Some GBs Great Buildings are MUCH lower level today then yesterday

psyrox2k

Today when I logged in my AO which use to be 43/44 is showing 19/44 with no FP on it, when yesterday 1st and 2nd was filled and some of 3rd and 4th.
I had another guild mate that told me his arc is 20 levels lower give or take as well.
What's going on o_O? Anyone else have this issue!?

Rynath

Today when I logged in my AO which use to be 43/44 is showing 19/44 with no FP on it, when yesterday 1st and 2nd was filled and some of 3rd and 4th.
I had another guild mate that told me his arc is 20 levels lower give or take as well.
What's going on o_O? Anyone else have this issue!?

Yes, on O world I have confirmed as least 3 other players whose kracken gbs reset to 0 or 1 from level 70+ and inno level on another dropped 20 levels.

Note that none of us have oracle of delphi nor donated to them.

psyrox2k

Seems they show up as the proper level in the GB Level ranking list still, going to test to see if people can still drop FP on them, and possibly even level them, haven't gotten that far yet though =)

Rynath

Seems they show up as the proper level in the GB Level ranking list still, going to test to see if people can still drop FP on them, and possibly even level them, haven't gotten that far yet though =)
My donators are seeing the gb at the incorrect level when looking at my gbs. I’ll pull up the ranking list and look.

Rynath

My donators are seeing the gb at the incorrect level when looking at my gbs. I’ll pull up the ranking list and look.
You are correct. The GB ranking list shows the correct level and fps donated from yesterday. I screenshotted mine as evidence. However, I cant seem to click through or donate from there. When others look at my GB, it is level 1.

Raymora

Seeing this and the announcement of "fixing" the exploitation of the Oracle GB with text like:
- As this has introduced a huge amount of unintended Forge Points into the game which would have long-term consequences for the balance of the game and as we don’t want to reward the exploitation of design flaws, we will remove those forge points from the game in the coming days, even if they have been invested in Great Buildings.
- Please be aware that our support will not be able to assist you in re-gaining Forge Points or other items you may have lost due to this.
- We would also like to remind you that the abuse of game design flaws – as outlined in our game rules – is not allowed in the game.

from here forward "you" refers to INNO

Personally I don't have an Oracle and have no idea what this exploit is. If it is how the game is presented, then it's pretty hard to say someone is abusing the game unless they find some hack to make it happen.

I have no idea where people get their FPs from, but I do trades for FPs. If they put them on my GB and it's removed since those FPs were gained through the exploit, then you're punishing Peter for Paul's abuse.

Lastly, and the main point, if you screw up the update to fix this and state that support can't help, you're delusional.

stritzj

The Announcement regarding Oracle of Delphi might be why they have lowered GB levels for many players. this is ridiculous by the way as I have seen lots of GBs with 20 to 50 to even 70+ levels below where they were. Not to mention I know no one who even has an Oracle of Delphi nor have I even seen one so if this is the reason Inno has done this and according to the Announcement was done by Inno on purpose then they are hugely mistaken and I dont think I will play this game anymore. Anyway the announcement below.

"We are very aware that, for a short time, the design of the Oracle allowed for a higher generation of Forge Points than the amounts invested in the building.

This was obviously not the intended functionality, which is why we have now adjusted the level up requirements of the Great Building.

As this has introduced a huge amount of unintended Forge Points into the game which would have long-term consequences for the balance of the game and as we don’t want to reward the exploitation of design flaws, we will remove those forge points from the game in the coming days, even if they have been invested in Great Buildings.

As a result, some players will see some of their Great Buildings lose levels, however we don’t currently intend to suspend players for the use of this.

Please be aware that our support will not be able to assist you in re-gaining Forge Points or other items you may have lost due to this. This step was not an easy one for us to decide on, but we think it is crucial for the future and health of the game that this kind of thing cannot be abused, and we will endeavour to pay closer attention to the balance for future content updates.

We would also like to remind you that the abuse of game design flaws – as outlined in our game rules – is not allowed in the game.

Thank you for your understanding while we work on solving this in a manner that is best for a balanced game environment.

Opozicija

I dont know if inno understands the effect of this intervention. They had to backup everything and restore data. They were killing fly with machine gun. Now what!? Probably all of us will quit game if they dont restore it as it was.

Kaidi

On F, I see only one Oracle in the list, with a total of 175 points donated to it...it's level 3. Not exactly exploited. A guild member lost 30 levels of arc and a friend lost 37 levels of Chateau.

sloppyjoeslayer

Inno messed up by trying to fix the exploit in Oracle and player's GB's who had nothing to do with it are getting messed up so now they have to fix the fix.

psyrox2k

Looks like when FP gets added it's still showing as added in rankings, even though it only shows the current FP added for the current level of the GB, so at least the data is there, just not populating correctly, so that's really good news =) I haven't leveled a GB yet to see what happens, wonder if they created a new exploit where if we level according to the new FP required, we get the rewards and then it adds to the main pool when they fix it o_O

psyrox2k

Also another question if someone dumps on yer GB in the meantime, do they get a smaller reward, or does it pool toward the proper reward for what level the GB is sappose to be?

psyrox2k

Wasn't even a huge deal from what I read basically, just could make more FP as a reward then spent or something on that one GB.
"FP required to go from Level 4->5 from 150 FP to 210 FP" from a 3rd party site.

Salsuero

All they had to do was lower the rewards on the Oracle of Delphi, in particular the Arc "red zone" levels of ~ 30-74. But instead, they decided to punish all Oracle of Delphi owners and make it worthless because the production output is no longer worth the smallish investments it was going to cost to get it to level 10... my only goal for the thing. It's now just going to sit at level 4 while I figure out how to delete it because I spent so much effort and forge points just to build one and get it to level 4 (since I wasn't low enough in age to get it in a quest).

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/return-oracle-of-delphi-to-pre-nerfed-level-costs.20591/

For those of you who don't understand how the Arc sweet spot works:
For most, if not all GBs in the game, once you are at around level 30-74, any Arc owner with a 90% bonus can profit on locking up 1st/2nd immediately because 1st/2nd are easy to lock given that the reward is higher than the cost to lock it (half/quarter the level cost). Now... in the case of the Oracle of Delphi, they made the rewards TOO profitable and hitting the sweet spots came much earlier and was worth way too much. I understand that. LOWER THE REWARDS... but instead they decided to increase the costs, which hurt ALL owners instead of potential preventing abuse by a smaller subset of players.

Last edited:

sloppyjoeslayer

any Arc owner with a 90% bonus can profit on locking up 1st/2nd immediately because 1st/2nd are easy to lock given that the reward is higher than the cost to lock it
Doesn't it depend on how many fp's are left on the GB? So say a level 49 to 50 CdM takes 1880fp's and pays 510fp's for first place. If you get 90% of that on top that's 969fp's total you get so there has to be 911fp's already on just to break even, if you lock first place up at that point. I mean I guess it all depends too how many fp's second place has on there and if he's trying to race ya or something. I wouldn't know, don't have a high level Arc.