Some people are cheating the Summer Event (disabling/bypassing wheel spin animation)?

DeletedUser12367

I don't know if it's latency or what, but some people seem to be able to spin the wheel much faster than on either PC or iOS. A Shrine of Knowledge or other highly desirable prize will appear on a refresh and a single player will collect ~15-20 prizes, including 3-4 shrines (I'll be lucky to get one; I can get off maybe 4-5 spins as they gobble everything up). I

I wait for the wheel to stop for eons after I've waited (also eons) to click "stop" on a wheel where the button is entirely for show; timing/skill clearly has to absolutely no application to what you win, it's so clearly predetermined that I know if I've won coins/supplies immediately after clicking spin or refresh-- before the wheel even starts creaking.

Why?

DeletedUser20367

Haven't seen this myself but you can read who won what and when in the scrolling readout at the bottom.

zmandude24

I think you are misunderstanding how the wheel works. The prize you get is determined the instant you hit the spin or refresh button by rng. The stop button is completely for show and does not affect what you win. It's also far more likely that you are spinning it at the same time as several others in your hood if the prizes are going away as you are spinning.

DeletedUser3679

I think you are misunderstanding how the wheel works. The prize you get is determined the instant you hit the spin or refresh button by rng. The stop button is completely for show and does not affect what you win. It's also far more likely that you are spinning it at the same time as several others in your hood if the prizes are going away as you are spinning.
I think the OP is saying that others are somehow able to do multiple spins while he/she is only able to do one spin. If true, that definitely would give an advantage to the "fast" spinners. Wonder if the browser version is faster than the app version in displaying the stop, or maybe vice versa?

Mustapha00

On the PC, coins and supply rewards are indicated immediately. If you spin and win one of those, your counter in the upper right corner which indicates how many coins and supplies gets an immediate +XXXX amount notification in green type.

This does not happen on my iPhone. I have to wait until the wheel stops spinning to see what I've won (or perhaps it updates immediately like on the PC version but I'm not watching closely enough- you'd think with all the flippin' coins and supplies I've won I'd've noticed by now....).

I thought that hitting the STOP button did cause the wheel to stop more quickly, or at least I've read that here, but I don't think I've ever bothered to try it.

Ylisaveta

Hitting the stop button does make the wheel animation stop more quickly, but as many have already pointed out, it's just a visual. The prize is determined when you hit spin.

DeletedUser14197

I don't know if it is cheating or not, but I have had a number of people tell me that they can make the wheel stop on the prize they want, and I kind of believe it must be possible as I have seen quite a few times, where the main prizes were taken and very little else.

qaccy

I don't know if it is cheating or not, but I have had a number of people tell me that they can make the wheel stop on the prize they want, and I kind of believe it must be possible as I have seen quite a few times, where the main prizes were taken and very little else.
It's not true. As others have already pointed out, the prize you win is determined the instant you spin.

DeletedUser25273

To be fair, while the evidence is strong that the browser version is predetermined, it could be different for mobile, and iOS and Android could be different too. It is unlikely that such a difference is intentional, but it is easy to see a bug making the difference.

DeletedUser14197

To be fair, while the evidence is strong that the browser version is predetermined, it could be different for mobile, and iOS and Android could be different too. It is unlikely that such a difference is intentional, but it is easy to see a bug making the difference.
I agree. Spinning the wheel is different on my phone than on my laptop. Someone last year told me the same thing I was told this year. They either have a cheat system that they can use and explain it away by saying that they learned some pattern, or it is simply different on the phone and they really can make it stop on what they want it to stop on. I know it spins differently on my phone and actually prefer to spin on my phone, if only it was bigger. It is easy enough to see sometimes that one person took all 4 of one item by looking at the bottom. However, to be fair, Ihave seen one item mainly taken and 2 or 3 people at the bottom got it. So it could still be random except I have heard some people swear that they are good at getting the prize they want because they have learned a system.

wolfhoundtoo

I've heard the same thing but they it's not true. There are 9 spots on the wheel so it's not out of line to hit the same item more than once (and that's without any of the spots being empty). I've done it and sometimes it seems like it works but that's because I got what I was hoping for. :) I've done it the last few years and it does not work consistently which means it doesn't work at all. People like to say that to explain the prizes they got (or to hide the number of diamonds they spent to get those items).

