• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Mars

Agent327

I can't find an answer to this that is clear - Will we be able to do Recurring Quests that give the goods from SA:M? Or are these goods so special, you can only produce them with Ore in the new colony? And I agree, the GBS's are pretty lame. No comment on Virgo other than I'd rather build the Voyager, which isn't happening either, cause of the limited usage. The market works pretty well to get prior age goods....How hard is it to listen to your player base, do studies, and LEARN INNO Games....

Question has already been answered in this thread. Just look it up. You blame Inno for not listening to the player base. Do you? Answer has already been given.

DeletedUser31442

...and keep up the good work! it is impressive to see veterans which still find the game exciting and enjoyable regardless of some of the negative feedback (they say 20 people will speak about something negative , while only 1 will say something positive, given a higher percentage of pessimist are extroverted while optimist tend to be introverted) but at the same time new players are joining and playing with the same passion !

Definitely agree with you there and your enthusiasm :cool:

qaccy

I don't think Virgo's really useless. In the strictest terms, useless would mean no effect whatsoever. Obviously that's not what people mean when they use the term a lot of the time, but even then the effect is obviously going to have an impact in the battles where it goes off. Is it unreliable and expensive? Sure is! But when you're talking about the upper class of players, I think raising a Virgo is probably going to have more of a positive effect for them than adding another handful of levels to a GB that's already nearing or beyond 100, or filling the 5x5 footprint with something else.

All of that aside, I personally don't like the effect myself. I think it's uninspired and goes a long way towards weakening every single other offensive military GB, especially for those who may have scaled back the amount of fighting they do such that it almost lines up with the amount of charges a Virgo offers.

DeletedUser28371

IF I am reading this correctly anybody in VF with Renovation kits/One-Ups Has now got useless junk in their inventory as we won't (as has always been the case) be able to move our Terrace Farms/Sleigh Builders/Sunken Treasures or IMPORTANTLY any special buildings to SAM level and produce SAM goods...So IF I'm correct, the question is: Why didn't Inno think this through and tell people well in advance? :mad::mad::mad:
So you guys don't dominate. They want everyone on an even platform. As I have always said, this game is about building a city, not maximizing potental and collecting the buildings to do so. This is their choice and since they tend not to care what diamond purchasers think, our choices are stay and have fun or depart.

DeletedUser28371

I don't think Virgo's really useless. In the strictest terms, useless would mean no effect whatsoever. Obviously that's not what people mean when they use the term a lot of the time, but even then the effect is obviously going to have an impact in the battles where it goes off. Is it unreliable and expensive? Sure is! But when you're talking about the upper class of players, I think raising a Virgo is probably going to have more of a positive effect for them than adding another handful of levels to a GB that's already nearing or beyond 100, or filling the 5x5 footprint with something else.

All of that aside, I personally don't like the effect myself. I think it's uninspired and goes a long way towards weakening every single other offensive military GB, especially for those who may have scaled back the amount of fighting they do such that it almost lines up with the amount of charges a Virgo offers.
And I believe that was the point until it was removed from PvP. I believe when it goes live it will only be usable against AI. Personally, I never liked fighting against the AI so something that lets be kill it quickly works for me.

I see value in both buildings. Others don't. I have building that remain in my city because of their asethic qualities or what they represent in the real world. This is how I play. If it gets me stuck I throw so diamonds at it and Im not unstuck. I m in late tommorrow so It works for me. I have fun.

DeletedUser28371

Is there a wiki page yet for "The Virgo Project" GB? What are the percentages? If this becomes a GB that those in the very early ages end up getting from their guildmates, it could really hurt PvP. I reserve my full opinion till I can read all the stuff on this GB. The rest of the stuff sounds interesting, but I'm stil a long ways off in getting to that era.
My guild has one member that can enter SAM on launch day and he said that as soon as he builds both GBs he will and Guild leader will help the rest of the guild that wants them.

[removed this because I was stupid forgot nerf means no it wont. Really we need that strategy banned. ]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28371

As far as is known, at level 70 it gives you a close to 70% chance for 4 missile launches. Maybe they will change that. I don't know, but with that number it is rather useless for anything.

