Some GBs Great Buildings are MUCH lower level today then yesterday

Salsuero

Doesn't it depend on how many fp's are left on the GB? So say a level 49 to 50 CdM takes 1880fp's and pays 510fp's for first place. If you get 90% of that on top that's 969fp's total you get so there has to be 911fp's already on just to break even, if you lock first place up at that point. I mean I guess it all depends too how many fp's second place has on there and if he's trying to race ya or something. I wouldn't know, don't have a high level Arc.
No. Think about it. It takes 940 to lock 1st place in your example. The payout is 969. If you put 940 on it, no matter what, no one can put more than that without leveling the building, regardless of if there are 0-939 on it. 940 is the magic number. But you would profit 29 FPs on the deal.

sloppyjoeslayer

No. Think about it. It takes 940 to lock 1st place in your example. The payout is 969. If you put 940 on it, no matter what, no one can put more than that without leveling the building, regardless of if there are 0-939 on it. 940 is the magic number. But you would profit 29 FPs on the deal.
oh yeah, duh on me again today, all this Oracle silliness got me crazy confused today:confused:

Mek2

Doesn't it depend on how many fp's are left on the GB? So say a level 49 to 50 CdM takes 1880fp's and pays 510fp's for first place. If you get 90% of that on top that's 969fp's total you get so there has to be 911fp's already on just to break even, if you lock first place up at that point. I mean I guess it all depends too how many fp's second place has on there and if he's trying to race ya or something. I wouldn't know, don't have a high level Arc.
Edit: never mind someone else posted before me but it didn’t show those on my end for some reason

jc821

don't worry inno dev team is on this glitch-bug-issue I have faith they will find a acceptable solution to all of us non cheaters who were effected.LMAO anyone else feel like a dumdum sucker right now

psyrox2k

The bug has NOTHING to do directly with delphi, noone on my server even has one, as far as I know the GB doesn't exist there and multiple people lost points in random GBs. It's messing up my leveling time and guild trades hardcore so I'm hoping after they fix it they compensate us somehow, and not some useless item compensation for this one. That being said came here mainly looking for updates, since my questions were removed earlier prolly by a mod, but they were legit questions. One being if I have someone techincally on my level 43 AO for 1.2k FP are they gonna get their full arc reward, since my AO says it's level 19 with 23 FP on it? Can I still have them add FP and level it like normal or is the whole system broke?! If no one has the answer can someone internally test things so we know what we can do until it's fixed?

Manda the first

Well, that's not really the bad part. Simply not profiting wouldn't be so bad but people are poised to lose thousands of points.

Example: Person locks 1st on your level 62 arc with an 90% boost of their own. They're you're friend so they're locking it at reward cost for you. 1030 reward amount x.90 = 1957. The building levels while this is going on cutting their boost to 40% =1442 back. That person just lost 515 FPs. Multiply that by how many buildings they've locked up like that since this 'patch'.

I know the common perception is arcs equal thousands of thousands of FP. They do, by getting 50-100 FP wins at time if you're lucky. Even someone locking things up expecting to get a hundred points will lose many more times that because of how long inno is allowing the game to be played for while this is going on.

Mek2

Well, that's not really the bad part. Simply not profiting wouldn't be so bad but people are poised to lose thousands of points.

Example: Person locks 1st on your level 62 arc with an 90% boost of their own. They're you're friend so they're locking it at reward cost for you. 1030 reward amount x.90 = 1957. The building levels while this is going on cutting their boost to 40% =1442 back. That person just lost 515 FPs. Multiply that by how many buildings they've locked up like that since this 'patch'.

I know the common perception is arcs equal thousands of thousands of FP. They do, by getting 50-100 FP wins at time if you're lucky. Even someone locking things up expecting to get a hundred points will lose many more times that because of how long inno is allowing the game to be played for while this is going on.

Shut it down. Shut it down. Shut it down.

