• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Mars

DeletedUser22214

Considering that there is also negotiating and there is no attrition with that, you could still take the province with a negotiation if you attritioned out of fighting for the day in the battlegrounds. So to say that it would be worth using by waiting on it and then collecting when you attrition out in battlegrounds for the day is silly. The fact is that it is so overpowered that inno tried to balance it by giving it very few hits but it having so few hits makes it essentially worthless. They should have gone back to the drawing board on this building and scrapped this idea completely.

DeletedUser22214

Hmmmm so if we can not upgrade Specialty Buildings, then what is the point of "Era up" like we have done in the past?!?
As stated above, Reno and One-up kits would be useless. Only if we had somewhere somehow to trade items in storage.

So it appears VF is really as high as anyone can go. Our cities can not grow any further?!?
Essentially the game has peaked. Like a river that has met the Ocean. Only tributaries of that river are able to grow.

Personally having colonies worries me. I attribute the Viking settlement to a baby bird which needs to be fed every 15 mins. Very needy of my time which I can't put into it.
I work construction and can not get on the game for 9-10 hrs/d. So my baby bird dies :-(
At best, competed one settlement in Beta and missed all the timed bonus's and only have Yggdrasil at L1.

If the SAM colony need the same amount attention, then I don't how excited to be at the moment. Don't want to leave a pile of dead baby birds lying around....

Off topic: If Inno could come up with an "Aid All" button, that would be awesome. Like an "Aid all guild-mates", "Aid all friends" and an "Aid all neighbors". Would make life here so much easier, especially on mobile. [ just thinking out loud ]

Thanx for listening :)

Where is the source for this point that you can't 'era up' event buildings?

qaccy

@icarusethan There's feedback threads on both, so why not post in both? Different people to respond to in both areas after all. The point still remains that we all have our 'priority list' for how worthy a given GB is, much like anything else we decide to place in our city. You can check back through the various historical event threads for feedback on each's grand prize for verification of that. It's no different here. There are going to be players who desire one or both of these GBs in their current forms and perceive that they get a benefit from them. They've evaluated them just as you or I have, and found them to be worth having. I personally don't think that time comes until pretty far down the road for Virgo and a lot closer for Star Gazer, but that's based on my own criteria and I still think both are better than other non-GBs. You say you cycle quests to amass goods before moving up in age, which obviously means most if not all other goods production is unattractive to you, which is fine. I'm here to remind you that not everyone does this for one reason or another, and as such they'd see a lot more value in anything that produces goods. 'Worthless to me' does not mean 'worthless to all', which a lot of people seem to forget here when they're commenting on something like a new GB. And IMO, as long as a GB is useful to some portion of the playerbase then it's basically fine. I'm honestly more concerned when a GB is considered 'mandatory' because that goes against player choice in a pretty big way when you either have something, or you're much worse off without it no matter who you are.

Also, this is more just a pet peeve of mine but how come a lot of 'feedback' in announcements for new ages always seems to focus exclusively just on the GBs? It's almost like everything else doesn't even matter, just add more GBs to the game...but make sure they provide either an FP or attack bonus so nobody complains about them!

Additionally, we here on the forums have a habit of getting into spirited discussions about how to improve, change, or otherwise just judge features we haven't even played with. Ever notice how quiet most feedback threads here get AFTER their related update compared to before it comes out? I don't know what in particular that indicates, but some food for thought.

DeletedUser29726

@icarusethan There's feedback threads on both, so why not post in both? Different people to respond to in both areas after all. The point still remains that we all have our 'priority list' for how worthy a given GB is, much like anything else we decide to place in our city. You can check back through the various historical event threads for feedback on each's grand prize for verification of that. It's no different here. There are going to be players who desire one or both of these GBs in their current forms and perceive that they get a benefit from them. They've evaluated them just as you or I have, and found them to be worth having. I personally don't think that time comes until pretty far down the road for Virgo and a lot closer for Star Gazer, but that's based on my own criteria and I still think both are better than other non-GBs. You say you cycle quests to amass goods before moving up in age, which obviously means most if not all other goods production is unattractive to you, which is fine. I'm here to remind you that not everyone does this for one reason or another, and as such they'd see a lot more value in anything that produces goods. 'Worthless to me' does not mean 'worthless to all', which a lot of people seem to forget here when they're commenting on something like a new GB. And IMO, as long as a GB is useful to some portion of the playerbase then it's basically fine. I'm honestly more concerned when a GB is considered 'mandatory' because that goes against player choice in a pretty big way when you either have something, or you're much worse off without it no matter who you are.