DeletedUser14197

I've heard the same thing but they it's not true. There are 9 spots on the wheel so it's not out of line to hit the same item more than once (and that's without any of the spots being empty). I've done it and sometimes it seems like it works but that's because I got what I was hoping for. :) I've done it the last few years and it does not work consistently which means it doesn't work at all. People like to say that to explain the prizes they got (or to hide the number of diamonds they spent to get those items).
You could be right.

DeletedUser20367

It's certainly true that sometimes the 'good' prizes are taken right away but it's also true that sometimes they sit to the end. I found a wheel this year with 6 prizes left, 4 of them Wishing Wells.

qaccy

It's certainly true that sometimes the 'good' prizes are taken right away but it's also true that sometimes they sit to the end. I found a wheel this year with 6 prizes left, 4 of them Wishing Wells.
Nobody notices/comments on that, though. :p The instance you described is a 'lucky fluke', whereas when the opposite happens as described above, folks will firmly believe that the event is rigged or there's some sort of exploit involved. Weird how our perceptions work, eh?

DeletedUser14197

Ok, I have seen good prizes left very seldom. I have seen the good prizes all taken quite a few times. It doesn't even come close to being even. I am not saying it isn't even as if the good prizes were left, someone would likely come and grab them up. Of if they are like me, they don't do the wheel unless they can take all the prizes (assuming someone doesn't refresh the wheel or grab some of the prizes) I would like to note, that while most of the time I have gotten the good prizes kind of evenly, there have been a few times, that if I hadn't had enough tickets, I would have missed out on getting most of them. Also, with all the spinning I have done so far, I have NEVER gotten all the good prizes at the beginning. So before one criticizes that people comment on the good prizes all being taken, and very little else lots of times, consider, that this really is what a good number of us are seeing and experiencing in our own spins. I am still not sold on it that there is not a way to get the good prizes. I would be more surprised if there wasn't simply because of what I have experienced myself and what I have seen in my 6 cities.

DeletedUser26154

A Shrine of Knowledge or other highly desirable prize will appear on a refresh and a single player will collect ~15-20 prizes, including 3-4 shrines
I think he means me. ;)

*Edit* When I went for prizes, I had over 30 - 40 tickets and bought the wheel, or at least tried to! A couple times I had to roll with other players for the wheel, and the prizes were, overall, fairly distributed. Usually when I went for a wheel, it would be the best of off-peak times in my hood I could get, while also waiting for a Dream Wheel. Sometimes I would refresh the wheel up to 5 - 10 times until I find a Dream Wheel.

A Dream Wheel is a wheel with at least two desirable Premium prizes, and a minimum of coins and supply buckets. It took vigilance and a watchful eye. Then I would spin like a madman, hitting start and stop as fast as the game would register, and going right at it again. I would clean a wheel in under fifteen minutes.

I've done that multiple times. Life of a Whale.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14197

The question is, is it cheating if you do know a way to get the prize you want off the wheel as long as you aren't using some program to do it and are just spinning yourself.

DeletedUser26154

Below is one case of me clearing the wheel. I was down to the last item, a Reno Kit. I claimed every possible win.

http://s19.postimg.org/6nyjaagsj/cleared_the_wheel.png

Below is one case of me getting lucky spins with a relatively small amount of tickets. Unfortunately the other premium were huts, but to me the SoKs were worth eating the lower-value items.

http://s19.postimg.org/ycl6ht3sz/lucky_spins_1.png

*Edit* I do this from my desktop computer using Google Chrome. I always hit the stop button as soon as possible to shorten the spin time, then went again immediately. It was all by hand with no outside influences of any kind unless you count the Earth's magnetic field, aliens, magic elves, etc. Naturally I didn't document the two hundred or so garbage spins and "wins". I'm just showing the good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

The question is, is it cheating if you do know a way to get the prize you want off the wheel as long as you aren't using some program to do it and are just spinning yourself.
Cheating is the getting of a reward for ability or finding an easy way out of an unpleasant situation by dishonest means. It is generally used for the breaking of rules to gain unfair advantage in a competitive situation. It all depends on if it's dishonest. What does dishonest mean? Behaving or prone to behave in an untrustworthy or fraudulent way or intending to mislead or cheat.