings are right on the screen). If I knew that, I would have been using my free tickets every day. As it is now, I'm in the bottom of bronze and not even close to silver.

Lankybrit

So, I'm now at the position that I have 4th level and 5th level buildings. I don't think I can get another through training, and I'll get one from the end of the quest chain. So, the Bronze league one will leave me one short. Seriously!! I've been only picking the top two in training that cost approx 45 per movement square. Along with all the RNG in the Tournament with Player cards, tournament results etc. I must say this is a rubbish event.

Mapkos

Just wanted to reach out and express my displeasure for the 2020 soccer tourney portion of the event. It’s terrible.

The percentages mean nothing so why use them in the game like they do? Based on my experience and some others that I have read about in the forums, there is no common sense way to win based on FOE’s explanation of how to play the game.

If I play in the tourney and my matchup places me at a 60%+ of winning I end up losing 8 of 10 times. Conversely, if I play a harder team and I have a 40% chance of winning, I lose 8 of 10 times. So which is it? FOE can’t have it both ways. If my competition beats me 8 of 10 times with a 40% chance of winning logic would dictate that my odds should be the same as there’s yet that clearly isn’t the case. If I add up all of this the odds of this occurring are astronomical. It just isn’t possible.

This tourney game is a disaster. I appreciate them doing something different to keep it interesting but if they’re going to create something, do it where the numbers actually matter, otherwise it just looks like a money grab again by Inno.

Just my two cents.

Savvy187

Whichever way you go it's apparently broken. Using both the rock, paper, scissors , system as well as the % to win, still lose more often than not. The thing that gets me is you can literally post higher number cards using the rock paper scissors system for every player matchup, and still have less than a 60% chance to win, and you still lose most of the time. If it's not broken, it's just logic defying badness.

Last edited:

Emily Cortano

I'm currently still new to the game but I've been playing for 3 months now and this event going on right now (I don't know the name of it but it deals with soccer and a Coliseum) is my first event that I'm playing and the first mission for me was to defeat this hard army or solve this equation type thing, I can't do neither because my army isn't strong enough. The army is extremely strong as opposed to people relevant to my own strength and even the new army barrack I unlocked and recruited isn't strong enough. Its like I have to go up another age to get the required soldiers to defeat the team but that takes time. A lot of time and that's unfair. The negotiations part already consumed all my goods. This is unbalanced and it would only seem fair and right to have a "skip" button but by using this button, it'll come with a price for example, a 24 hrs hold until you can play the event again or a hefty fine.. just please balance between paying and non paying players. I love this game but this frustration temps me to move on and uninstalled the game but I won't until I at least try to be heard and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people.

Thank you ,
-emily

I just want to know if there's anyone who actually likes the mechanics of this game? Razor, are you out there?

4 worlds haven't seen one person who likes it. Of course it's a tiny sample size, but I've never seen an event where I couldn't find one person that likes the mechanics of it across my worlds.

Please do NOT keep it the same for next year.

I can't wait for this pain to end and the summer event to start. I like the fact that I can affect my outcome by being online more than my neighbors with the wheel. Unlike this current garbage at least I can affect my outcomes a tiny bit.

Lady Gato

SNIP

This is unbalanced and it would only seem fair and right to have a "skip" button but by using this button, it'll come with a price for example, a 24 hrs hold until you can play the event again or a hefty fine.. just please balance between paying and non paying players. I love this game but this frustration temps me to move on and uninstalled the game but I won't until I at least try to be heard and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people.

Thank you ,
-emily

I am also a noob and the army that I faced was a challenge. I beat it with bronze/iron troops (I aged up during event). I also used a few troops that I gained during the event. I also had my Zeus at level 5 and used some boosts from my tavern and a boost I got during the event. I had bought a small amount of diamonds to use during the event ($20) so I used those to revive my troops for 2nd wave (my choice to do so). I don't think I would've won with my troops so wounded before the 2nd battle. And yes I used a lot of goods during the negotiations but I had quite a lot already saved up before I aged up. I think events are meant to be a challenge -- not like ordinary quests. And if you had a "skip" because of our noob level, that is giving us an advantage over the more advanced players. So I think right now I would vote no to your suggestion. Even if I had not bought diamonds for the event and had not been able to get past the army.

ExtraMile

I just want to know if there's anyone who actually likes the mechanics of this game?
I don’t mind them. I personally have looked at the tournament as just a way to pick up a few extra rewards - I’ll put it this way: I’d rather have the event as it is than have the tournament removed. As for getting into silver league - well without spending diamonds that’s difficult no matter what your luck with the tournament matches are. I try not to worry too much about it. After all, events are just a bunch of free rewards in a free to play game.

I can't wait for this pain to end
If it’s that bad, you can just stop playing the event today. Nobody is forcing you to continue.

RazorbackPirate

I just want to know if there's anyone who actually likes the mechanics of this game? Razor, are you out there?

4 worlds haven't seen one person who likes it. Of course it's a tiny sample size, but I've never seen an event where I couldn't find one person that likes the mechanics of it across my worlds.

Please do NOT keep it the same for next year.

