• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forwarded Sortable Columns

Should this be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessSadie

Your reason, makes it easier to analyze the data, makes me wonder what data you want to analyze and why. Is it your own data? Is it that of others?
One example of why I'd like to see this implemented is it would be very usful when trying to find a specific Great Building to invest in.

The1Reaper

Idea:

When in an information popup, like a user's Great Buildings, provide the ability to sort on the column headers. In this example by Name, Level, Progress, etc..

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?

I checked the Ideas section, but did not find any similar ideas.

Reason:

Makes it easier to analyze the data.

Details:

Clicking on the column headers in tabular data sorts the table asc/dec. Would conceptually work just like excel, or other spreadsheet tool.

Visual Aids:

Please see the attached image.

Balance:

I don't think anything would need to be balanced if this idea were implemented.

Abuse Prevention:

I don't see any possible way to abuse this.

Summary:

This would allow players to better view their data in all places where data is presented in table format.
I could see a edit to this by sorting them by active and none active players or even oldest to newest donated too!

Tony 85 the Generous

I'm neutral on this for now. But I have to say that the illustration of the player's GB list is for me quite unconvincing as a demonstration of the usefulness of this request. What data exists there that one cannot pull out at a glance? What is there to be analyzed? Or is it a case of not wanting to scroll down, but rather to simply click a button to see the gb you want to see?
I'm with DevaCat. There aren't so many gbs per person that would make sortable columns useful...in the gb screen. Sortable columns in the market, inventory (I'd love to see sortable columns in the AD inventory list OH! to be able to sort by quantity of item when selecting from inventory to sell ), and a few other places. The usefulness in the gb list is between minor to slight, IMO.

Did I mention sortable column in the AD inventory list would be AWESOME!?!?

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I'm with DevaCat. There aren't so many gbs per person that would make sortable columns useful...in the gb screen. Sortable columns in the market, inventory (I'd love to see sortable columns in the AD inventory list OH! to be able to sort by quantity of item when selecting from inventory to sell ), and a few other places. The usefulness in the gb list is between minor to slight, IMO.

Did I mention sortable column in the AD inventory list would be AWESOME!?!?
I only used the GB table as an example. My suggestion was regarding ALL tables.

Kranyar the Mysterious

This idea ever get forwarded? It received a 76% yes vote.

While helpful, I really wish you could type the name of a great building into the search bar when on the great building rankings tab and have it show only that great building. That would be the most useful to me.

Would have been really useful when Galata came out to see who was top in real time instead of having to rely on forgedb updating once a day, or having to manually search through all the listings. Would be useful again when SAV comes out, not to mention just regular day to day use.

Status
Not open for further replies.