I can see why it got this much comment on beta. When I look at myself, I brought op my defence GB's to level 80. Didn't have to do it but wanted to do it, so now, when I get one of the known plunderers in my hood, they leave me alone. Some can call that a total waste of fp's, but it was my choice. It was a big investmenty, but it works like I wanted it to work. Now when Virgo could be used in PvP it would be a real waste of fp's. All those fp's down the drain, cause I could still be defeated with ease. So I understand why a lot of players complaint and they nerfed it. Thing is, they should have thought of it in the first place. How cxan you develope something and not see that. Now they have introduced a useless GB. It's a shame, cause with HC and TA it seemed that there would not be more useless GB's.
This is why I think it should not be nerfed, but you have a valid point about the fact that it shouldnt been to begin with. On the other hand, having it nerfed will reduce the amount of people who have it so again, it will onlu be valuable to those in GvG, GE or BG. I want to unleash it on the campaign map. But that is me.

DeletedUser22214

Based on the comments above at level 70 it has a 70% chance of hitting with 4 tries per day. That means that the likelihood of it working is for around 3 battles a day. I don't see why that would be that useful to a player who already has boosted their attack to over 500. They won't need it for GE, it's too few hits to be of any real use for GvG, and even for battlefields where it could give the player 3 extra wins after they attrition out, I fail to see how that would be worth the cost.

DeletedUser40061

this new event sounds very exciting..it has peaked my interest. hoping i can take part in it.

qaccy

Based on the comments above at level 70 it has a 70% chance of hitting with 4 tries per day. That means that the likelihood of it working is for around 3 battles a day. I don't see why that would be that useful to a player who already has boosted their attack to over 500. They won't need it for GE, it's too few hits to be of any real use for GvG, and even for battlefields where it could give the player 3 extra wins after they attrition out, I fail to see how that would be worth the cost.

As I said, it's still a benefit. Me personally, I'd rather take the time to level a Virgo than get a few extra % points out of my level 100+ CDM, Zeus, and/or CoA if I had those because those have even worse returns by the time they're at triple-digit levels.

Honestly it's similar to how a lot of people responded to the Blue Galaxy when it was first released. Everyone wants a new GB to be good immediately, and of course there's no reason why it can't be, but even if it's not top-tier a GB is still usually better than putting normal buildings into its space because they scale endlessly due to no level cap, provide unique effects, and any player probably has a 'priority list' when it comes to GB levelling where eventually yes, any GB that provides an effect they can't get elsewhere or at least for cheaper will be considered. Virgo and Star Gazer both fall into this latter (but weaker) category IMO.

DeletedUser30900

As I said, it's still a benefit. Me personally, I'd rather take the time to level a Virgo than get a few extra % points out of my level 100+ CDM, Zeus, and/or CoA if I had those because those have even worse returns by the time they're at triple-digit levels.

Honestly it's similar to how a lot of people responded to the Blue Galaxy when it was first released. Everyone wants a new GB to be good immediately, and of course there's no reason why it can't be, but even if it's not top-tier a GB is still usually better than putting normal buildings into its space because they scale endlessly due to no level cap, provide unique effects, and any player probably has a 'priority list' when it comes to GB levelling where eventually yes, any GB that provides an effect they can't get elsewhere or at least for cheaper will be considered. Virgo and Star Gazer both fall into this latter (but weaker) category IMO.
First of all, you don’t have to post the same thing on both regular and beta forum. Especially when it’s a wrong way of thinking. You just gonna get twice amount of criticism:p anyway, your theory works for BG only because Inno keep feeding us better event buildings. When it was released, the best one who can gives FP are palaces which even double only give you 5 extra points. And to make it fully applied to palaces only is almost impossible( you need 13 palaces to do so) Which made BG give you average 30 points when lv60. It’s stupid to build that at that time. But since then Inno broke their daily fp cap on the specials and now BG getting higher and higher average return.
This new GB however, don’t have a potential to get better by change of the game. On the opposite, they just nerfed it so it can’t be used on pvp. So unless Inno gonna come out with a GE lv5 which is just impossible to fight without over 900 bonus(which will never happen), this GB is nothing but trash.
I’m talking about Virgo of course.. the other one.... is just useless no matter what.

DeletedUser3882

Especially when it’s a wrong way of thinking.

This new GB however, don’t have a potential to get better by change of the game. On the opposite, they just nerfed it so it can’t be used on pvp. So unless Inno gonna come out with a GE lv5 which is just impossible to fight without over 900 bonus(which will never happen), this GB is nothing but trash.
I’m talking about Virgo of course.. the other one.... is just useless no matter what.

Au contraire mon frère! Hold up! Wait a minute! Not so fast my friend... (How many more cliched, umm, cliches can I throw in there?!?)

