• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Asteroid Belt Feedback

Agent327

MArs units performs fine against SAAB/Mars units

SAAB units underperforms against Mars units and do fine against SAAB units.

, so overall SAAB units underperforming against earlier age units because lack of range.(maybe Hover Tanks can beat SAAB units, lolz)

Nail Storm seems to be good, but Sentinels(Mars age) works fine against it . GbG will show more like @ITown mentioned up there.

Problem isn't in the stats of the SAAB units, but the initiative they have been given.

WinnerGR

Although I already have the Nail Storm in my inventory, I still fight the Asteroid Ice with Steel Wardens and Sentinels
The degree of developer knowledge of battle it's hilarious.
Can we just ignore the whole SAAB age?
  1. Units can not be in the inventory
  2. I might agree.
  3. No because then you will not get to SA:V ( though you could park in SA:M for ever )

Agent327

1. Units can not be in the inventory
  2. I might agree.
  3. No because then you will not get to SA:V ( though you could park in SA:M for ever )

1. They are in army management. Could not figure that out?
2. You saying something about the knowledge of battle is really hilarious :p
3. Really????

BruteForceAttack

SC gives Promethium a lot... it is not just me saying this. Guild members and friends across different servers saying the same. Ideally the chance should be give current age (AF+ users) special goods higher % and then the previous era less followed by the one before that and so on... E.g if you are on SaaB % of ice drop should be highest, followed by Mars Ore and promethium should be lowest. When we move to Venus whatever the Venus special goods should be highest.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

SC gives Promethium a lot... it is not just me saying this. Guild members and friends across different servers saying the same. Ideally the chance should be give current age (AF+ users) special goods higher % and then the previous era less followed by the one before that and so on... E.g if you are on SaaB % of ice drop should be highest, followed by Mars Ore and promethium should be lowest. When we move to Venus whatever the Venus special goods should be highest.
Not disagreeing with the point about weighting, but to really know the truth, someone needs to start collecting results. 100-200 collections at least. Otherwise it's just confirmation bias never getting what you hoped for or needed. I'm sure there's a Fan Wiki that would like to have that information listed on.

DeletedUser32558

Overall Random Special goods and "no trading" is problematic combination - you get goods you dont want/need and then you cant trade them to what you may want.

, not even speak % values and chances get some specific age goods - Player age special goods is expected to be default if have highest chance for player age Special goods that is nice temporal FIX.

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser40990

i just want to chime in in total non scientific data and no proof, but i have a level 63 Space Carrier and that turd gave me ice maybe 2x.....what a F-in joke...why would i want promethium and orichulum when the boats are still able to launch....ORE, sure i get that....but the other 2 items...junk.....

Troops, can you please make a troop next age that just cant be beat by lower age troops? its really starting to get old that one can carry units from the Future Age and still beat those 4 ages ahead of them!!!! its about time that the ones who haven't sat and camped on the ages get a reward.....i venture to say most of your diamond spenders are the first to the new ages, give em a little something to be happy for....

DeletedUser

All in all Space Carrier is bad joke.
The amounts of "special goods" are too small to make a difference, truly I can launch the boat and the submarine, and asteroid Ice comes nicely from the continent map 10 - 15 times more than the SC.
Negociate and get rewards, well I sell now the SAAB goods at 1:1 so, if I pay 300 goods and get 200 fp's, it's a loss, so this is also a dead end.
Probably it was a positive recommendation from our commie moderator or his cheerleader team that made developers to do it like that, but well... nobody's perfect
expect comments from the cheerleaders wing

Emberguard

SC gives Promethium a lot... it is not just me saying this.
When you say “a lot” are you saying it provides it at a different % rate within a single age? Or that it evenly split but comes up for each of the ages? Cause SC will only provide special goods upto the age you’ve reached.

So naturally if it’s split evenly you should have:
AF: Prom 100%
OF / VF: Prom / Orich 50%
SAM: Prom / Orich / Ore 33.3%
SAAB: Prom / Orich / Ore / Ice 25%

I don’t know (yet) if it’s evenly split as I haven’t tested or asked, but logically if it is then you’ll get more Prom the lower your age.