Also, this is more just a pet peeve of mine but how come a lot of 'feedback' in announcements for new ages always seems to focus exclusively just on the GBs? It's almost like everything else doesn't even matter, just add more GBs to the game...but make sure they provide either an FP or attack bonus so nobody complains about them!

Additionally, we here on the forums have a habit of getting into spirited discussions about how to improve, change, or otherwise just judge features we haven't even played with. Ever notice how quiet most feedback threads here get AFTER their related update compared to before it comes out? I don't know what in particular that indicates, but some food for thought.

Reasons:
1) No new GvG maps (only 5% blah blah, but a big part of actually caring about every age of units for me was the age-locked GvG maps)
2) When there are new mechanics it's hard to comment on them without testing them (i.e. I really won't know what I think about mars ore extraction until I'm there - maybe it's fun, maybe it's another bloody arctic harbor) - and it's a huge time suck to get far enough on beta to be able to test them unless you actually want to play it as a main world.
3) New buildings and artwork are irrelevant because our cities will primarily be filled with event buildings.

Otoh it's usually pretty straightforward analysis you're going to do anyways as to whether the GBs are something you want - so it's easy to comment on. It's also relevant to more people as I imagine even less than 5% of players are VF waiting for the next age.

DeletedUser28592

Au contraire mon frère! Hold up! Wait a minute! Not so fast my friend... (How many more cliched, umm, cliches can I throw in there?!?)

I think it’s a mistake to look at both of these buildings with any sort of shortsightedness. All we need to do is pay attention to recent announcements and see the devs have plenty of new tricks up their sleeves. All we know for sure right now is how SAM looks based off of testing on BETA. But what about Battlegrounds? SA:Cera coming soon will surely shed some more light.

It’s an exciting time right now with a few new inventions coming on the horizons. SAM already plays completely different than any other era, much like how we all felt about PE implementing 2 lanes changing age old city building strategies, ME with how our goods worked, AF with the need for special goods.

I don’t think the devs are contemplating how these buildings will affect, or be used by lower age players finding some loophole (like Hemeji Castle in HMA vs LoA running up supply stocks for RQs??? Really?!? Wish I had that :).
I’d rather think the devs are setting us up for what’s ahead in future ages as the game is changing. Changing in ways you/we/us are not contemplating.

You think Virgo has no use in Battlegrounds? Eeek out a few extra battles to secure a province once attrition has taken its toll and (depending on how they construct everything) the cost of negotiation may be prohibitive??

Star Gazer may just end up quite useful as well as it seems every new announcement just has the feel of some limit being placed on battle, and some priority on negotiations. I see many/most players trying to find ways of procuring SAM goods and stocks of VF dwindling over time. Once CERA hits, looks like there will be very limited means of procuring SAM goods as that “settlement” will be closed. No more mining Mars once you move on.

It may take some time, but I see that the devs have some sort of vision they’re trying to construct. What all that entails, no clue, but I think we need to keep our Rose colored glasses on with a tall, full glass of Kool Aid in hand and see just how everything is going to shake out.

These buildings are not designed to benefit the current state of things. There’s bits and pieces of info already out there and what little we do know shows that these will have some use after all. We just don’t know all the details yet.

A year from now, maybe two, this game will be completely different from an “end game” perspective.
very well said! looking at the game as whole the inno team always brings something new and unexpected. it's challenging when one tries to apply new content to previous strategies but when you instead try to foresee what their plans for the future may be you realize if you can somehow obtain a near level of intelligence that the inno team has regarding the future of this game. you can then realize exploiting the implimentations into the game before others have the same level of forersight ,you will then find yourself with the upperhand even if you are blindly prepared . you will be more prepared than others when new content arrives. many questions and variable regarding new content to come. a few of us are understanding how it all makes sense so far....

