• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[SOLVED] Accidentally removed myself from a forum thread... how do I rejoin it?

DeletedUser28099

I was deleting old conversations on my message center, and accidentally clicked the trash can next to the main thread my guild uses for posting GB exchanges. So I asked the other founders/leaders to go into the thread management ("Adjust group") menu and add me back, but even the founders don't have that menu available.

Can only the creator of a thread manage it afterwards? Now if I want to eject former members of the guild from the thread, or delete the thread entirely, I can't because I created the thread and I no longer have access to it.

DeletedUser28099

Ah, I found how to do that on existing threads. But being unable to rejoin or modify a thread I created and then accidentally left is extremely unpleasant.

DeletedUser31440

Ah, I found how to do that on existing threads. But being unable to rejoin or modify a thread I created and then accidentally left is extremely unpleasant.

Never be the only admin on a thread. You learned it the hard way unforunately, but a good lesson to learn regardless.

Arya66

I know how you feel.. I have done that too.
First: Find out who was assigned "Admin" of that thread when you left (it is a random assignment as far I know). They can add you back, and make you, or anyone, as co-admin.
Second: As Ozyman said, Never be the only admin on a thread! ALWAYS assign someone you trust as co-admin on any guild wide threads you create.

DeletedUser28099

Well, there's some comfort in knowing that others have made the same mistake :) I have already added the other guild leaders as admins to my other threads, so at least it will (hopefully) be a lesson I only have to learn once.

Thanks for the input, friends. I still think there should be a way thread creators can always access threads, but I'll go ahead and mark this as resolves since it answered my question.

DeletedUser

I still think there should be a way thread creators can always access threads,
Glad you found your answers. I just wanted to point out that if you had a person who created threads in your guild and then left, you wouldn't want them to always have access to those threads. As it stands now, if there is a second admin on such threads the original creator can be demoted and removed from such threads if they leave the guild or become inactive.