I think it’s a mistake to look at both of these buildings with any sort of shortsightedness. All we need to do is pay attention to recent announcements and see the devs have plenty of new tricks up their sleeves. All we know for sure right now is how SAM looks based off of testing on BETA. But what about Battlegrounds? SA:Cera coming soon will surely shed some more light.

It’s an exciting time right now with a few new inventions coming on the horizons. SAM already plays completely different than any other era, much like how we all felt about PE implementing 2 lanes changing age old city building strategies, ME with how our goods worked, AF with the need for special goods.

I don’t think the devs are contemplating how these buildings will affect, or be used by lower age players finding some loophole (like Hemeji Castle in HMA vs LoA running up supply stocks for RQs??? Really?!? Wish I had that :).
I’d rather think the devs are setting us up for what’s ahead in future ages as the game is changing. Changing in ways you/we/us are not contemplating.

You think Virgo has no use in Battlegrounds? Eeek out a few extra battles to secure a province once attrition has taken its toll and (depending on how they construct everything) the cost of negotiation may be prohibitive??

Star Gazer may just end up quite useful as well as it seems every new announcement just has the feel of some limit being placed on battle, and some priority on negotiations. I see many/most players trying to find ways of procuring SAM goods and stocks of VF dwindling over time. Once CERA hits, looks like there will be very limited means of procuring SAM goods as that “settlement” will be closed. No more mining Mars once you move on.

It may take some time, but I see that the devs have some sort of vision they’re trying to construct. What all that entails, no clue, but I think we need to keep our Rose colored glasses on with a tall, full glass of Kool Aid in hand and see just how everything is going to shake out.

These buildings are not designed to benefit the current state of things. There’s bits and pieces of info already out there and what little we do know shows that these will have some use after all. We just don’t know all the details yet.

A year from now, maybe two, this game will be completely different from an “end game” perspective.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30900

You think Virgo has no use in Battlegrounds? Eeek out a few extra battles to secure a province once attrition has taken its toll and (depending on how they construct everything) the cost of negotiation may be prohibitive??
i give you that, but the only way this works is you fight until you cant then go collect virgo and try to push forward again. And only less than 10% of the player would use it this way(i will if i need to)
Star Gazer may just end up quite useful as well as it seems every new announcement just has the feel of some limit being placed on battle, and some priority on negotiations. I see many/most players trying to find ways of procuring SAM goods and stocks of VF dwindling over time. Once CERA hits, looks like there will be very limited means of procuring SAM goods as that “settlement” will be closed. No more mining Mars once you move on.
every time i moved up age, i used one week before that to loop for goods until they are at least 10k each, with my lv62 CF, its time consuming but not that much. If 10k goods cant help me through the new tech, i will just do 20k, no need to build an extra building for something i can do with my cf alone.

DeletedUser3882

Very true @icarusethan and I do not disagree with you.

I’m just trying to play a little devil’s advocate and find some reason for releasing some “less than stellar” buildings (As far as we know so far!). Up to this point, even if there was a useless new building released with a new age, at least the other one bordered on pure awesomeness to kinda balance it out.

There must be a reason BOTH fall into the former this round :)

(Either the future is not so bright, or these glasses may be a little too tinted?!? Either way, the Kool Aid is still cool and refreshing)

Hmmmm so if we can not upgrade Specialty Buildings, then what is the point of "Era up" like we have done in the past?!?
As stated above, Reno and One-up kits would be useless. Only if we had somewhere somehow to trade items in storage.

So it appears VF is really as high as anyone can go. Our cities can not grow any further?!?
Essentially the game has peaked. Like a river that has met the Ocean. Only tributaries of that river are able to grow.

Personally having colonies worries me. I attribute the Viking settlement to a baby bird which needs to be fed every 15 mins. Very needy of my time which I can't put into it.
I work construction and can not get on the game for 9-10 hrs/d. So my baby bird dies :-(
At best, competed one settlement in Beta and missed all the timed bonus's and only have Yggdrasil at L1.

If the SAM colony need the same amount attention, then I don't how excited to be at the moment. Don't want to leave a pile of dead baby birds lying around....

Off topic: If Inno could come up with an "Aid All" button, that would be awesome. Like an "Aid all guild-mates", "Aid all friends" and an "Aid all neighbors". Would make life here so much easier, especially on mobile. [ just thinking out loud ]

Thanx for listening :)