I can't wait for this pain to end and the summer event to start. I like the fact that I can affect my outcome by being online more than my neighbors with the wheel. Unlike this current garbage at least I can affect my outcomes a tiny bit.
The mechanics of the Training part is the same as many other events. However, the Tournament part is new. With the frequency of the losses, I'm disappointed in the number of tickets we get without spending diamonds. I seems no matter what, I've got as many chances to lose as to win, so the Tournament has been an exercise in frustration.

In all honesty, I could have done without the Tournament. I've seen little value in it, or from it.

Just An Observer

Only $99.99. Don't we all wish we had so much money we didn't know what to do with it?

Don't even think of playing Magic. FoE is cheap in comparison. My cable/net bill each month is $200 and change so $99.95 is well within my budget to handle. Maybe you need to find a way to earn more moolah! $100 these days is not much compared to 50 years ago, when that would have bought you a running car, transferred the title, filled the gas tank and put a burger in your belly. Heck, you could have rented an apartment for $50 a month in those times!

Emily Cortano

I'm currently still new to the game but I've been playing for 3 months now and this event going on right now (I don't know the name of it but it deals with soccer and a Coliseum) is my first event that I'm playing and the first mission for me was to defeat this hard army or solve this equation type thing, I can't do neither because my army isn't strong enough. The army is extremely strong as opposed to people relevant to my own strength and even the new army barrack I unlocked and recruited isn't strong enough. Its like I have to go up another age to get the required soldiers to defeat the team but that takes time. A lot of time and that's unfair. The negotiations part already consumed all my goods. This is unbalanced and it would only seem fair and right to have a "skip" button but by using this button, it'll come with a price for example, a 24 hrs hold until you can play the event again or a hefty fine.. just please balance between paying and non paying players. I love this game but this frustration temps me to move on and uninstalled the game but I won't until I at least try to be heard and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people.

Thank you ,
-emily
Wow, this is not fair. I cant complete the thing because it wants diamonds but I don't spend money on games and why should I. I cant kill no one because I'm not strong enough, even with a 24hr boost i bought which was a complete waste.. cant u see how unbalanced this is. I wanna play . This is not fair

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200709-235316_Forge of Empires.jpg
    Screenshot_20200709-235316_Forge of Empires.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 23

RazorbackPirate

Wow, this is not fair. I cant complete the thing because it wants diamonds but I don't spend money on games and why should I. I cant kill no one because I'm not strong enough, even with a 24hr boost i bought which was a complete waste.. cant u see how unbalanced this is. I wanna play . This is not fair
It wants diamonds because you don't have enough goods. The diamonds are to but the goods you're short of.

Vger

Emily: In your screenshot we can see your town hall. It is an LMA (Late Middle Ages) town hall. But when I look at forge-db.com it looks like your only GB is a level 5 Oracle. And you are in LMA without even having the 5 goods needed to do this simple negotiation.
You have made the classic newbie mistake of rushing through the ages without building up your city and resources. When you do that, you can't complete events. There is nothing unfair about it. Stop trying to get to the next age as quickly as you can. Start working on building up your city so you have the resources you need, and build the basic GBs that everyone needs to be successful.
There will be another event soon. Will you city be ready for it? Or will you come back and say things are not fair? It's your choice.

Triopoly Champion

The mechanics of the Training part is the same as many other events. However, the Tournament part is new. With the frequency of the losses, I'm disappointed in the number of tickets we get without spending diamonds. I seems no matter what, I've got as many chances to lose as to win, so the Tournament has been an exercise in frustration.

In all honesty, I could have done without the Tournament. I've seen little value in it, or from it.
I understand this game has become unfairly favorable to me, maybe the Inno Developers should put "Champion's Retreat" as the daily prize on the training site also. I only played my Iron Age city for several days, it's really only 1 Rogue's Hideout and 1 Shrink Kit short of the Ideal layout.

I won the tournament a lot especially on the day when "Champion's Retreat" becomes the daily reward, also I just acquired a complete set of Classical Garden Set from the training site too -
Forge of Empires - Classical Garden Set in Iron Age City.jpg

Captain Christian

Don't even think of playing Magic. FoE is cheap in comparison. My cable/net bill each month is $200 and change so $99.95 is well within my budget to handle. Maybe you need to find a way to earn more moolah! $100 these days is not much compared to 50 years ago, when that would have bought you a running car, transferred the title, filled the gas tank and put a burger in your belly. Heck, you could have rented an apartment for $50 a month in those times!
We also have a family of six, meaning we have more important things to be spending money on than electronics. To this day, we have never paid for cable. We do earn plenty of "Moolah", and would probably be considered upper-middle class. We, however, spend it on more nessecary things.

Nicholas002

I understand this game has become unfairly favorable to me, maybe the Inno Developers should put "Champion's Retreat" as the daily prize on the training site also. I only played my Iron Age city for several days, it's really only 1 Rogue's Hideout and 1 Shrink Kit short of the Ideal layout.

I won the tournament a lot especially on the day when "Champion's Retreat" becomes the daily reward, also I just acquired a complete set of Classical Garden Set from the training site too -
View attachment 16360

Wow. That's incredible.
Who would have guessed that was the ideal layout?

Status
Not open for further replies.