• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer Event 2020 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
As above. I'm finishing in Silver league so will get the last 2 upgrades needed to take both parts to level 6 without spending diamonds. Ended up with about 7 extra tracks
Perfectly satisfied with the event.
Once you get used to the mechanics and use them in your favor then it's well worked out and thought through.
I like the fact that there is originality and variety in the events.
All the people that have been on here whinging would be whinging just as hard if all the events were the same and everyone won everything. Here, have a pony.

Thank you Inno for making the game free and interesting for people like me.

Who said anything about having all the events the same? I don't think I saw anyone who said that. I'm pretty sure most of the people criticizing this event love the archaeology/Halloween mechanic. That argument is comparing apples to oranges. We don't like the mechanics of this particular game. The other events are irrelevant for that discussion.

And the building isn't as good as you guys say if you're looking for attack power. It's great for FPs. But right now attack (and defense for attacking army) power is the name of the game because no way you can get enough buildings to compare with what you can do in GBG.

Also, I saw someone up there get enough drinks to get the last sphenodone upgrade. I chose the most efficient player possible every time and am not even to midfield for that upgrade...so again, pure luck getting the incidents with drinks to make it that far.

I definitely was wrong about at least one thing though.

I changed strategies about 2/3 of the way through and went strictly against the hard opponent and managed to place myself comfortably in silver so I will get the entire building. It seemed like I won just as much against the hard opponent as I did against the medium.

So the event wasn't a total failure.

I still absolutely hate the rock, paper, scissors mechanics (It's a game that 10 year olds play) and the fact that a bad luck streak would put you out of contention for a fully upgraded building no matter how hard you work. At least the wheel is more like a slot machine...still all luck, but it's a game for adults.

I'm sure they made a gazillion dollars on this event due to the fact that you could buy 3 many different event type currencies -drinks, tickets, cards...probably something else I'm missing , so I'm sure we will see the same mechanic next year...and I will still hate it, but play it because I want the rewards....

Last edited:

DeletedUser32973

I think a major factor in a lot of players not ranking as high as they would have liked is the psychological aspect of losing. You really needed to be choosing hard most of the time to rank silver or even gold, but you have to realize you'll be losing individual matches more than 50% of the time. In the 3 worlds I did this on I mostly did hard matches. 2 of the worlds were well into silver, and the 3rd made it into gold.

Zatrikon

I think a major factor in a lot of players not ranking as high as they would have liked is the psychological aspect of losing. You really needed to be choosing hard most of the time to rank silver or even gold, but you have to realize you'll be losing individual matches more than 50% of the time. In the 3 worlds I did this on I mostly did hard matches. 2 of the worlds were well into silver, and the 3rd made it into gold.
Is that what we were supposed to do? Go for the hard team even though we're almost sure to lose? I didn't get that. Oh, well. Amateur League for me.

-Sebastian-

Is that what we were supposed to do? Go for the hard team even though we're almost sure to lose? I didn't get that. Oh, well. Amateur League for me.

I saw someone suggest it somewhere, and I tried it. It seemed to work. From what I could tell, the chance of winning was about half of what the medium team gave, but the league points were more than double. But I don't think there was any way to discover that, other than trial and error. I'm just glad that someone else did it first, and talked about it somewhere that I heard.

DeletedUser10720

So I wanted to wait til the end of this event to give feedback. But I really dont know what to say that hasn't already been said.
The player cards were worthless and confusing. Only being important to half of the event and even then barely so.
The split between practice and tournament games was irritating. Having to see two prizes I dont want most days seemed like more of a disappointment.
I finished the event in my main but still had to use diamonds to secure the final upgrade. Which I didn't particularly mind because the building is worth it.
Not seeing wishing wells come up as tournament rewards means I didn't care to finish in any farms which was probably the right call.
Seeing the varying odds of winning tournaments and the slim chances of a useful reward there my strategy became saving tickets for the ones I want rather than keeping the ticker under 3. Also simply accepting any game with 51% chance of winning or higher. Instead of spending time creating a better team. (51% beats vegas).
Final score...
3.5/10*

*3 of those points come from the hippodrome.

WinnerGR

I finished the event in my main but still had to use diamonds to secure the final upgrade. Which I didn't particularly mind because the building is worth it.
Are you sure that was necessary , the league rewards would give you that upgrade , I am no where near maxed out but I get 2 more upgardes from being in silver league .
Soccer Cup.jpg

DeletedUser10720

Are you sure that was necessary , the league rewards would give you that upgrade , I am no where near maxed out but I get 2 more upgardes from being in silver league .
Yeah. I didn't get past Amateur League in any of my cities. And have one L5 for one the hippodrome pieces right now. Just waiting for that last one to come in from AL. Though in fairness I was holding onto the tickets / energy drinks until yesterday reward of the Rousioi track when I became convinced they weren't going to give me another chance to get the upgrade naturally. Which means I got 9 of those and a healthy boost to my army.
Overall I cant complain about that as the outcome.of something I didn't put my full focus into due to its needless complexity.

planetofthehumans2

I actually didn't win much of any of the daily prizes. I used 2000 drinks yesterday and didn't get anything, I had 6 tickets from incidents and got nothing (even winning 4/6 of them). I used 2000 drinks on the winners plaza daily and never got it. I got goods and medals, but who really needed those? Can we trade?