This is absurdly hilarious from the perspective of someone who doesnt have that issue personally. Don’t take that the wrong way, I feel terrible for all who were affected by this patchglitch.

Shut it down. Revert server to the latest backup before the patchglitch. Keep it shut down while you investigate and see who had engaged in the Exploit. Use your server data to see who got rewards from high level Oracles, and who had built and rebuilt and rebuilt Oracles for their friends to exploit as well. Punish saidnplayers by rolling back their personal Accounts to before the Oracle Exploit began.

It should be obvious who participated as they will have thousands of prints for Oracle....

jc821

Shut it down. Shut it down. Shut it down.

This is absurdly hilarious from the perspective of someone who doesnt have that issue personally. Don’t take that the wrong way, I feel terrible for all who were affected by this patchglitch.

Shut it down. Revert server to the latest backup before the patchglitch. Keep it shut down while you investigate and see who had engaged in the Exploit. Use your server data to see who got rewards from high level Oracles, and who had built and rebuilt and rebuilt Oracles for their friends to exploit as well. Punish saidnplayers by rolling back their personal Accounts to before the Oracle Exploit began.

It should be obvious who participated as they will have thousands of prints for Oracle....
u know whats funny is they don't have backups or at least that's what they told us in the past

Mek2

u know whats funny is they don't have backups or at least that's what they told us in the past
I find that very hard to believe they don’t have some form of a backup. Every MMO out there has this function. I’ve seen it happen on several occasions on various games, where something was done unintentionally, players exploited the crap out of it, and then the Gaming staff would roll back every account and game progression to a specific point.

Doing so means it’s fair across the entire gaming population. And the right thing to do.

Treating your playerbase like this is not healthy for long term growth Inno... word spreads fast and players will ditch this to play something else that interests them that doesn’t have such massive PR problems.

jc821

I find that very hard to believe they don’t have some form of a backup. Every MMO out there has this function. I’ve seen it happen on several occasions on various games, where something was done unintentionally, players exploited the crap out of it, and then the Gaming staff would roll back every account and game progression to a specific point.

Doing so means it’s fair across the entire gaming population. And the right thing to do.

Treating your playerbase like this is not healthy for long term growth Inno... word spreads fast and players will ditch this to play something else that interests them that doesn’t have such massive PR problems.
LMAO you crack me up and its so cute how you think INNO operates like any other gaming company. They do not care nor will they ever care because they operate under the impression they are untouchable because we all are to stupid to hold them accountable and stop playing or spending. In todays world its about the numbers and there are plenty of idiots in the world to keep coming here. Myself included.

Mek2

LMAO you crack me up and its so cute how you think INNO operates like any other gaming company. They do not care nor will they ever care because they operate under the impression they are untouchable because we all are to stupid to hold them accountable and stop playing or spending. In todays world its about the numbers and there are plenty of idiots in the world to keep coming here. Myself included.
If you piss off the players spending cold hard cash enough they will all stop, spread the word that the company are money grabbers, and boycott the spending of real money in the game. Hit them where it hurts the most. They will have a few players that spend just because, but if you continue to play and boycott spending money on them, Inno will see a drastic drop in their profits and have to re-evaluate their design. I know the company is first and foremost about making money, but you can’t make money by pissing off your players left right and center field for several weeks now.

psyrox2k

spending money or not huge bugs like this are hella frustrating, if it's not fixed literally costs months of work and progress for those of us that plan, some updates would go a long way. If they indeed don't have backups which would be utterly and crazily insane, then they are going to be doing a lot of database reading, and probably write a script to undo the first script they ran, if it indeed has something to do with the delphi bug. Someone screwed up big on this one roflmao.

bd81

spending money or not huge bugs like this are hella frustrating, if it's not fixed literally costs months of work and progress for those of us that plan, some updates would go a long way. If they indeed don't have backups which would be utterly and crazily insane, then they are going to be doing a lot of database reading, and probably write a script to undo the first script they ran, if it indeed has something to do with the delphi bug. Someone screwed up big on this one roflmao.
There's some record of our progress in the system. If you look at the list of top GB it should have the correct level in there. So they can at least validate claims of levels lost.