DeletedUser28592

in the past it would have been advantageous to keep my knowledge of the game to myself ,as a relatively new player compared to many very strong players. part of a good strategy is to hide ways to become successful in the game. so you can exploit those strategies before others do. but a unique strategy that inno has created with this game is the ability to continue growth and gain through helpful cooperation. it makes it a win win to help others once you reach point of mastery when you need to implement your own strategies to keep the game from getting stale (in between events, ages , etc.) it's really hard to "stop enjoying the game" there is always some way to take advantage of the "many aspects" of fun that this game allows. but on a more deviant note:) like most other games when it is usually advantageous to work against eachother. there is always that sense of fulfillment when that small part of our deviant nature can look back and be 1 of the select few that told a large group "I tried to tell you so...……but you didn't listen":) a win win .feeling good about helping . and feeling good about those who resisted help.

DeletedUser22214

People do have their priority lists which is why I haven't trashed the stargazer. I think it has a limited use and its use is unlikely to be very valuable to SAM players but it does have a use. The Virgo on the other hand is simple math. Is it worth the thousands of fps necessary to level it to level 70 to get 4 attempts with a 70% chance. The answer to that for almost every player will likely be no. It's only use as it stands is likely for battlegrounds to use after you have attritioned out, but I fail to see how the cost would be worth that gain.

DeletedUser40061

What new event??? This is about the new era that is coming up!!!! Not an event and no, you can not take part in it!!!!

what? new era ok..and calm yourself down man..boy you get flustered so much.

DeletedUser26488

Upgrading special buildings from VF to SAM WILL produce SAM goods.
It does say, amongst other things, "All new goods buildings can only be built here"...It makes no mention of being able to produce SAM good in TF/ST/SB/special buildings back in our home cities...Exact clarification is needed here.

Attachments

• SAMOverview.png
    SAMOverview.png
    421.3 KB · Views: 10

BruteForceAttack

It does say, amongst other things, "All new goods buildings can only be built here"...It makes no mention of being able to produce SAM good in TF/ST/SB/special buildings back in our home cities...Exact clarification is needed here.

In Beta many folks have confirmed that they get goods from Terrence farms, Palaces, chateau, etc etc etc

Agent327

what? new era ok..and calm yourself down man..boy you get flustered so much.

Do you know those family birthday parties with the grown-ups in one room and the kids in another room? There is always one kid that wants to sit with the grown-ups and wants to take part of the discussion they are having.

That's why people get flustered.

You can only place SAM goods buildings in your Colony. However, you can upgrade buildings like the Sleigh Builder to produce SAM goods and these buildings just remain in your city. Also they do not need Mars Ore, since they do not use unrefined goods. I think it is a bit of an oversight from Inno. Players that reach SAM will have been playing for a long tiome. In that time they will have acquired a lot of special buildings, so they do not need goods buildings anymore. All they need are one-up or renokits.

Ship - 15 goods
Spire - 15 goods
Tholos 15 goods

Who needs good buildings?

DeletedUser29623

I can see why it got this much comment on beta. When I look at myself, I brought op my defence GB's to level 80. Didn't have to do it but wanted to do it, so now, when I get one of the known plunderers in my hood, they leave me alone. Some can call that a total waste of fp's, but it was my choice. It was a big investmenty, but it works like I wanted it to work. Now when Virgo could be used in PvP it would be a real waste of fp's. All those fp's down the drain, cause I could still be defeated with ease. So I understand why a lot of players complaint and they nerfed it. Thing is, they should have thought of it in the first place. How cxan you develope something and not see that. Now they have introduced a useless GB. It's a shame, cause with HC and TA it seemed that there would not be more useless GB's.

It is amazing to me that they didn't think this through before introducing the first version. The game actively encourages players to build up a city defense. I admit that I haven't really done this myself, but it has worked for higher-age players I know, as Agent327 points out, the way it was supposed to. If you spent enough (some would say too much, but that is a matter of choice) fps on it, it worked. To introduce a GB that invalidates a significant component of the game like that amounts to changing the rules in the middle of play.

Jase249

@Menace Can you tell us approximately what time the SA:M update will occur? I'd like to be able to get my FP collections set up and also be able to pass along info to my friends and guildmates so they can do the same. If you can provide that info it would be much appreciated!