Inno was a cheap charlatan with this event.

-Sebastian-

Inno, I appreciate how you're trying to come up with different types of event mini-games, as opposed to the standard "pick from one of three choices to move down the path" type of thing. But this was very poorly executed. I'd rather bring back Carnival - the only thing wrong with that (IMO) was the long neighborhood, and that could be fixed by giving people a short break from the mini-games during neighborhood shuffle. (Carnival is technically religious, neighborhood shuffle is on Sunday, the excuse practically writes itself.) Or duplicate the pirate wheel. Even the St. Patrick's day game had more promise than this - I think it just needed more help text and graphics, and a better spacing out of the gameplay over the 4ish days it took.

Speaking of which, when it's the first time that a new type of mini-game is being introduced, how about making it a bit easier to get a full event building, so people aren't as afraid of making mistakes. Once the player base has more collective experience with the mini-game, then that's when you can fine-tune the event tolerances and make us work for the prizes. I know Beta is supposed to do that, but for whatever reason, I don't think it's working well enough.

In theory, I like the idea of competing with other players, and it was fun seeing names I recognized. But that's all it was - just seeing a familiar name, selected for me randomly, attached to a bunch of cards that they'd gotten randomly, and even assembled randomly (based on which players they got the most cards of, i.e. the highest-leveled ones). You might as well throw up an army of random units and call it "theirs"; that would at least be more interesting to fight.

DeletedUser31499

The event is over. I finished in bronze but no bronze rewards showed up. What did you do to get the rewards to show up in your inventory.

So now that it’s finally over...

Extremely streaky RnG with limited tickets (8 hours per) is broken. Needs to be smoothed out.
Maybe offer other ways to get tickets outside of money. (FPS or selection card reward?)

Reward system for each day worked well and more so if you saved resources.

Resetting the building timers to move them or add tracks is annoying...yes plan for it...but not good.

The selection card reward was a good idea...I would have added the altar selection kit instead of just the level 1altar.
To this end maybe offer a building selection card a few times (bath/athlete housing/temple etc) to fit the need of diff players.

The double the reward option % was too low and unless you bought a level 40 team, not really worth having.
Maybe have a higher % but cap it so it’s not to high or make it ramp up faster then cap it.

Finally, there was some good and not so good in this 1st effort..hopefully y’all will learn from it and improve it for the next time.

Nicholas002

My feedback:

1) great prizes.

I got Carc. lvl6, Sphen. lvl6, 9 Rusioi, 7 Leukoi.
This chain gives me 31 FP, and 64% A4D. Which is an insane production increase for 2 weeks.

2) tournament frustrating

though I placed in upper silver (no diamonds), I found the tournament to be a little frustrating at times.
Until I figured out how it worked (50% on all matches), I played easy and medium matches, and it is quite disheartening to lose 50% of the matches when your "win percentage" is above 75%., which leads me to the third point...

3) please be honest

I don't want to outright accuse you of lying with the percentages in the tournament, however, when you lose 3 matches in a row, with an 80% chance to win, the probability of that happening is vanishingly small. when this happens more than a few times, to multiple players, the odds disappear altogether.
same applies to winning 3 in a row with a 20% chance to win.... it's simply very, very, unlikely.

For the first few days, I played medium and easy matches, with most at about 60-80% chance of winning. I won about half of them.
For the next 10 days or so, I played only hard matches, and switched out the players to maximize my chances, with about 30-45%. I won about half of them.
For the remainder of the tournament, I only played hard matches, and went with the default team, with about 15-25%. I won about half of them.

it is very bad business-wise to mislead your customers.

4) Conclusion: overall, good event. I got what I wanted out of it and more. However, I can understand the frustration of those who didn't because they didn't figure out the rigged system early enough: my condolences.

Lankybrit

A very bad event all round. All the randomness of the Player Cards and Tournament was so frustrating and not fun at all. 65% lose. Rematch lose. Rematch lose. Out of tickets!! On one world, nearly all players are 10 and above. On another, the highest is about 9. That really sucks. Also, not getting that final upgrade if you only made Bronze League was really bad design. Why couldn't you have made it slightly less difficult to get across the field, so that we all could get to the upgrade after the Wishing Well Shrink kit easily. That's what you did with other events for goodness sake.

Overall 3/10.

Lady Gato

Feedback from a noob:

Started the event in BA and aged up to IA during event. When event first started I purchased some diamonds as this was to be my first full event on tuulech (spent $20). I had started playing FOE during the archaeology event. I got more "stuff" during that partial event than I did in the full soccer event. However, the hippodrome/carceres monstrosity rocks even though I have only leveled it up to 4-5. Won one upgrade by placing in bronze league which I really don't know how I did as I lost the majority of my matches. I played mostly medium matches and the wins were usually when I had 30-40% chance; lots of losses in the 55-70% chance area. I did not settle with the default team - played around with making better teams using the rock/paper/scissors guidelines and subbing in players with higher numbers (if they were the right color). I was able to get across the field in training several times in the beginning - because of the abundance of drinks. However, I quickly grew tired of paying so much for drinks and relied on what was given to me -- which slowed my trips across the field considerably. Overall impression: the event building(s) are great but the additional prizes weren't that great for me to spend all my diamonds. After the first week. I quit paying to play and just played.

Status
Not open for further replies.