DeletedUser

Maybe it's a better deal in AF, but still the ship returns faster as you get better sailors.
The SC doesn't look very efficient.
I am sorry to say but peer pressure made me build it, and today, I regret.
The numbers are not in SC's favor, better do another Arc level than build the SC

DeletedUser32973

Well the good news is the units in Space Age Venus can't be worse than those in SAAB, so we'll have something to look forward to. It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind the dev's design decisions on SAAB units besides "theme."

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

MArs units performs fine against SAAB/Mars units

SAAB units underperforms against Mars units and do fine against SAAB units.

, so overall SAAB units underperforming against earlier age units because lack of range.(maybe Hover Tanks can beat SAAB units, lolz)

Nail Storm seems to be good, but Sentinels(Mars age) works fine against it . GbG will show more like @ITown mentioned up there.

I think you actually summed it up pretty well. Inno usually does (seemingly) design new units in a vacuum without considering earlier ages, and in that light, SAAB is 'fine' although an age of extremes. The units were definitely designed to be very good specifically against the units they're boosted against, but also incredibly bad against the units they aren't good against. Hover Hammers for example are obviously going to work extremely well against Nails and B.E.L.T.s since they don't retaliate, while getting decimated by Drills and Shredders. The rest of the units work pretty similarly.

But the big problem is that SAM units can still be used since they're still statistically viable, and they end up performing better in a lot of cases due to having the same unit bonuses. Sentinels are probably the biggest outlier since not only will they work just as well as Hammers against ranged and artillery, they also don't have to worry about retaliation from light and heavy units that should 'beat' them. In fact, in a lot of cases Sentinels would probably rather face Shredders than Wardens because they don't have Force Field and can more reliably be brought down in two or even one shot!

But like @Crollito said above, Venus should be nothing but exciting in terms of units when it releases. If they stick with this low-range stuff, SAM will probably be too weak in terms of stats to really push forward with and the Venus units will feel like a true 'upgrade'. If they go back to 'everything is a ranged unit', then it'll feel even better and SAM will definitely be retired. Either way though, I can't see Venus units also being underwhelming to the point of not wanting to use them...and in both cases, SAAB is going to be quickly forgotten about. lol

Resipsa2

Well the good news is the units in Space Age Venus can't be worse than those in SAAB, so we'll have something to look forward to. It would be interesting to know the reasoning behind the dev's design decisions on SAAB units besides "theme."
4 of 6 units are range 1 or 2 AND none have attack bonuses... i.e. worst than SAM and VF // and the reoccurring quests are much worst - they cut out ability to pay coin and supply.

qaccy

@Resipsa2 What do you mean by 'none have attack bonuses'? The normal attack/defense bonuses against other units are still present, and all but the Shredder have terrain bonuses as well. Did you mean something else?

Also, what do you mean by 'worse than VF'? VF wasn't a very good age either, aside from the Rocket Troop.

DeletedUser40618

SAAB units are underwhelming compared to Mars units. I breezed through the SAAB map using only Mars units (mostly sentinels). I have no reason to recruit or use SAAB units other than to complete a quest. I also had no problem getting through all 4 levels of GE with Mars units.

The space carrier gb isn’t very useful for me as a SAAB player. I only need asteroid ice at this point. I can still produce promethium (30k) and orichalcum (10k) anytime I need it (which I don’t). I have over 30k Mars ore so I don’t need more of that either. That means there’s a 75% chance of getting a special good I don’t need. And as we get new ages, the percentages of special goods you really need will most likely get lower with the newest age special goods getting added in to the mix. It just doesn’t seem like a good investment for high end players. Yes, there’s the negotiation bonus but why would I negotiate when I can win fights and not spend or lose any resources?

DeletedUser

Nail Storm seems to be the only unit to work at attrition 0 to 60+ (auto mode) if not confronted with Nail Storm, lol.
There is no heavy + 7 rogues option in SAAB, the SAAB fast is plain laughable...
Sentinel needs manual fight over 60 attrition and takes serious losses under 60, Steel warden stops to be useful from attrition 50-ish