• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age GvG in Arctic ERA

wolfhoundtoo

There is no Artic era GVG. They made an all eras/age map in which you can use any troops that you want to but obviously as new ages arrive the players in those ages will have some of those troops to place on the map.

wolfhoundtoo

Request denied. :)

When they designed the all ages map (which is the actual name of the GVG map you are referring to) they said it was the last and would accommodate (wait for it) troops of all eras. So sorry it doesn't fit in your head space but alas for you Inno made a rule you don't like. Such is the nature of games. I'm sure most people would change something about FOE because they think it makes more sense.

Flavius Belisarius

Your rhetoric is not valid.
At the time they said it was the last and would accommodate troops of all eras there was not even an inkling of Space AGE. Oceanic and Virtual, yes. They even forbid the use of Bronze Age Troops because of the abuse that led to farming.
So while I understand you think it okay to castigate my suggestion, my suggestion still represents a valid appeal to repeal what has become an obstacle for players in far lower ages.

UBERhelp1

Your rhetoric is not valid.
At the time they said it was the last and would accommodate troops of all eras there was not even an inkling of Space AGE. Oceanic and Virtual, yes. They even forbid the use of Bronze Age Troops because of the abuse that led to farming.
So while I understand you think it okay to castigate my suggestion, my suggestion still represents a valid appeal to repeal what has become an obstacle for players in far lower ages.
For players in "far lower ages" there's the rest of the GvG maps... not sure I see the problem.

Johnny B. Goode

Why are Space combat units used in Arctic Era?
Shouldn't they be used in a Space Era/Venue? Like the Moon.
A) There is no "Arctic Era" in GvG. (Or in the game. There is Arctic Future, though.)
B) There will be no new GvG maps, such as "Space Era", per Inno's own declaration.
C) There is no Moon era in the game.
D) The only GvG map on which units higher than Future Era can be used is the All Ages map, and since that by definition includes everything not specifically excluded, then that is why Space combat units can be used there.
Question answered, terms clarified, end of discussion. (Well, it won't be, but one can dream.)