• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Space Age Mars

Zatrikon

And not that it's a big deal, but it really makes no sense for the spaceport to launch the shuttle to Mars at an angle like that. No rocket or other craft intended to leave the Earth's atmosphere is ever launched at an angle. From a space engineering perspective, you'd want it to get out of the atmosphere as quickly as possible, and the shortest distance is straight up. An angle just makes it take longer, and need more fuel, and be subject to more wear and tear.

Algona

And not that it's a big deal, but it really makes no sense for the spaceport to launch the shuttle to Mars at an angle like that. No rocket or other craft intended to leave the Earth's atmosphere is ever launched at an angle. From a space engineering perspective, you'd want it to get out of the atmosphere as quickly as possible, and the shortest distance is straight up. An angle just makes it take longer, and need more fuel, and be subject to more wear and tear.

Good question. Especially since you already (well. most likely) have Cape to launch to Earth orbit. And once you're in orbit, you're half way to everywhere...

IngeJones

It's a new type of technology we do not yet understand.

Zatrikon

OK, a serious question now: How the heck are we supposed to fight for Mars Ore? I unlocked the first exploration site without too much of a problem, but the units guarding the Mars Ore have attack and defense strength over 1000! How can I get anywhere near that? OK, I'll just negotiate for it until I get some SAM units, but usually early stuff in the new age can still be defeated by the previous age's units. And I can't unlock more than the first Mars unit (Space Marines) until I get a whole lot of Mars Ore. If the very first one is this hard, I shudder to think what the next ones will be like.

DeletedUser40618

I used mostly rocket troops early on until I got more SAM units from GE and my town hall. My atk/def is currently 270/120 but it wasn’t that high when I first got to Mars. Now I have no problem getting ore with sentinels, sniper bots, space marines, and the occasional steel warden. Mix in some rogues and you’ll be ok because the battles operate like GE and quests, the enemy units like to target rogues first.

BruteForceAttack

I think you are in serious need of reading comprehension. I didn't say they had a bonus of over 1000, I said they have a total attack/defense strength (after bonus) of over 1000.

But maybe I spoke too soon. This last time, the units I had to face were all slower ones, so my Rocket Troops were able to get in a few free shots before they could hit me, so I was able to defeat them. In previous explorations, other faster units were guarding the Mars Ore that I was not able to defeat.

Artillery units cannot hit flying units (fast), so if you are using 8 rockets and if the enemy has even one flying unit you will always lose 100% of the time.

Use few Ninjas to counter fast units.

Agent327

I think you are in serious need of reading comprehension. I didn't say they had a bonus of over 1000, I said they have a total attack/defense strength (after bonus) of over 1000.

With 110% they don't, but nice try.

But maybe I spoke too soon. This last time, the units I had to face were all slower ones, so my Rocket Troops were able to get in a few free shots before they could hit me, so I was able to defeat them. In previous explorations, other faster units were guarding the Mars Ore that I was not able to defeat.

Could it be troops change????

Zatrikon

Wrong, as you always are. You can pretend you're right by ignoring all the data that prove you wrong, but that doesn't make you right. It only makes you more wrong.

Answers can only be as good as the questions. It's hard to educate those that do not understand.
Answers are only as good as the answerer. And in this case, the answerer is no good at all. You have no desire to answer a question or to be helpful in any way. You can only be educated if you have a desire to be something other than a completely useless and unpleasant person.

If I thought there was any chance of you being educable, I'd advise you to turn off your computer and go meet a human being face-to-face and try making a friend.

Emberguard

Could be. Have you learned to read yet? Your replies have been as helpful as they always are.
Agents answers generally have the info you need if you can read between the lines. Just not always obvious if you haven’t developed reading skills in that area (it’s very much a learned skill) or get distracted by getting defensive because of how it was delivered instead of focusing on what the meat of the content is

Answers can only be as good as the questions. It's hard to educate those that do not understand.
Only to an extent. If the reader of the question does not understand what’s being asked then yes the answer will only be as good as the question. But I’m pretty sure you know what they meant regardless of if they’re right or wrong in some assumptions. They just want a bit of compassion in your answer is all

If I thought there was any chance of you being educable, I'd advise you to turn off your computer and go meet a human being face-to-face and try making a friend.
I answered you, you just do not like it cause it shows you are a fool.

If there isn't as you believe, why suggest it?

Makes you look rather stupid.
Oh boy..... so who wants to go get ice cream or something? ‘Cause I think you two need to chill

Agent327

Only to an extent. If the reader of the question does not understand what’s being asked then yes the answer will only be as good as the question. But I’m pretty sure you know what they meant regardless of if they’re right or wrong in some assumptions. They just want a bit of compassion in your answer is all

Why should I show compassion when most players that complain and whine twist the facts?

75% of the units in SAM that get a 110% boost do not have an attack AND defense of over 1000. Complaining about the attack and defense is totally stupid. If you look at the units in VF it is something you could expect. If you are that far into the game and you do not se that and still don't know how to adapt, you should do yourself a favor and stop playing. Don't whine and blame Inno for your ignorance.

