• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Mars

IngeJones

I have a question. The Help says that after we have completed Mars and started on the next age, we will not need our Mars colonies any more. Does that mean we won't need Mars goods either, to complete research? Or are we meant to be hoarding Mars goods before we are locked out of the colony?

WhatKnot

I wish there was a "BACK" button..so I could return to VF.......I did not like the First settlement...that was created...and don't believe I will venture far in the SA settlement....may be less play time for me...or move on to Mahjong.. :eek:)

qaccy

I have a question. The Help says that after we have completed Mars and started on the next age, we will not need our Mars colonies any more. Does that mean we won't need Mars goods either, to complete research? Or are we meant to be hoarding Mars goods before we are locked out of the colony?

With the primary way to produce Mars goods becoming inaccessible in the next age, I'm assuming that Mars goods will not be needed for many things beyond Mars. This could also explain why the overall goods costs are so high relative to other ages, if the intent is to not use them once we move on to Ceres. Of course, there's still the two GBs that can be built at any time, along with possible negotiations both in the continent map and in GE that need to be considered which I'm hoping Inno has solutions for when the time comes. Or maybe that's when the Star Gazer will rise to power? :p

Note: Before anyone says it, Inno doesn't design the game around players having tons of special buildings in their cities that can produce SAM goods. I don't expect them to go that route for Ceres (and beyond) with an expectation that players will be able to produce an age's worth of SAM goods without colony access.

DeletedUser27392

of course you will need mars goods on next era however there will be options

The gazer gb will make them
Special buildings could make them

And

It is heavily suggested by first tech of cerius that you will be able to make them

DeletedUser33179

whats up wh the mars thing? post to be on the 26 and now its june 1 and still nothing? ty :)

Mars is the new Age after Virtual Future. It's been out for a few days now - but you obviously can't access it if you weren't already at the end of the tech tree beforehand

DeletedUser40505

Mars is the new Age after Virtual Future. It's been out for a few days now - but you obviously can't access it if you weren't already at the end of the tech tree beforehand

um ok theres nothing saying aboutr the tect tree just that it started on the 25 er w,e and thought everone gots to gets it/ nor did I see it sayin you needs to be a certon lvl er age..js :)

saknika

Or maybe that's when the Star Gazer will rise to power? :p
This exact thought crossed my mind when I read the question about the SAM goods for Ceres. Not gonna lie, that'd be ridiculously frustrating if you had to have Star Gazer or a bunch of stuff that made previous era stuff to make it happen.

However, since Inno historically requires 2 to 3 ages of goods from previous eras to complete the current tech tree you're in, I can't imagine this to really be the case. Eventually it wouldn't work. My guess is they'll either make it so you can build the SAM stuff on Ceres, or they'll make it so when you go to those space colonies it'll be like the world map, and when you click to go now you select which one you're visiting. All speculation though, since that's not even being talked about yet by Inno to players.

qaccy

@saknika Like I said though, the Mars colony is planned to become inaccessible once we move on to Ceres rather than having a selection menu for which one we go to (or multiple ships to click on to access different ones). The goods required for research are also pretty focused on SAM. These two points are what led me to speculate that Inno's trying a new approach where an age's goods are only needed for research within the age you unlock them and (maybe) for moving on to the next.

For the record, I think this might be one time when my frequent comparisons to Elvenar might have some merit. That game's new chapters have been defined for the past several years by 'guest races', which introduce new buildings and resources needed for progress that are only used for that single chapter (along with upgrades for your standard buildings, of course). When the next chapter is reached, all of those buildings are completely removed to make way for the new buildings to make new resources. The old stuff is never needed again; it was just for that one chapter. When I saw Mars, I immediately thought of these 'guest races' and the mechanics of Elvenar as the two look very similar to me. The main difference here is that Elvenar has you building everything in your own city, whereas here we actually get a separate map to build all this stuff.

saknika

@saknika Like I said though, the Mars colony is planned to become inaccessible once we move on to Ceres rather than having a selection menu for which one we go to (or multiple ships to click on to access different ones). The goods required for research are also pretty focused on SAM. These two points are what led me to speculate that Inno's trying a new approach where an age's goods are only needed for research within the age you unlock them and (maybe) for moving on to the next.

For the record, I think this might be one time when my frequent comparisons to Elvenar might have some merit. That game's new chapters have been defined for the past several years by 'guest races', which introduce new buildings and resources needed for progress that are only used for that single chapter (along with upgrades for your standard buildings, of course). When the next chapter is reached, all of those buildings are completely removed to make way for the new buildings to make new resources. The old stuff is never needed again; it was just for that one chapter. When I saw Mars, I immediately thought of these 'guest races' and the mechanics of Elvenar as the two look very similar to me. The main difference here is that Elvenar has you building everything in your own city, whereas here we actually get a separate map to build all this stuff.
Interesting. Sounds like it'd be a challenge for goods sellers though, too, if they didn't keep special buildings to produce the earlier stuff. I don't know, it could be a good thing, but I think more than anything else it's going to irritate players.

qaccy

@saknika An experienced goods seller would probably be fine. Based on my speculation though, there probably wouldn't be a big market for SAM goods anyway compared to other ages. The GBs are rather niche compared to previous offerings, and these tend to be what drive goods sales rather than players looking for a boost to get through research.

Of course, the simplest solution could also be the correct one. Maybe we do actually get the ability to produce SAM goods in our cities (rather than the colony) once we move on to SAC. Research names are usually just for flavor, but perhaps 'Mars Goods Synthesizing' actually means what it says!

DeletedUser30312

We'll have to wait and see then. On one hand, we don't know what Inno's planning ahead, and they may have taken these things into account. OTOH, Inno has screwed up before. I still say people are underestimating the Star Gazer though.

DeletedUser33179

We'll have to wait and see then. On one hand, we don't know what Inno's planning ahead, and they may have taken these things into account. OTOH, Inno has screwed up before. I still say people are underestimating the Star Gazer though.

I wish Star Gazer had a secondary boost/benefit, like almost all other GBs do (not that I'd then want it anytime remotely soon, being in PE at the moment).

DeletedUser13838

Something I've noticed is that AR Targetting and the AO do not proc on the same attack. Is that intentional?

DeletedUser8891

What is this BS about having to fight to get Mars ore from a sector that you have already conquered? You should not have to fight to get ore from a sector you already own, the 4 hour wait is enough of a hoop to jump through. It is just idiotic to fight to for something that you own.

Do you developers have any brain cells left. If you guys keep doing stupid things like this, I will just have to quit playing the game.

Last edited by a moderator: