• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Soccer strategy

-Sebastian-

I think the team score (the one with the three people) is just the levels of your top 5 players, added together. I don't know how they calculate league points (the one with the three stars on the 3 pedestals).

DeletedUser30722

What a crap event. I am questioning Inno's fairness when I consider how many chances I have had with my odds significantly over 50% and lost. Perhaps won 1 in 5 with odds over 50%... perhaps worse. /whinge off... for now.

Sample size of 6 this run with 60% chance lost 4/6. I out ranked each opposing card with the correct type. Makes no difference.
So overall, on medium, 18 matches 4/18 with match win at 60%. You can argue bad luck if you want...but it is to consistently bad which is statistically unlikely. It’s more likely the process is negatively slanted leading people to spend more to get more chances to get silver/gold level rewards.

Having done exactly this and based on the results, it’s pretty conclusive to me.

Last edited:

Freshmeboy

There is also a luck factor in player upgrades..one city has level 5 and 6 players spread amongst all the different types. I average 65%+ on middle difficulty. My other city has the best players as forwards and countering my opponent doesn't get make my odds much better if at all. There, my average percentage is 50%+ for middle matches.
Most which I lose..unfortunately that city plays the easy matches so I don't waste tickets. It seems the best strategy is to use just your best players, then replace and slot from right to left to see if any percentage change takes place.
Again, not a fan of the event, especially when I can't upgrade the buildings entirely. INNO, you can do better......

DeletedUser31499

I’m totally clueless on what the first score value represents. I thought I saw that meant the number of player cards you have but that can’t be right. I only trained the first day of the event and did win 50 player cards. Since then I’ve accumulated the drinks. The tournament I use my tickets up each day. My score looks something like this..

Lord Pest. 32. 1320. I understand the 2nd number. Can anyone enlighten me on the first? Yes I know... I’m failing the tournament.

John16309

I'm saving up my energy drinks with fingers crossed, waiting on the Colossus selection kit to appear in the practice area. That said...

Any statistics geniuses here? I am wondering whether I have a better chance of picking up the daily prize by doing 10 2-space kicks, with a 10% chance of daily prize, or 1 2-space (10% chance) and 6 3-space kicks (15% chance)?

I do like the potential non-daily prizes from the 3-space kicks a bit more, especially the FP guy.

Nicholas002

Any statistics geniuses here? I am wondering whether I have a better chance of picking up the daily prize by doing 10 2-space kicks, with a 10% chance of daily prize, or 1 2-space (10% chance) and 6 3-space kicks (15% chance)?
in minute 2:45 of this video, FoEHints gives a list of the players, ranked by lowest cost/DS.

Spotmeows

I've lost five of the last six against opponents I was supposed to have an 81-84% chance of beating, so like Noble Han I would say the game is much more rigged against the player than the percentages imply. With middle tier I'm winning maybe one time out of three, but I only play when I've several points above the other player; with the low tier I'm higher in points by a factor of four; for awhile I was winning maybe 2/3 of the time, but in the last two or three days I've usually lost - again, even with over 80% stated chances. Perhaps because I'm trying to stay in the Silver League?

Got a random 10 ticket incident...played 8 medium at over 60% or more. 2-6. Consistent results with a large sample size
Showing it’s broken. Overall 11-34 so far. I simply believe based on how the game works, that this is by design.

Just a bad poorly designed system.

BruteForceAttack

Close your eyes and just click.................................

do not look at % beta has already proved that it dont matter....always challenge the toughest/highest one.....it doesnt matter if you win/lose

UBERhelp1

Got a random 10 ticket incident...played 8 medium at over 60% or more. 2-6. Consistent results with a large sample size
Showing it’s broken. Overall 11-34 so far. I simply believe based on how the game works, that this is by design.

Just a bad poorly designed system.
A large sample size? With anything random, I'd say 5-10k would be minimum to be considered a large sample size.

Spotmeows

For me in the last day the ST has gone better. I've noticed the same thing with negotiations in GE and GvG - sometimes I do as well or better than odds, sometimes I repeatedly have to try 3 or 4 times (occasionally more) to win the negotiation without spending diamonds, and I notice three or four times in a row I lost with a 50-50 chance. So the rigging is something that seems to come and go, and there have also been times when I would occasionally get very lucky.

DevaCat

For me in the last day the ST has gone better. I've noticed the same thing with negotiations in GE and GvG - sometimes I do as well or better than odds, sometimes I repeatedly have to try 3 or 4 times (occasionally more) to win the negotiation without spending diamonds, and I notice three or four times in a row I lost with a 50-50 chance. So the rigging is something that seems to come and go, and there have also been times when I would occasionally get very lucky.
So, kind of random huh?