• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Mars

saknika

I'm no where near SAM yet, but I'm excited to get the Stargazer. Since I'm still in FE, and we're struggling to get TE goods in the guild (no one wants to be in TE that we can find LOL), having a GB that produced previous era goods would be awesome. It's interesting to see how the new game mechanics are going to be for this era. If I'm understanding correctly, you have to mine them from your colony instead of re-refining them like has been done up until now? I'd be surprised if event buildings didn't produce the goods, since that would also change how event buildings in general have to work... Which would make me figure that event buildings that make goods will be all that much more important.

It's certainly looking like the SAM military troops are going to spell the end of how OP my beloved HTs are though. LOL

saknika

hover tanks are always good, just require a little more manual rather than auto battle as you go up . since battle ground feed back isn't an option yet want to ad this special message to those who have been having trouble deciding which guild they want to be committed to when battle ground arrives...…...: aside from that HTs will be very important for the higher age maps . there use only fails when you become like me... when you want to fight the laziest way possible:)
Oh, I'm auto battle or bust most days. LOL Enough game lag going in and out of battles makes it so auto battle is less frustrating.

DeletedUser26131

Looks like Inno ignored all of the suggestions to fix the Great Buildings for SAM and decided that they don't want money from diamond purchases from people who really want these buildings because who would want them
My thought alse, I feel indeed completely ignored, no need to jump into Mars for now, lets see if Ceres will be better designed, I fear the worst but room for improvement Inno, lets see what you gona do. The 2 GBs are crab like the other not to build GBs so I can only say ty for giving us the great VF camping age.

qaccy

@saknika Yeah, HTs are hard enough to use against VF units. SAM units add another healthy stat boost and add in AR targeting, and you're really going to be better off just using Ronins because even without the stealth they'll generally be taking less damage and hitting MUCH harder.

Agent327

IF I am reading this correctly anybody in VF with Renovation kits/One-Ups Has now got useless junk in their inventory as we won't (as has always been the case) be able to move our Terrace Farms/Sleigh Builders/Sunken Treasures or IMPORTANTLY any special buildings to SAM level and produce SAM goods...So IF I'm correct, the question is: Why didn't Inno think this through and tell people well in advance? :mad::mad::mad:

You are not reading correctly.

Toppcatt

New goals-
Virgo Project!!!

I have to agree, and I'm thinking the BPs for this GB, and especially the Goods needed to build it, will be totally "hot items". I can also see the Goods for it, getting "sold" by some Players for outrageous amounts. LOL

Jase249

IF I am reading this correctly anybody in VF with Renovation kits/One-Ups Has now got useless junk in their inventory as we won't (as has always been the case) be able to move our Terrace Farms/Sleigh Builders/Sunken Treasures or IMPORTANTLY any special buildings to SAM level and produce SAM goods...So IF I'm correct, the question is: Why didn't Inno think this through and tell people well in advance? :mad::mad::mad:

You CAN use 1-up/Renos on Event Buildings to make them SA:M producers. Also, from what I've heard (I'm camped in CE on beta) the RQs will kick out SA:M goods so CF is essentially a SA:M goods producer.

I have to agree, and I'm thinking the BPs for this GB, and especially the Goods needed to build it, will be totally "hot items". I can also see the Goods for it, getting "sold" by some Players for outrageous amounts. LOL

I'll be selling them for pretty reasonable deals in the hope I can make some FPs off it before everyone figures out TVP is terrible.

Godly Luke

And you know what, I don't care about the price!

centaurgod

Is there a wiki page yet for "The Virgo Project" GB? What are the percentages? If this becomes a GB that those in the very early ages end up getting from their guildmates, it could really hurt PvP. I reserve my full opinion till I can read all the stuff on this GB. The rest of the stuff sounds interesting, but I'm stil a long ways off in getting to that era.

DeletedUser

VP was being nerfed so it's not going to work in the hood?
Please get an answer to that
OMG, that means we have twice the Nore-Dame effect - useless GB

Kranyar the Mysterious

VP was being nerfed so it's not going to work in the hood?
Please get an answer to that
OMG, that means we have twice the Nore-Dame effect - useless GB

Correct, it appears that Virgo Project will not work in the neighborhood, the same as the change in beta. And unlike Kraken and AO, it doesn't have the fp production as it's other bonus. I really recommend that people truely look at the amount of fp needed to level it, and compare that to how many realistic chances per day it will work for you before building it.

RazorbackPirate

Correct, it appears that Virgo Project will not work in the neighborhood, the same as the change in beta. And unlike Kraken and AO, it doesn't have the fp production as it's other bonus. I really recommend that people truely look at the amount of fp needed to level it, and compare that to how many realistic chances per day it will work for you before building it.
I agree. It sounds like this GB won't come into it's own until Battlegrounds is released. It seems that's the place where wiping out half the battlefield could be valuable. Only time will tell.

BruteForceAttack

At least for now it will work with PVP, but they will nerf it later...no ETA as such when the nerf is gonna happen.

Godly Luke

Nvm, changed my mind. Dang! But why??

DeletedUser29726

Nvm, changed my mind. Dang! But why??

There was a lot of protest over invalidating all work on defense people had put in.

Of course they could've fixed that by changing the effect to something that isn't so broken it needs to be limited to 3-5 charges.

DeletedUser30312

It's a shame Virgo Project won't be usable in a hood, but then given just how much a player can overwhelm neighbors now it's understandable. That doesn't mean it isn't useless for GvG or GE though, and it could be powerful for Battlegrounds. It seems it has a very limited number of uses a day which is unfortunate too, which risks putting it roughly in the same class as the Voyager V1.

I think people may be underestimating the Star Gazer. That could be pretty good for people who negotiate GE. I keep some goods producers an age behind to handle GE costs where I choose to negotiate, but then that lessens current age production. I can see it being useful for merchants and it might be helpful with Battlegrounds too, if it uses good like the GE does.

It would be helpful if the announcement listed the footprints for these GBs. I believe the Virgo is supposed to be 5x5, but I have no idea how much space the SG is.

RazorbackPirate

I think people may be underestimating the Star Gazer. That could be pretty good for people who negotiate GE. I keep some goods producers an age behind to handle GE costs where I choose to negotiate, but then that lessens current age production. I can see it being useful for merchants and it might be helpful with Battlegrounds too, if it uses good like the GE does.
One of the things that excites me about ageing up is leaving all my special buildings an age behind to supply previous age goods. Between RQs and GBs, I'll still have plenty of current age goods, a steady supply of previous age should lessen the need to post weekly trades.

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, I do that too. Star Gazer could make that unnecessary though. And then there's the issue with refined and unrefined goods once one hits Modern.

Agent327

I agree. It sounds like this GB won't come into it's own until Battlegrounds is released. It seems that's the place where wiping out half the battlefield could be valuable. Only time will tell.

As far as is known, at level 70 it gives you a close to 70% chance for 4 missile launches. Maybe they will change that. I don't know, but with that number it is rather useless for anything.

I can see why it got this much comment on beta. When I look at myself, I brought op my defence GB's to level 80. Didn't have to do it but wanted to do it, so now, when I get one of the known plunderers in my hood, they leave me alone. Some can call that a total waste of fp's, but it was my choice. It was a big investmenty, but it works like I wanted it to work. Now when Virgo could be used in PvP it would be a real waste of fp's. All those fp's down the drain, cause I could still be defeated with ease. So I understand why a lot of players complaint and they nerfed it. Thing is, they should have thought of it in the first place. How cxan you develope something and not see that. Now they have introduced a useless GB. It's a shame, cause with HC and TA it seemed that there would not be more useless GB's.