• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Some guides for new players - GE

DeletedUser29070

1. GE (guild expeditions). This is a must-do in many high rank guilds and yet a mystery for many new players.
Overall, GE is very rewarding - coin/supply/goods/military units/diamond/forge points.
There are 2 ways to proceed in the GE - you can either fight with your military units, or negotiate. In a lot of cases, you will want to do both (negotiate some battles you don't want to fight, and fight some battles that's too hard to negotiate).

a) Easy way for new players first - negotiate. I think it's pretty obvious but still want to say it - coin / supply can be considered free here. You will need to prepare some goods - in your current age and previous age. For all 5 kinds of them. The first few where you need to guess among 2~3 (including coin/supply) kinds of offerings are easy. I don't think I need to explain. Starting from 4 kinds, it starts to become tricky. Let me explain how you can win for the case of 4/5/6 kinds, and you will quickly figure out the rest.

4 kinds (coin/supply/good1/good2): offer c/c/s/g1/g2. If you are extremely unlucky, all 5 will be "wrong person". In this case, I would quit and restart. If you are extremely lucky, 2 of them will be "incorrect" which means they are not in the list. Then you can finish without any issue. In a very common cases, you will get 1 "incorrect" and 1~2 "correct". Let's say you get the 1st "c" correct and the last "g2" incorrect. The other 3 are wrong person. In the next round, I would offer x/s/c/c/c (I like to save goods). For 2nd/3rd/4th position, you've already tried 2 out of 3 possibilities. It's guaranteed that you will get them right this round or next. The only uncertainty is the 5th. With some luck, I'm sure you can figure it out :)

Next, 5 kinds (coin/supply/good1/good2/good3): offer c/s/g1/g2/g3. If you are extremely unlucky, all 5 will be "wrong person". Again, quit and restart. If you are extremely lucky, 3 of them will be "incorrect" (never happen to me). In most cases, it will be something in between. The same principles apply as above.

Next, 6 kinds (coin/supply/good1/good2/g3/g4): offer c/s and 3 goods that are cheapest for you or you have the most. If you are unlucky (3~5 wrong person), quit and restart. In most cases, you will get a few "incorrect". Next round, add the last goods to one of the "wrong person" position. You will need a lot of luck here - in many cases, you need to guess 1 out of 2 or 3. With some luck, you will eventually get through.

One important reminder here - there's a very useful boost in friend tavern - "extra turn". Within a limited time, this gives you the 4th round without the need to use diamond. This is priceless!!!

b) To fight through your way, you will need a lot of prep. In all early ages, you will need at least 2x military buildings for range, 1x for heavy or light. The range units help you fight through the encounters without losing too many units or getting hurt too much. You will need a few artillery as well, but you will get plenty from the GE itself! And if you are careful enough, you won't lose them easily.
Then you will need as much boost as you can get - from GBs (Zeus, for example), from tavern, from special buildings.
Next, you will need to get yourself familiar with rogue. They are your best friend, especially when there are 2 waves of enemies. I myself is not an expert with rogue so I won't say much here. You can get the basics of rogue online - they have a super high attach, super low def, when they got hit, they turn into one of your units (if there are no other units other than rogues, they die).
One thing not very obvious but very helpful - computer AI will always try to hit rogues first. Basically many of their units will lose a round on rogue. this is extremely useful.
You can get rogues in some special events, or from GE itself. Or you need to get a rogue hideout (again from special/seasonal events).

One note for fighters - you don't need to win every battle. You have much more than plenty of attempts. Sometimes I use several attempts just to get the right terrain.

c) Last but not least for GE - ToR (temple of relics, Great building). This is definitely a game changer. Get ToR as soon as possible. Unfortunately you can't get ToR blueprints by aiding players. One easy way is through the GE itself - but that's 1~2 BPs a week. The other way is donating to other player's ToR. Or you can just buy with diamond :) In any way, it's definitely worth every effort you spend to get it.