DeletedUser28592

OK, a serious question now: How the heck are we supposed to fight for Mars Ore? I unlocked the first exploration site without too much of a problem, but the units guarding the Mars Ore have attack and defense strength over 1000! How can I get anywhere near that? OK, I'll just negotiate for it until I get some SAM units, but usually early stuff in the new age can still be defeated by the previous age's units. And I can't unlock more than the first Mars unit (Space Marines) until I get a whole lot of Mars Ore. If the very first one is this hard, I shudder to think what the next ones will be like.
yes, this a very good question. the mars ore creates a similar challenge to progressing through the techs as "rare minerals" did in previous eras. coincidently it seems you needs the rare minerals or in this age "mars ore" in order to advance enough through the techs in order to be able to use troops that are needed to mine "mars ore" what a paradox. but there is a solution. much like in previous eras such as anti aircraft in contemporary, hover tanks in future, turtles in OF and rocket artillery in VF those troops are highly effective for most battles in that era as well as many eras above. but each era has a few battles that need a troop other than those main troops for each era. similar to VF , the ronin bots were the default troop for difficult battles in VF given it was very hard to kill them. in the mars era the replacement for ronin bots is the steel warden. they are hard to kill and when using rogues will beat sentinals and many other battles that can't be won with rocket artillery. sometimes it is necessary to hold 1 steel warden back to prevent taking the first attack . but more often auto battle works fine. especially single wave battles. but the real question seems to be how to utilize the troops needed to obtain mars ore in order to unlock the techs needed to unlock the troops needed to obtain mars ore. lol, that great paradox:) one of those challenges inno seems to have the answer to before implementing certain aspects of the game. and it is interesting to see wether or not players figure out the puzzle needed to progress further. everyone does and will figure out how to progress over time and if you are lucky you will do it without spending diamonds. but spend diamonds ,it is good for the game. the inno team does a great job and they deserve the revenue. but diamonds are better spent on a specific reward that you desire from seasonal events. in the meantime remember any troop that is hard to kill even if it is rarely used will most likely be supplemented with rogues. and therefore it is not neccesarry to obtain troops in bulk such as AA units, hover tanks, turtles and rocket artillery which fight so often that a steady supply of troops is needed to replace those that are killed or damaged. those less often used troops can simply be obtained as rewards from the guild expedition. as not to seem condescending, yes everyone knows you can obtain troops from GE upon entering a new era before techs are unlocked. just be careful not to use any "steel wardens " in GE . or use them for any other purpose other than fighting on the mars map to obtain "mars ore" only 2 are needed to obtain all the mars ore you need along with rocket troops and rogues. and if you have the HC great building , recruiting rogues is another obstacle that will be overcome if that is an issue. enjoy the game:) the only real obstacle in mars is the production of supplies. after everything is done, the supply challenge awaits!

DeletedUser28592

yes, this a very good question. the mars ore creates a similar challenge to progressing through the techs as "rare minerals" did in previous eras. coincidently it seems you needs the rare minerals or in this age "mars ore" in order to advance enough through the techs in order to be able to use troops that are needed to mine "mars ore" what a paradox. but there is a solution. much like in previous eras such as anti aircraft in contemporary, hover tanks in future, turtles in OF and rocket artillery in VF those troops are highly effective for most battles in that era as well as many eras above. but each era has a few battles that need a troop other than those main troops for each era. similar to VF , the ronin bots were the default troop for difficult battles in VF given it was very hard to kill them. in the mars era the replacement for ronin bots is the steel warden. they are hard to kill and when using rogues will beat sentinals and many other battles that can't be won with rocket artillery. sometimes it is necessary to hold 1 steel warden back to prevent taking the first attack . but more often auto battle works fine. especially single wave battles. but the real question seems to be how to utilize the troops needed to obtain mars ore in order to unlock the techs needed to unlock the troops needed to obtain mars ore. lol, that great paradox:) one of those challenges inno seems to have the answer to before implementing certain aspects of the game. and it is interesting to see wether or not players figure out the puzzle needed to progress further. everyone does and will figure out how to progress over time and if you are lucky you will do it without spending diamonds. but spend diamonds ,it is good for the game. the inno team does a great job and they deserve the revenue. but diamonds are better spent on a specific reward that you desire from seasonal events. in the meantime remember any troop that is hard to kill even if it is rarely used will most likely be supplemented with rogues. and therefore it is not neccesarry to obtain troops in bulk such as AA units, hover tanks, turtles and rocket artillery which fight so often that a steady supply of troops is needed to replace those that are killed or damaged. those less often used troops can simply be obtained as rewards from the guild expedition. as not to seem condescending, yes everyone knows you can obtain troops from GE upon entering a new era before techs are unlocked. just be careful not to use any "steel wardens " in GE . or use them for any other purpose other than fighting on the mars map to obtain "mars ore" only 2 are needed to obtain all the mars ore you need along with rocket troops and rogues. and if you have the HC great building , recruiting rogues is another obstacle that will be overcome if that is an issue. enjoy the game:) the only real obstacle in mars is the production of supplies. after everything is done, the supply challenge awaits!
…..and most importantly don't be afraid to ask questions. this game is complicated. that's what makes it fun. the challenges never end. those that try to make you feel inferior don't understand the passion to dive into new and unique challenges. keep sharing , the only thing that has helped me progress in the game is the generousity of those who shared something new that I later exploited for my own personal growth. that's how this game works. ask questions, help eachother and grow.

DeletedUser29510

I'm kinda confused - when using the https://foe.dppro.nl/?l=tools&s=fairtrade# Fair Trade calculator it calculates SAM goods to VF goods at 1:2 (one SAM good for 2 VF goods) but when looking at the production cost it has 300,000 SAM compared to 64,000 VF -- so that would be more like 1:4.68

Yes, I know you cannot trade in the game at that rate...

But the question is; Is that expense of production correct for SAM goods or does the website have an error? That would be an extreme jump for an age compared to all the other age increases... And as such, what is the accepted fair trade exchange rate then??? 1:2 the max the game allows? I have seen lesser rates.

Does anyone know the production cost compared to other ages? I'm trying to maintain a spreadsheet as the Fair Trade websites are dying...

Thanks