Kaidi

I've also *heard of* people who through some bug logged in and had all of their coin/supplies missing, and Inno has restored. If that's true, then yep, they got a backup somewhere, at least from the previous day? Fingers crossed for you guys.

(ETA: When I say restored I mean, rolled back to the previous day's version.)

psyrox2k

GB 19 Collect (Copy).jpg Should be level 44 (Copy).jpg Well I just tested my theory, and I got the reward for level 19, instead of 43, and technically gave it enough FP to level to 44, and it never leveled, so stuffs super broke... Here's some screenshots.

Manda the first

If you piss off the players spending cold hard cash enough they will all stop, spread the word that the company are money grabbers, and boycott the spending of real money in the game. Hit them where it hurts the most. They will have a few players that spend just because, but if you continue to play and boycott spending money on them, Inno will see a drastic drop in their profits and have to re-evaluate their design. I know the company is first and foremost about making money, but you can’t make money by pissing off your players left right and center field for several weeks now.
It's quite unfortunate because this is a great game but every couple of months something quite bad goes wrong. While bugs or mistakes can happen anywhere and shouldn't be looked at too poorly, their responses/actions to them have only made the issues 100X worse. Working backwards from memory:

DC/New release method, Servers being down for several hours for some but not all, leaving a large portion unable to log in while others ran rampant. All servers should have been taken down at that point. C/V nerf leaving giving people negative populations, Rail Gun nerf.

I know there were others but this was just during my time here. They make the unfortunate habit of turning problems into crises. I suppose they figure for every old player that leaves they will just play their commercial more often to attract new.

At least this time they did send an in game message which seemed to calm people down some. The correct answer would have been to shut things down until it was fixed. Hopefully they see how clearly all of this could have been avoided by using their own beta server and learn from this mistake. But see the above list of things having gone wrong because 'learning to use their beta server' could and was said for all of those yet here we still are.

psyrox2k

The correct answer, even though most companies handle this extremely poorly at times, is take care of the problem without a large impact to the players, punish the few who deserve it, but not in major ways. Yes maybe it was an exploit, but it wasn't an external program, it was overlooked by a developer in the first place, and users shouldn't get a harsh punishment for that. This is also the reason to have test servers and beta servers, and apply things there before going live. Most companies that make major mistakes, or have downtimes, reward the players in a big way. Massive FP packs, Massive diamonds, SoKs, generally something super useful that makes the player say, well they did really screwup, but it worked out for me because look at all this cool stuff!! It keeps them coming back, spending money, staying happy with the game instead of moving to another one, and next time a major issue comes up, they say stuff like "last time this happened we got some really cool stuff, so this sucks but Inno hooks us up when it happens"
I've been in this situation with other games other problems, and the "GOOD" rewards do make a difference. Useless rewards are just a slap in the face, insult to injury.
That's my 2cents =P

bd81

I'm not sure they could remunerate us appropriately. My arc went from level 49 to level 27. That's tens of thousands of fp. Add to that the fp that I've lost from botched rewards being paid out on the wrong level, the time lost, etc... I don't see Inno giving me tens of thousands of fp to make it right...

Mek2

I know there were others but this was just during my time here. They make the unfortunate habit of turning problems into crises. I suppose they figure for every old player that leaves they will just play their commercial more often to attract new.

I did notice an uptick in the amount of FoE commercials I saw the past few days.... coincidence?

psyrox2k

Hey I'm not asking for maricles but seriously this a screw up this big warrants some kind of rewards or me and Inno going to have a shaky relationship going forward. Not very comfy spending money going forward, actually kind of lost the spending money going forward thing as soon as they started nerfing the quests the give SoKs and removing them from GE and replacing them with the new stuff. I had planned on dropping some cash too but then I did the math on what an SoK actually costs and laughed myself to close outta the diamond purchase page =)