• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Mars

DeletedUser25252

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires! If you wish to leave any feedback about this version, please leave the feedback here or visit us on Facebook!.

DeletedUser38815

@Menace @InnoGames could you please let us know if the Virgo Project has been disabled for being used in PvP (hood) like in Beta or not? the announcement doesn't specify, thank you

DeletedUser22214

Looks like Inno ignored all of the suggestions to fix the Great Buildings for SAM and decided that they don't want money from diamond purchases from people who really want these buildings because who would want them

lupo1023

will goods great buildings (e.g. lighthouse, st. marks) produce arctic future goods? just wondering how this works if goods buildings won't be using unrefined goods. still need AF goods to gather promethium?

DeletedUser13838

I'm trying to figure out why I would want a space age mars GB that only seems useful for people who are not in space age mars.

DeletedUser21021

I was wondering if we could have Guild level Settlements so we could organize together and have MORE interaction. I was wondering if we could have a Tavern chat window much like the guild window but without the ability to add more messages - just the one thread. Some people are better at managing resources and teamwork would be nice outside of dropping armies on maps.

Galechade

Am I understanding this correctly? Once one completes the Mars colony and moves to the next colony, the Mars colony and everything in it is gone?

qaccy

Cautiously excited for the new age. VF was solid (though expensive), and SAM looks to be attempting to shake things up further. Goods production is radically changing, and Inno's figured out how to give the AI access to a better version of the Arctic Orangery so battles are probably going to be a lot more unpredictable. AR targeting sounded pretty cool until it hit me that Inno only implemented it to give the AI better odds against us lol

DeletedUser29726

Combined with the announcement that there'll never be new GvG maps, I won't be entering mars on my main world as that'd be the end of my GBs making any GvG-relevant goods. It's possible in the long run battlegrounds will be good enough that I'll forget GvG which I don't really even enjoy anymore but I'm not going to move forward before there's at least an implementation on beta for them to get an idea for what will actually matter.

In a few months time I'll try to get one of my diamond mines up to play with mars, because some of it does look interesting.

UBERhelp1

Combined with the announcement that there'll never be new GvG maps, I won't be entering mars on my main world as that'd be the end of my GBs making any GvG-relevant goods. It's possible in the long run battlegrounds will be good enough that I'll forget GvG which I don't really even enjoy anymore but I'm not going to move forward before there's at least an implementation on beta for them to get an idea for what will actually matter.

In a few months time I'll try to get one of my diamond mines up to play with mars, because some of it does look interesting.
Who knows, maybe GBa (Idk. We need an abbreviation for Guild Battlegrounds) will replace GE as the primary means of guilds competing.

DeletedUser29726

it'll probably be BGs just dropping the guild part eventually as that's a short-form for battlegrounds in many games.

DeletedUser22214

I am not sure I will enter SAM. The GBs are garbage so no one will want the goods. We will see if Battlefields change the metric on post FE goods enough to make it worthwhile to enter. It's a shame because aside from the GBs the age does look very interesting and well done. Too bad inno ignored a ton of advice on beta regarding the GBs. Why ask the beta forum for advice only to ignore it?

DeletedUser23685

So with these new colonies, we will build them up kind of like the viking settlements and once it's done and we move to the next colony, we start all over again? I really hated the settlement thing to keep starting over and over and if this is how the next ERA is going to work, I'm honestly not impressed. Both of the GBs don't seem great as it is and what is the incentive to move forwards? Does inno even read the feedback of what players want?

Kranyar the Mysterious

So it says that a victory expansion was already added, but the last victory expansion was added with the last part of VF wasn't it? It seems like it was back when I got my HC that I got it. So what gives?

Honestly, I hope the people who move to this age enjoy it, but from a personal standpoint I don't see any attraction to moving any of my cities forward because of it, and the great buildings are just trash in any era. Stargazer seems tempting in my lower age city, but after running the numbers just doesn't pencil out. Virgo Project was bad before the nerf, now it may be the worst building in the game.

Remember, friends don't let friends build the Colosseum or Notre Dame, nor Virgo Project either (though the first two kinda look pretty good in comparison to me now).

DeletedUser26488

IF I am reading this correctly anybody in VF with Renovation kits/One-Ups Has now got useless junk in their inventory as we won't (as has always been the case) be able to move our Terrace Farms/Sleigh Builders/Sunken Treasures or IMPORTANTLY any special buildings to SAM level and produce SAM goods...So IF I'm correct, the question is: Why didn't Inno think this through and tell people well in advance? :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28592

Thanks inno! you guys do a great job. I'm going "all in" for this new era. the star gazer is the perfect building to allow a player to go "all in" (that means renovate all special/event buildings to the current age and still have a steady supply of 1 age lower goods for negotiating in GE if needed (as well as trading and negotiating the map for those who are farmers rather than fighters) . The virgo project seems to have minimal usage similar to kraken, HC and Blue galaxy but when it comes down to it those few bonuses I couldn't see playing without them. when used properly those few gains are "huge gains" ...and when it comes to fighting in regard to the new battle ground mini game I believe The virgo project is going to be essential for competing in this new addition to the game (considering the assumption can be made that there will be some extremely difficult battles that create a new challenge that will force players to put a lot of effort into constructing their cities to support a better fighting ability). Like the archeology event (which regardless of the rewards was just plain fun to play) believe the addition of "battle grounds" is going to provide a similar effect: regardless of the rewards , although gaining rewards such as fps and special buildings will definitely be nice! I think the best advantage of battle grounds will be the excitement of achieving something as a guild that gives good rewards. those with star gazer will reach goals to help the guild that others can't. (it will almost be like a cheat building). but back to space age mars...very happy to see that rocket troops will still be effective for fighting in this era as well as the new troop "steel warden" which should be able to replace "ronin bots" to give additional support and points when using in battle. The mars era seems like there is a lot to wrap your head around (given the simultaneous addition coming in late june "battle grounds" and the "mars outpost" similar to settlements but with a better necessary purpose but the new troops ,new great buildings and ofcourse new expansions actually relieve one of the most complicated aspects of the game (balancing goods production) in the past I would have recommended the very complicated method of balancing special/event buildings to accommodate the production of goods for various ages especially when entering arctic future. but with virgo project players will be able to go completely forward …...yes there is the 2 age lower good that may be a problem ,but the allowance to maximize current age goods and be relieved of 1 age lower good production should make it very easy to gather whatever good needed since at worst you will only need to trade 1 sam good for 1.5 of 2 ages lower goods. (ofcoarse at best 1 sam to 2 ages lower). finally added a few terrace farms to my city. unlike before I will finally put a bunch of those reno kits to good use and produce a decent amount of sam goods on day 1 (thanks to star gazer). pretty comfortable understanding and preparing for everything coming with this age and the battlegrounds as well. well done inno team! look forward to the fun challenges . but most importantly look forward to "space age ceres" looking like "SAM" will be similar to "tomorrow and arctic future" pretty simple to master after leaving the previous era. but the difference is there will it will be more enjoyable:)

DeletedUser28592

...and keep up the good work! it is impressive to see veterans which still find the game exciting and enjoyable regardless of some of the negative feedback (they say 20 people will speak about something negative , while only 1 will say something positive, given a higher percentage of pessimist are extroverted while optimist tend to be introverted) but at the same time new players are joining and playing with the same passion !