• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Mars

DeletedUser36020

One of my guild members is reporting that the 5 fp from recurring quest has changed to 10 fp, but straight to the bar after he moved to space age mars.

Normally I would completely discount that, but he is an experienced player and seemed quite sure of it. Anyone else can confirm or deny?

Agent327

I'm in Virtual and staying there.... I had a daily challenge this morning to take a sector on the Campaign Map... My Virtual Map is Done and I am locked out of SAM until I reach it... That;s not a problem, and I can live with that... Problem is... INNO has set up SAM's Campaign map to be locked and the QUEST is not taking into consideration that I am locked out... Even the Daily Quest isn't the concern... Event Quest lines usually have a... "Take a Sector"... or "Take a Province"... So the question is,, Due to my lack of desire to move into SAM... Will I be unable to finish any Event that has a quest involving the Campaign map??? I like the Events and it is one of the places I will bust out $100 to buy diamonds to gain the Excellent Buildings...

So INNO,,, Can you fix this please??? If I cannot do the quests,,, You lose Money... Hopefully this is reason enough besides the needs of one of your players...

Yes, there is a big chance you will be unable to finish Events. It all depends on an alternative quest being available and that is noty always the case.

You are facing a "campers" problem. It's not up to Inno to fix it. You can fix it yourself.

Agent327

One of my guild members is reporting that the 5 fp from recurring quest has changed to 10 fp, but straight to the bar after he moved to space age mars.

Normally I would completely discount that, but he is an experienced player and seemed quite sure of it. Anyone else can confirm or deny?

I have seen others mention this as well.

DeletedUser27804

I'm in FE and have fought to the end of the VF campaign map. I'm not a camper, I just like to battle and the story quests gave me AF and OF troops along the way. I got the "acquire a sector" in the daily challenge and asked Inno if it was a glitch.

Inno's official response:

"You will be unable to accomplish that type of requirement until you open up SAM."

Thank you. Kind regards,

Howard
Ingame Moderator
Forge of Empires, U.S.

Zatrikon

I really appreciate that SA:M was released in one chunk, rather than the multiple phases that we've had in recent ages, that I have found annoying.

As to the "useless" GBs: we've had those before, so this is nothing new. Just don't build them. More room in your city for useful things. Not a problem.

BruteForceAttack

I'm in FE and have fought to the end of the VF campaign map. I'm not a camper, I just like to battle and the story quests gave me AF and OF troops along the way. I got the "acquire a sector" in the daily challenge and asked Inno if it was a glitch.

"You will be unable to accomplish that type of requirement until you open up SAM."

Thank you. Kind regards,

Howard
Ingame Moderator
Forge of Empires, U.S.

Question is after you finished VF map, did you scout to go to Mars?

DeletedUser13838

Thank you. Kind regards,

Howard
Ingame Moderator
Forge of Empires, U.S.
How do you expect to fight on Mars if you don't unlock the tech allowing you to travel there? IMO the VF map should have been tech locked the same way.

DeletedUser27804

Always looking for a fight, so yes, I scouted to go to Mars because the option was available. When I got there, it was locked. I have no issues with it except that Inno has stated that the daily challenges wouldn't include impossible quests and now they do. Granted, it's my fault I went 3 ages ahead on the campaign map, but I could, so I did.

DeletedUser13838

You're probably better off anyway. Most of the new units see through stealth and they all have a chance to one-shot your units.

RazorbackPirate

Always looking for a fight, so yes, I scouted to go to Mars because the option was available. When I got there, it was locked. I have no issues with it except that Inno has stated that the daily challenges wouldn't include impossible quests and now they do. Granted, it's my fault I went 3 ages ahead on the campaign map, but I could, so I did.
Except the Daily Challenge did not present an impossible quest. You have an open scouted province, so now it will ask you to take sectors until you acquire it. It's not an impossible task, just a challenge you cannot complete in a day.

This is no different than waiting until an hour before the DC timer runs out before picking a chest, then getting upset about an 'impossible' task requiring then 4 hour productions. Not the DC's fault you waited so long. Seems you'll be missing some challenges until you get your tech sorted out.

DeletedUser27804

True Konrad. It will save the lives of many many rogues :).
I never said I was upset, Razor. The thing about the daily...there will be another one tomorrow....and if it's a 88 5 min production quest, I'll skip that too.

RazorbackPirate

I never said I was upset, Razor. The thing about the daily...there will be another one tomorrow....and if it's a 88 5 min production quest, I'll skip that too.
I didn't say you were upset. I used an example of upset that has been caused by another type of example where folks have used the 'Inno has stated that the daily challenges wouldn't include impossible quests' canard to justify their position or imply that somehow Inno should change FoE to resolve an 'impossible quest' issue of their own creation.

BruteForceAttack

Except the Daily Challenge did not present an impossible quest. You have an open scouted province, so now it will ask you to take sectors until you acquire it. It's not an impossible task, just a challenge you cannot complete in a day.

This is no different than waiting until an hour before the DC timer runs out before picking a chest, then getting upset about an 'impossible' task requiring then 4 hour productions. Not the DC's fault you waited so long. Seems you'll be missing some challenges until you get your tech sorted out.

I don't think he has scouted a "province" per se...he just landed on the map...so it is technically a bug because he has to skip the DC till he reaches Mars.

qaccy

As far as I'm aware, DCs will only skip over including campaign map objectives if your scout is not currently running and all scouted provinces are fully acquired. If either of those things are not true, DCs see those objectives as fair game to present to you.

Also, in case anybody else reading happened to be confused by some of the comments related to this, you don't have to actually research into SAM to be able to scout towards Mars or provinces within it. My city is still in VF and scouting proceeded as normal for me. From where I sit, it looks like the only thing you can't do until you research into SAM is utilize the exploration sites but that has nothing to do with completing DC objectives.

DeletedUser30312

I have seen others mention this as well.

So have I.

As to the "useless" GBs: we've had those before, so this is nothing new. Just don't build them. More room in your city for useful things. Not a problem.

"Useless" is something of a subjective statement WRT GB. Yeah, there are a few like the Colosseum, ND, etc that really aren't worth the space, but many players tend to judge a GB solely on how it will impact their own personal play style, and most of the time, it's a style that involves combat. Just because the Star Gazer doesn't impact combat doesn't make it useless. Besides, VF got two very good combat GBs, so the farmers and merchants deserve a new toy.

Agent327

I don’t like bullies and there are a lot of them playing FoE. Just imagine how you would feel if each time you competed in PvP, you would immediately lose half your troops at the start of the battle.

That is not how it works. Find out first before you comment!

DeletedUser40505

whats up wh the mars thing? post to be on the 26 and now its june 1 and still nothing? ty :)